PDA

View Full Version : National Oilwell Varco - Next Generation Program

old_school_new
10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here works for NOV who has been through or heard about this program.

“Next Generation” Program
National Oilwell Varco has developed the Next Generation Program to train and develop high potential University graduates (with an undergraduate degree) for future leadership positions. The first year of employment for a Next Gen employee consists of four - 3 month rotations throughout the numerous divisions (geographic areas) of National Oilwell Varco. The customized rotational schedule focuses on providing a well-rounded experience in such capacities as sales, engineering, marketing, supply chain, accounting, finance, operations, HSE, quality manufacturing, and information systems. The training period (rotation program) will last approximately one year and will be headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta with potential domestic and international rotations. The program’s success is measured on a mutual fit (final placement) after one year of the program. The company is looking to hire 5 – 10 undergrads in any discipline that would fit or meet the business processes identified above.

There is an information session on Oct 20 at the UofC for those who were notified with a first interview email. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

adamc
10-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Haven't heard about this program, but sounds great.

EDITED: for my lack of reading comprehension.

suranga
10-16-2008, 06:25 PM
I have a friend in the program, he says it's okay. He actually graduated with a computer engineering degree, never was too keen on taking a technical route directly out of school. Hence, the program was a good fit in his mind. The company focuses mainly on the off-shore side of things, his international assignments are either in Texas or Norway.

Pacman
10-16-2008, 09:51 PM
I have a friend who did this program. Was a great opportunity for him right out of school. It's been a while since he took the program, but he had some exposure to difference areas of the company. He was required to do some work in Texas and Brazil.

eblend
10-16-2008, 10:26 PM
My mom works at NOV office in Downtown calgary, been working there for 12 years and makes nowhere near how much she would at another place (senior accountant) hence, not known to her company, but tomorrow she is going to a second interview for a company that actually gives raises and bonuses. Hope she gets that job, since she is making about 20k less there then she would elsewhere

old_school_new
10-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the comments so far, I'll try and keep you posted.