PDA

View Full Version : T88 GTR VS. S/C C6 Corvette

SNAATCH
10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Corvette was running M/T's. Turbo > Supercharger HA HA HA HA!

*link fixed*
http://vimeo.com/1971222

Hash_man
10-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Video says it's private and I have to log in to see.... fix that asap...

jonnycat
10-16-2008, 01:19 PM
So this thread isn't entirely useless, here's a different vid.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C6-Z06-VS-R35-GTR_183924.htm

treg50
10-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by jonnycat
So this thread isn't entirely useless, here's a different vid.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C6-Z06-VS-R35-GTR_183924.htm
Sweet.

C6 Z06 :drool: in black :drool: :drool:

SNAATCH
10-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Sorry everyone, try it again!

n1zm0
10-17-2008, 06:06 PM
confused at first, they both have 4 brake lights lol

pf0sh0
10-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

me too lol

Toms-SC
10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Well that was useless

SNAATCH
10-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Skyline wins both runs......:nut: The Skylines headlights have a yellow glow....

Ekliptix
10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Was that in Calgary? Who's C6 is that?

nissanK
10-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

+2 I couldn't figure out which was which.:nut:

sr20s14zenki
10-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Haha z06 got eaten.....when will chev learn to make a car (=

corvette...garbage...always has been...always will be, along with 99% of american made cars.

pf0sh0
10-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

corvette...garbage...always has been...always will be, along with 99% of american made cars.

oh man, you're gunna start domestic vs. jdm war in here

sr20s14zenki
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by pf0sh0

oh man, you're gunna start domestic vs. jdm war in here

whoops (=

not like thats anything new around here :nut:

the proof is in the video...and many other videos (=

lets see, sink 10,000$ into a GTR and 10,000$ into a corvette z06....z06 has what...triple the displacement, so really already has the advantage....gtr wins, corvette goes home with tail between its legs....end of story

89s1
10-17-2008, 07:00 PM
^^ and gtr goes to dealership for new transmission. ^^

sr20s14zenki
10-17-2008, 07:07 PM
^^^i meant the old gtrs, r34 and under (=

and as for the new gtr, i think its blown out of proportion by a few douche bags, smearing the GTR. We'll see what happens in the future. Maybe the new GTR will be proven that this shit actually ISNT happening. How many trannys are going to break...only time will tell. Im not saying its not true, but i dont believe it to be true, i think its just morons get a car and beat the fuck out of it expecting warranty.

badatusrnames
10-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

:werd: Calgary is at 3400ft...

I'm guessing they've both been at Race City - anyone recognize them?

pf0sh0
10-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Maybe it was Snaaaatttcccchhhhh!

SNAATCH
10-17-2008, 09:36 PM

I don't know if he is a user on beyond, but his name is Zain. Its the black C6 with black wheels.

Mr_ET
10-17-2008, 09:44 PM
public display of street racing in Calgary by someone I thought was better than this:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

LancerShelby
10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
public display of street racing in Calgary by someone I thought was better than this:thumbsdow :thumbsdow Ok dad....:rolleyes:

Mr_ET
10-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Funny you say that I have 2 kids and would rather they don't get killed by someone racing and losing control.

I think you can appreciate that?

SNAATCH
10-18-2008, 12:58 PM
This isn't a street racing debate thread. In fact there are a ton of street racing videos on this site. Why don't you go post in all of those that no body should have been street racing.
If you don't like the video, then that's no problem. There are some enthusiasts that will. That's who the video is for. :drama:

And Mr_ET, Don't mean to tell me you have been an angel driver your whole life. I'm sure you did quite a few pulls on the street with your turbo EF.

Ekliptix
10-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by SNAATCH

I don't know if he is a user on beyond, but his name is Zain. Its the black C6 with black wheels.
I know Zane. His car did 11.3 at 130mph at race city on 8psi of boost. I can't tell from the video, but it looks like he's on street tires there. He definitely lost a lot of ground at the start from spinning. That GTR looks really fast though too.

To sr20s14zenki, you are hilarious. I can't tell if you're even serious your comments are so ridiculous. :rofl:

ercchry
10-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
Funny you say that I have 2 kids and would rather they don't get killed by someone racing and losing control.

I think you can appreciate that?

if this was in a residential area then your argument would be valid... but if your kids are running around in the country at night i think it is more of a parenting thing :nut:

but if you come back with driving home with them in your car from somewhere in the country... you should have your headlights on and well they would see you and i would hope would slow down to a respectable speed

but really why would you post a video from an account that has your full name as the user name :rofl:

SNAATCH
10-18-2008, 01:11 PM

I know Zane. His car did 11.3 at 130mph at race city on 8psi of boost. I can't tell from the video, but it looks like he's on street tires there. He definitely lost a lot of ground at the start from spinning. That GTR looks really fast though too.

To sr20s14zenki, you are hilarious. I can't tell if you're even serious your comments are so ridiculous. :rofl:

I'm almost positive his mph was 120. But i'm not sure, I've seen him run before, and I know he was on slicks these races.

Originally posted by ercchry

but really why would you post a video from an account that has your full name as the user name :rofl:

That just means I uploaded the video.

dimi
10-18-2008, 01:23 PM
^^^i meant the old gtrs, r34 and under (=

and as for the new gtr, i think its blown out of proportion by a few douche bags, smearing the GTR. We'll see what happens in the future. Maybe the new GTR will be proven that this shit actually ISNT happening. How many trannys are going to break...only time will tell. Im not saying its not true, but i dont believe it to be true, i think its just morons get a car and beat the fuck out of it expecting warranty.

Go debate with Palin

Ekliptix
10-18-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm almost positive his mph was 120. But i'm not sure, I've seen him run before, and I know he was on slicks these races.

He definitely did 11.31 at 130mph this summer. It's in his sig on perf-shop. That was with a poor 60'. The mph speaks for itself. That's with the following bolt ons: heads, cam, procharger at 8psi, headers, exhaust, maybe meth injection.

Carlton
10-18-2008, 01:50 PM

You're a fag. Too bad it was just a C6 Corvette and NOT a Z06. Learn which is which. If it was a Z06 it would have eaten it alive just like it did to the R35.

SNAATCH
10-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Carlton

You're a fag. Too bad it was just a C6 Corvette and NOT a Z06. Learn which is which. If it was a Z06 it would have eaten it alive just like it did to the R35.

It's a Supercharged C6, moves much better than a C6 Z06. You don't see C6 Z06's running low 11's in Calgary. Get your shit straight.

SNAATCH
10-18-2008, 04:01 PM

He definitely did 11.31 at 130mph this summer. It's in his sig on perf-shop. That was with a poor 60'. The mph speaks for itself. That's with the following bolt ons: heads, cam, procharger at 8psi, headers, exhaust, maybe meth injection.

That's strange because he raced this GTR a few times and has only beaten it one time at the track when the GTR's spark plugs were fouled. Guess his car doesn't run quite as well on the street...

Ekliptix
10-18-2008, 04:58 PM
That's possible, but I believe his C6 went through improvements during the summer, so depending when this video's from, the car could have been at a lower hp level.

Either way, that nissan is very fast, and you're 100% correct about this C6 being faster then a stock C6Z. Is this your nissan in the video?

SNAATCH
10-18-2008, 05:01 PM
That's possible, but I believe his C6 went through improvements during the summer, so depending when this video's from, the car could have been at a lower hp level.

Either way, that nissan is very fast, and you're 100% correct about this C6 being faster then a stock C6Z. Is this your nissan in the video?

Negative, I don't condone street racing.

Tram Common
10-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Crazy. I'm not surprised. I've seen cheap ass R32's run low 11's all day long in Japan.

...I've also seen cheap ass VW's running 11's...just depends how you want to spend your cash.

A 50K plus platform is never a good starting point when bang-for-your-buck HP is concerned.:burnout:

sr20s14zenki
10-18-2008, 10:11 PM

Just wanted to say...hmm...looks like the posts up there shut you up didnt they? I dont care what you say, japanese engineering will ALWAYS win over america's flagship cars. If you want to forget about the gtr and talk about Toyota....a 2jz can make up to 1000hp on a stock bottom end.....and its a 3.0L....so chevrolet can strut around talking about their 670 hp all they want...but the japanese will always make comparable if not better numbers on half the displacement.

Carlton
10-18-2008, 11:28 PM

Just wanted to say...hmm...looks like the posts up there shut you up didnt they? I dont care what you say, japanese engineering will ALWAYS win over america's flagship cars. If you want to forget about the gtr and talk about Toyota....a 2jz can make up to 1000hp on a stock bottom end.....and its a 3.0L....so chevrolet can strut around talking about their 670 hp all they want...but the japanese will always make comparable if not better numbers on half the displacement.

Buddy shut your mouth. That's not japanese engineering, its called aftermarket addons and i'm not some fag nissan fanboy because I actually own a 350Z. That is a fast GT-R no doubt but you are a straight fool for even trying to cuss out the Corvette. I've seen twin turbo C6 7.0s and they haul just as fast sitting at only 5 PSI of boost. Props to the skyline, my buddy had the pleasure in having a ride in it but you are a moron for saying the Corvette is a POS. I'm sorry but its far from it. I can dump 20k in a POS AWD DSM and run the same time and its a car built in fuckin Chicago.

962 kid
10-19-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm sorry but its far from it. I can dump 20k in a POS AWD DSM and run the same time and its a car built in fuckin Chicago.

:(

Tram Common
10-19-2008, 02:43 AM
DSM owners don't really believe they drive AWD do they??:rofl:

sr20s14zenki
10-19-2008, 09:28 AM

Buddy shut your mouth. That's not japanese engineering, its called aftermarket addons and i'm not some fag nissan fanboy because I actually own a 350Z. That is a fast GT-R no doubt but you are a straight fool for even trying to cuss out the Corvette. I've seen twin turbo C6 7.0s and they haul just as fast sitting at only 5 PSI of boost. Props to the skyline, my buddy had the pleasure in having a ride in it but you are a moron for saying the Corvette is a POS. I'm sorry but its far from it. I can dump 20k in a POS AWD DSM and run the same time and its a car built in fuckin Chicago.

Thank you, you sure are a big man cussing people out on a forum for their opinion...id like to see if you would be this mouthy in person. Whatever...opinions are like assholes right?
:drama:

And are you fucking serious aftermarket addons? Who built the engine that was factory rated at 320 horsepower strong enough to withstand 1000? You are a fucking tool, and have no clue what the fuck you are talking about, you are just one of those losers that hides behind a keyboard and spouts off bullshit, and thats been proven in this thread. Show me one american built FACTORY 2.0L BEFORE the ecotec that would withstand up to 500 horsepower like an sr20det would. And as for your dsm shit, yah, its BUILT in america, but it was ENGINEERED Japanese you fuck. And for the record, im not a nissan fanboy, i have great faith in ALL japanese engineering. Its proven itself time and time again to surpass at the very least, the americans (=

do the world a favor and drive your 350z into a brick wall as fast as you can.

SNAATCH
10-19-2008, 09:51 AM

Did you just say you have seen a twin turbo C6 run 7's? I've seen a twin turbo C6 on 7psi and mid 11's is his best. I mean the Skylines technology is all at least 10 years old(the bolt ons). The engine has been around since around 1989. Show me one american motor in that year that kicked as much ass as the RB26dett. The C6 is supposed to be state of the art a with state of the art twin turbo or S/C kit. But it still can't manage to beat a 16 year old "inferior" car with at least 10 year old bolt ons(not positive when Greddy came out with the kit).

Supa Dexta
10-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Tram Common
DSM owners don't really believe they drive AWD do they??:rofl:

What does that mean?

http://eosperformance.com/AWDLaunch.wmv

Carlton
10-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I never said it ran 7.0s. I was talking about the 7.0 litre engine force fed. But whatever I'm not gonna sit here and argue about a Skyline being "better" than a Corvette or Ferrari because its faster. I think the SRT-4 is a POS but it somehow still gets in the 11s on stock bottom end too. WTF.

dimi
10-19-2008, 10:53 AM

Did you just say you have seen a twin turbo C6 run 7's? I've seen a twin turbo C6 on 7psi and mid 11's is his best.

You guys are funny. It's like talking to a brick wall. It takes this much |---| common sense to figure out he is talking about a C6 7.0L (aka Z06). Stock corvettes (Z06) run low 11's / high 10's (at lower altitudes). Now you show me a stock GT-R that does this WITHOUT VOIDING ITS WARRANTY (aka LC). Cause we can play the modding game all day and it all comes down to how much $ you have, not what kind of car you drive.

Carlton
10-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid

:(

Don't worry I've owned my fair share of DSM's, its a love/hate thing.

Originally posted by dimi

Cause we can play the modding game all day and it all comes down to how much $ you have, not what kind of car you drive.

All in all that is exactly what it is.

sr20s14zenki
10-19-2008, 11:03 AM
All IM saying is that american engineering sucks for one thing. it takes them 7 litres to do something it takes 2.6 litres for a japanese car to do. The rb26dett makes 320 horsepower STOCK with 2.6 litres. Even the base corvette makes what 350 horsepower with like 2.5x more displacement?

Casa
10-19-2008, 11:06 AM
lolololollolloloololololololoollololololololololol

al-ti2d
10-19-2008, 11:09 AM

Carlton
10-19-2008, 11:11 AM
All IM saying is that american engineering sucks for one thing. it takes them 7 litres to do something it takes 2.6 litres for a japanese car to do. The rb26dett makes 320 horsepower STOCK with 2.6 litres. Even the base corvette makes what 350 horsepower with like 2.5x more displacement?

Dude, I don't even know what to say anymore.

dimi
10-19-2008, 11:16 AM

Let me restate what I posted a 20 minutes ago. It's like arguing with a wall. I present an argument, and instead of responding to it, you switch to something totally irrelevant. I called you out to show me ANY STOCK SKYLINE that does the 1/4 in around the high 10s (WITHOUT VOIDING ITS WARRANTY), because as we all know the corvette is capable of doing this.

WHO THE FUCK CARES what the hp/L ratio is. I have an S2000 that has 120hp/L WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! A base corvette gets almost the same gas mileage as me and would blow away my doors. Now, as I stated earlier go find that high 10's stock skyline.

sr20s14zenki
10-19-2008, 11:23 AM

Let me restate what I posted a 20 minutes ago. It's like arguing with a wall. I present an argument, and instead of responding to it, you switch to something totally irrelevant. I called you out to show me ANY STOCK SKYLINE that does the 1/4 in around the high 10s (WITHOUT VOIDING ITS WARRANTY), because as we all know the corvette is capable of doing this.

WHO THE FUCK CARES what the hp/L ratio is. I have an S2000 that has 120hp/L WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! A base corvette gets almost the same gas mileage as me and would blow away my doors. Now, as I stated earlier go find that high 10's stock skyline.

Fair enough, i get what you are saying, were on the same page now. You are talking stock cars, fair enough. I was trying to stay on page with the video, which shows a modified skyline versus a modified corvette, so i was talking modded cars. Sorry for the confusion, like i said in my "award thread" i am just passionate about ALL japanese cars. There is NOT a skyline that does 10 seconds stock, you are correct.

Graham_A_M
10-19-2008, 11:29 AM
i am just passionate about ALL japanese cars. There is NOT a skyline that does 10 seconds stock, you are correct.

Its fanboy idiots like somebody around here thats the reason I will not own another Jap car. I'm just so tired of being connotated with bigots like yourself. (oh but let me guess, here come the very funny "douchebag BMW driver" comments though right? those are always original.

I just dont know what to say to a person like you. :banghead: :banghead:

sr20s14zenki
10-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Its fanboy idiots like somebody around here thats the reason I will not own another Jap car. I'm just so tired of being connotated with bigots like yourself. (oh but let me guess, here come the very funny "douchebag BMW driver" comments though right? those are always original.

I just dont know what to say to a person like you. :banghead: :banghead:

im not like that, to each his own i say. Its not an attempt to backpeddle, thats not what its about. I LOVE my japanese cars, but im sure YOU love your BMW and thats fine. Im not going to make a comment about bmw drivers being idiots because im sure not EVERY one is. If you guys want to shit on me about this thread, thats fine, i dont blame you. I got on the offensive, and it was just a miscommunication. Anyways...thats pretty much all i have to say. You enjoy your bmw, im sure you worked hard for it, ill enjoy my nissan, and everybody else can enjoy whatever flavor of car they choose. You can drive a Lada for all i care, if you like it, good for you. I had an rx7 and you wouldnt believe the people that would joke around about it, but i loved that car, and defended it till the end.

I have no problem apoligizing when i am wrong, and i was wrong.

n1zm0
10-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Show me one american motor in that year that kicked as much ass as the RB26dett.
Lycoming O-320
Pratt & Whitney JT8D/JT9D
GE CF6
:D
:drama: to each his own, domestic/import fights never get anywhere..

SNAATCH
10-19-2008, 12:06 PM

The new GTR runs close enough 1/4 times to the Z06. Where is your proof of a stock Z06 running high tens.
I found this one, which needed slicks and some bolt ons to reach the time you speak of.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxWh23_T34

Oh wait, which car wins this test? Not only is the GTR heavier, but it also has less horsepower.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cyesMboupuU

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VCW_peWK93o&feature=related

Plus in the original video in the first post of this thread both cars have been highly modified.... So both are in the modding game.

dimi
10-19-2008, 03:24 PM

The new GTR runs close enough 1/4 times to the Z06. Where is your proof of a stock Z06 running high tens.
I found this one, which needed slicks and some bolt ons to reach the time you speak of.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxWh23_T34

Oh wait, which car wins this test? Not only is the GTR heavier, but it also has less horsepower.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=cyesMboupuU

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=VCW_peWK93o&feature=related

Plus in the original video in the first post of this thread both cars have been highly modified.... So both are in the modding game.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E

First a simple search on youtube give you 11.01. OK he didn't break into 10's but I have a vids on my home comp of that, which I will post later. As for the GT-R, tell me what is the fastest a stock one has run? Mid 11's that is with LC, which I will state again voids the warranty. What does the GT-R run without LC, letting you keep your warranty, which is kind of useful when you have a $20000 tranny? You still haven't answered that.

Second, who the fuck cares about what Car and Driver think. It's subjective. We're talking 1/4 mile here (objective) as that is the easiest way to judge straight line speed which is what the original video is concerned with.

Third. The modding game commences yet again. Ok the original video deals with modified cars. So from a sample size of one, you generalize for the whole population. Statistics 213, I highly recommend it. I can show you random videos of corvettes ripping GT-Rs all day. IN FACT I can show you civics ripping 911 Turbos. Therefore a civic must be better than a 911Turbo, right? Cool what have we achieved, fuck all.

dimi
10-19-2008, 03:24 PM
double post

Tram Common
10-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

What does that mean?

http://eosperformance.com/AWDLaunch.wmv

Look very very closely.;)

PS- If you still don't get it...I'm being an ass...DSM's are front wheel, rear assist.

...so I'm just joking around.

Supa Dexta
10-19-2008, 05:20 PM
"Rear assist" now what does that mean? It's a 50/50 split set up with viscous coupling, as seen at 600 frames a second there... It never runs "fwd"..

SNAATCH
10-19-2008, 05:36 PM

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ttO4gIlyq6E

First a simple search on youtube give you 11.01. OK he didn't break into 10's but I have a vids on my home comp of that, which I will post later. As for the GT-R, tell me what is the fastest a stock one has run? Mid 11's that is with LC, which I will state again voids the warranty. What does the GT-R run without LC, letting you keep your warranty, which is kind of useful when you have a $20000 tranny? You still haven't answered that.

Second, who the fuck cares about what Car and Driver think. It's subjective. We're talking 1/4 mile here (objective) as that is the easiest way to judge straight line speed which is what the original video is concerned with.

I can gaurantee your 11.1 was run with aftermarket tires, and who cares what Car and Driver says? They ruled the GTR number one because it was fastest around the track. It was slower on the straights. We are talking overall comparison when people bring up a corvette being a POS.

Ekliptix
10-19-2008, 05:43 PM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1794944
http://www.rangeracceleration.com/hosted_jpgs/Jamie_Furman.1098_1.jpg

Tram Common
10-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
"Rear assist" now what does that mean? It's a 50/50 split set up with viscous coupling, as seen at 600 frames a second there... It never runs "fwd"..

...my bad Supa Dexta. You're right.

I've been under this understanding for some odd reason that the ratio on some DSM's was capable of changing like the older R32 GT-R's.

Thanks for the correction...now I can stop talking out my ass.

dimi
10-19-2008, 06:44 PM

I can gaurantee your 11.1 was run with aftermarket tires, and who cares what Car and Driver says? They ruled the GTR number one because it was fastest around the track. It was slower on the straights. We are talking overall comparison when people bring up a corvette being a POS.

No we aren't doing an overall comparison. As far as I can see this whole thread has been about straight line. Now that you have no valid points to make, it becomes a track discussion. I'm sorry if you feel offended by the facts that I have presented, since I notice you own a GTR, but they are facts. $ for $ the Z06 is one of the fastest straight line production cars you can buy today, whether you like it or not.

As for Car and Driver, they have consistently proved that they are not a reliable source. So if we listen to Car and Driver an M3 is a better car than the GT-R. I'm guessing you agree with that too.

Well anyway, I've had my fun here, back to studying. Carlton I assign you to debate these noobs in my absence. Good Luck

SNAATCH
10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Is this not what started this whole debate?

whoops (=

not like thats anything new around here :nut:

the proof is in the video...and many other videos (=

lets see, sink 10,000$ into a GTR and 10,000$ into a corvette z06....z06 has what...triple the displacement, so really already has the advantage....gtr wins, corvette goes home with tail between its legs....end of story

No we aren't doing an overall comparison. As far as I can see this whole thread has been about straight line. Now that you have no valid points to make, it becomes a track discussion. I'm sorry if you feel offended by the facts that I have presented, since I notice you own a GTR, but they are facts. $ for $ the Z06 is one of the fastest straight line production cars you can buy today, whether you like it or not.

As for Car and Driver, they have consistently proved that they are not a reliable source. So if we listen to Car and Driver an M3 is a better car than the GT-R. I'm guessing you agree with that too.

Well anyway, I've had my fun here, back to studying. Carlton I assign you to debate these noobs in my absence. Good Luck

I didn't know that the new Z06 was capable of those times. So you proved that a factory American $100k car can runs 10s. Congrats. We never said That a corvette is slow, or can't be fast.
We just like to brag about spending a fraction of the cost on our Japanese tuner cars and walk all over $100k-$300k supercars. This is accomplished with at least half the displacement, which is pretty cool IMO.
And in regards to Car and Driver. Sure they aren't the best source, but they are not the only ones who say the GTR is one of the most technologically advanced roadcars of today, without being $1,000,000. It is definitely the most advanced for in and around it's price tag.

Ekliptix
10-20-2008, 05:05 PM
A used C6Z can be had for under $50k US now.
Honestly though, as good as the C6Z looks, you can buy a base model C6, put headers, a $6500 blower kit at 9psi, tires and do mid 10's at 135mph: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2158607

Casa
10-20-2008, 05:26 PM
And in regards to Car and Driver. Sure they aren't the best source, but they are not the only ones who say the GTR is one of the most technologically advanced roadcars of today, without being $1,000,000. It is definitely the most advanced for in and around it's price tag.

i very much agree.

SNAATCH
10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
A used C6Z can be had for under $50k US now.
Honestly though, as good as the C6Z looks, you can buy a base model C6, put headers, a $6500 blower kit at 9psi, tires and do mid 10's at 135mph: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2158607

I would go twin turbo over the S/C kit. I have seen a automatic base model C6 twin turbo in Calgary run mid tens consistently. That same S/C setup in Calgary probably wouldn't acquire the same times.

Ekliptix
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
I agree, although the TT kit is more expensive. The guy who owns that TT C6 you're talking about also has a C6Z with heads, headers, cam, and a 75 shot. He's done 9.# in calgary on a 18" drag radial. Full interior, ac, etc. It's a street car.

From everything I've head, the new GTR is super advanced as you mentioned. It seems to get around a track without much drama, while turning good times.

As far as nissan engines making the same hp as a corvette, but using 1/2 the engine size with the help of turbos and high revs, all I can say is that there's more then 1 way to get the job done. :D If I could own a LHD GTR (older model) as a project car, I probably would.

SNAATCH
10-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I agree, although the TT kit is more expensive. The guy who owns that TT C6 you're talking about also has a C6Z with heads, headers, cam, and a 75 shot. He's done 9.# in calgary on a 18" drag radial. Full interior, ac, etc. It's a street car.

From everything I've head, the new GTR is super advanced as you mentioned. It seems to get around a track without much drama, while turning good times.

As far as nissan engines making the same hp as a corvette, but using 1/2 the engine size with the help of turbos and high revs, all I can say is that there's more then 1 way to get the job done. :D If I could own a LHD GTR (older model) as a project car, I probably would.

You can have a LHD conversion done.
http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=26341&highlight=left+hand+drive+gtr

Casa
10-20-2008, 11:54 PM

You can have a LHD conversion done.
http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=26341&highlight=left+hand+drive+gtr

i haven't seen one ever in Canada. thats pretty neat.

shanerodgers
10-21-2008, 08:50 AM
To the Skyline, Do you remember that night where you did the roll on with the Black Vette, and it destroyed you, when you got back you asked him if you could do it again, but at a little faster because you werent in your Boost? And your last confrontation at Race City, Where the Vette destroyed you once again.

And as for this conversation about how much you to have put in your cars, Ever think how much the guy that owned the car before you in Japan put in that car? Just because you bought it for 10K doesnt mean that he only put that into it.

Im sure you will meet the vette next season, and get your ass handed to you once again. Maybe you can take your moms Buick out and race that to.

Sea6
10-21-2008, 08:54 AM
why are we even talking about skyline's?

:whocares:

Tram Common
10-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by shanerodgers
Im sure you will meet the vette next season, and get your ass handed to you once again. Maybe you can take your moms Buick out and race that to.

Wow...beyond at it's greatest...seriously do you even think before posting things like this?

Boosted Gtir
10-21-2008, 12:32 PM
no real comment but i just think its funny that the guy with an SR 240 is calling a C6 a POS.

Tram Common
10-21-2008, 01:45 PM
The long and short of it is that we all love something in the automotive world far too much.

I personally adore all old school Nissan/Datsun cars.

...but I do have a soft spot for American muscle as well.

Damn if I could afford a Z06 or a ZR1...

...I'd probably still actually buy a Porsche :D

...but I love the Z06 and ZR1 regardless.

Back on topic:

The Skyline in question is a local Skyline correct? Have we established that it's not the OP Skyline and that he's not just in fact concealing that information?

89coupe
10-21-2008, 01:52 PM

It's a Supercharged C6, moves much better than a C6 Z06. You don't see C6 Z06's running low 11's in Calgary. Get your shit straight.

I can show you a C6 Z06 in Calgary that runs low 10's at almost 140mph :drama: :rofl:

Sea6
10-21-2008, 01:52 PM
[

I personally adore all old school Nissan/Datsun cars.

]

your dad must be proud

89coupe
10-21-2008, 01:54 PM

Did you just say you have seen a twin turbo C6 run 7's? I've seen a twin turbo C6 on 7psi and mid 11's is his best. I mean the Skylines technology is all at least 10 years old(the bolt ons). The engine has been around since around 1989. Show me one american motor in that year that kicked as much ass as the RB26dett. The C6 is supposed to be state of the art a with state of the art twin turbo or S/C kit. But it still can't manage to beat a 16 year old "inferior" car with at least 10 year old bolt ons(not positive when Greddy came out with the kit).

I know of a TT C6 in Calgary that runs high 9's at almost 140mph.:drama: :rofl:

7thgenvic
10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
these threads have become too large

Tram Common
10-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Sea6

your dad must be proud

Or maybe I'm like 55 years old??

Ever think of that!!!?!?!

Sea6
10-21-2008, 03:13 PM

Or maybe I'm like 55 years old??

Ever think of that!!!?!?!

like i said "your dad must be proud"

sr20s14zenki
10-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Boosted Gtir
no real comment but i just think its funny that the guy with an SR 240 is calling a C6 a POS.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :goflames:

mark4091
10-21-2008, 07:49 PM
You can throw money at anything.

SNAATCH
10-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by shanerodgers
To the Skyline, Do you remember that night where you did the roll on with the Black Vette, and it destroyed you, when you got back you asked him if you could do it again, but at a little faster because you werent in your Boost? And your last confrontation at Race City, Where the Vette destroyed you once again.

And as for this conversation about how much you to have put in your cars, Ever think how much the guy that owned the car before you in Japan put in that car? Just because you bought it for 10K doesnt mean that he only put that into it.

I think you need to get your facts straight. There are plenty of witnesses that were there that night that will say the GTR won over and over again. This video is from that night. Maybe you are blind when you say the Corvette beat the Skyline from a roll. The ONLY time this Corvette has walked on the skyline is at the track. The GTR had fouled it's plugs from a bit too much race gas and let off half track. This is proven from 12 second time slips that night and low mph. You could hear the misfire from the stands.

What the fuck is with the Buick comment?

Originally posted by 89coupe

I can show you a C6 Z06 in Calgary that runs low 10's at almost 140mph :drama: :rofl:

I know of a TT C6 in Calgary that runs high 9's at almost 140mph.:drama: :rofl:

I meant a stock C6 Z06 in Calgary and I'm sure there is a twin turbo C6 that runs 9's, but not at 7psi.

89coupe
10-21-2008, 09:30 PM

I think you need to get your facts straight. There are plenty of witnesses that were there that night that will say the GTR won over and over again. This video is from that night. Maybe you are blind when you say the Corvette beat the Skyline from a roll. The ONLY time this Corvette has walked on the skyline is at the track. The GTR had fouled it's plugs from a bit too much race gas and let off half track. This is proven from 12 second time slips that night and low mph. You could hear the misfire from the stands.

What the fuck is with the Buick comment?

I meant a stock C6 Z06 in Calgary and I'm sure there is a twin turbo C6 that runs 9's, but not at 7psi.

I can ask him, but curious, how many psi do you think it would take???:confused:

SNAATCH
10-21-2008, 09:38 PM

I can ask him, but curious, how many psi do you think it would take???:confused:

Wild guess would be 10-15psi, with more power adders as well. NOS, or meth injection. Don't quote me though, I don't know much about the performance of these cars. I think I have clearly displayed that in this thread. :D

The TT C6 I speak of is a dark red one. He was running consistent mid 11's one friday. He said he was just running low boost which was around 6-7psi I think. Then a friday after that he was running mid tens all night. I can assume he upped the boost for those runs.

qmf
10-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Holy fuckin shit show. A bunch of fags still on beyond I see. When I taped this, yes i said I, becuase it is my footage. Zane vette was a 11.70's car at race city and my buddies GTR ran 11.3. Both runs on vid from race city aswell. Since then the GTR has not done anythign different and ran 11.10's rappin a Ford GT that ran 11.90's, and Zane ran 11.30's (he did a bit of work since the 11.70) then broke. Zane never beat the GTR from a roll so I dont know what the douche queen shanerodges is talkin about, must be another skyline.

STOCK C6 Z06 will NOT run 10's in calgary, they need TT and slicks to do that.....if you go to race city you will see that....It also ran a 9.90's.

Soo......the haters can shut there mouth now.

Rage2 will vouch for the vid as he was sent it the weekend it happend a few months ago. *08-07-2008 10:39 AM

89coupe
10-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Bottom line is the the GTR is a hunk of junk and the Vette is a badass machine.:drama: :rofl:

shanerodgers
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
I love how lippy and tough 18 year olds are.

Toms-SC
10-22-2008, 09:46 AM
This has gone from an OK thread, to medium crap, to well done shit. There is a good chance Race City is going to be open this Friday so bring your junk and race again. I look forward to the update thread.

Until then :facepalm: followed by :closed: