PDA

View Full Version : Student looking for PT work

wiggaplz
10-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi all

I'm looking for a job that pays decent ($15++) and works around my availability. I have weekends off (Friday included) and a couple days during the week I'm off around noon. I have experience with a lot of things labour related (landscaping, moving, painting, electrical, etc) but I am open to anything and everything. If you know anyone that needs to hire a reliable and hard working student , then shoot me a pm.

I realize that I will probably get flamed for this and called 'lazy' for posting this on beyond but whatever. I have been looking for the past couple weeks and most employers are not looking for those type of hours and I don't feel like asking people if they want to supersize their meal (Yeah, flame away...lol).

Thanks

gqmw
10-15-2008, 11:25 AM
chicken on the way, i hear they pay well

toyboy88
10-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by gqmw
chicken on the way, i hear they pay well

$15/hr last I saw, may have gone up since I know the owner was still looking....

Nitzer5
10-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Enmax CSR 17.85 good benefits easy work

xLostx
10-18-2008, 01:56 PM
+1 for chicken on the way

momofan
10-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Nitzer5
Enmax CSR 17.85 good benefits easy work

Ohh I know someone that would be great for this job, anyone know if they are hiring. Went to the website and don't see any CSR jobs at the momet

Nitzer5
10-18-2008, 03:41 PM
They're hiring like all the time for some reason it doesn't show up on the website but we have new training classes every few weeks. If not, i know they're hiring for payment arrangements and other departments at entry level positions less bullshit to deal with better pay.

msommers
10-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Call centres like Telus, Starchoice etc would work. You could also waitor/waitress or bar tend. Have you looked around on job bank or FSWEP?

wiggaplz
10-19-2008, 04:02 PM
thanks for the responses guys...got interview with Shaw Communications coming up.

xLostx
10-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by xLostx
+1 for chicken on the way
+2

dollarbillz
10-22-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Nitzer5
They're hiring like all the time for some reason it doesn't show up on the website but we have new training classes every few weeks. If not, i know they're hiring for payment arrangements and other departments at entry level positions less bullshit to deal with better pay.

yah but it wont work for a student during school season the training is usually 8-4 for like 4-6 weeks u cant miss that much school, same thing with any call center

and if ENMAX is anything like EPCOR then its a job i wouldnt recommend they are always so worried bout service time and how long you are on not ready hell you cant even take a shit for 10 minutes unless you on a strict 30min break and 30 min is 30 min not 31...

All because utilities are regualted and they get fined