PDA

View Full Version : As an interviewer, if you can ask two questions, what would they be?

jmc
10-16-2008, 12:24 AM
If you are the interviewer, what 2 questions would you ask the potential employee? Thanks

Darkane
10-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Are you gonna be one of those assholes that works here for 3 months then quits?

A super I know actually said that once.

Second question if pertaining to hot female: How you doing?

zarge
10-16-2008, 12:34 AM
You don't need to interview with straight up questions.. you need to just get a feel for the person through casual conversation. If that can't be attained scratch them off the list right away.

bspot
10-16-2008, 12:35 AM
1. Anal?

2. Please?

97'Scort
10-16-2008, 01:11 AM
You can always be an asshole and do the tough ones:

1. Where do you think you need improvement, or What is your biggest fault?

2. How have you handled a situation that you weren't sure how to handle?

Seriously, I've been asked both. The second one I've only got once, but if you want to see the gears turning that's a nasty one to stump them with.

A790
10-16-2008, 01:46 AM
1. What's more important to you, and it's honesty that matters here: protecting the company, or protecting the relationships you will build within it?

2. In what ways will you use your judgment when given assignments that may or may not be ideal for your position within the company? In other words, will you do as instructed or will you wander off the beaten path on occasion?

lint
10-16-2008, 08:49 AM
1. How would you go about building a watch for the blind?
2. MS has decided to consolidate all of the buildings in their Redmond campus into one building in downtown Seattle. Design it.

in*10*se
10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
1. Tell me something i don't know

2. Whats new in the news

dannie
10-16-2008, 10:41 AM
1. What is your biggest fault? How are you currently improving said fault

2. What is the most difficult situation that you have been in and how did you deal with it? How would you deal with it differently?

hampstor
10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
My Favorite questions :

1a) What do you think your biggest weakness is at your previous/current job and how did you overcome it?
1b) What would your previous/current employer think your biggest weakness is and what would think they about how you have managed it?

2) Tell me what you know about us, and how you prepared for today's interview.

Both questions, I was not looking for answers, but the way they answered it. The first one is about how they perceive people viewing their shortcomings and what they think about it/themselves, and the second one was to see if they actually prepared for the interview.,

lint
10-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by dannie
1. What is your biggest fault? How are you currently improving said fault

2. What is the most difficult situation that you have been in and how did you deal with it? How would you deal with it differently?

Originally posted by hampstor
1a) What do you think your biggest weakness is at your previous/current job and how did you overcome it?
1b) What would your previous/current employer think your biggest weakness is and what would think they about how you have managed it?

Personal opinion, but these are too common and easy to prepare for with stock answers.

Originally posted by in*10*se

Never had this one but I like it.

alloroc
10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
1. Where do you think you need improvement, or What is your biggest fault?

A) I currently dedicate all of my energy to satisfy my managers. My biggest fault may be my overzealous work habits. I hate to see a job in front of me unfinished.

Originally posted by 97'Scort

2. How have you handled a situation that you weren't sure how to handle?

A) I have always been a quick abstract thinker and have never found myself in any environment where I am over my head.

alloroc
10-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by in*10*se

2. Whats new in the news

LOL!
1A Your wife gives great head

2A Your wife gives great head

szw
10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

A) I currently dedicate all of my energy to satisfy my managers. My biggest fault may be my overzealous work habits. I hate to see a job in front of me unfinished.

A) I have always been a quick abstract thinker and have never found myself in any environment where I am over my head.

I think those are horrible horrible answers to give. Any interviewer can see straight through that bullshit.

"My weakness is I work too hard"...give me a break.

dannie
10-16-2008, 01:35 PM
^ I agree. Answering like that is a definate no. I know at that point that either a) your an ass kisser or b) your a liar.

Civ2NR
10-16-2008, 01:44 PM
1. Why should I hire you over the other applicants that have applied for this position?

2. Do you have a pulse?

alloroc
10-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by szw

I think those are horrible horrible answers to give. Any interviewer can see straight through that bullshit.

"My weakness is I work too hard"...give me a break.
Gah

Skyline_Addict
10-16-2008, 02:43 PM
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What makes you interested in working with our company?

analbumcover
10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Just one question

1) Would you Date my Daughter

http://g.photos.cx/n733100166_1905291_9727-12.jpg

Amysicle
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Civ2NR
1. Why should I hire you over the other applicants that have applied for this position? I actually find this difficult to answer because I don't know what I'm up against. I mean, I think I'm a better employee than 90% of the people out there but what if someone better than me at the job was applying as well?

D_2K
10-16-2008, 03:29 PM
that picture is fucking gross!

I have a behavioral interview tomorrow so these questions are sorta getting me prepared!

Civ2NR
10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Amysicle Originally posted by Civ2NR
1. Why should I hire you over the other applicants that have applied for this position?

I actually find this difficult to answer because I don't know what I'm up against. I mean, I think I'm a better employee than 90% of the people out there but what if someone better than me at the job was applying as well?

I think that's the whole point of a question like this. It gives you the opportunity to talk about your skills (technical and social) and how they are applicable to the position but also allows you the opportunity to not come across as conceeded by recognizing that there are potentially other qualified candidates in the mix. If I had a position to fill and it came down to a number of candidates with reasonably close crudentials I would be more inclined to base my decision on personality, and hence not want to work with the person that comes across as full of themselves.

kutt3r
10-16-2008, 04:15 PM
In my past life as an IT Manager, my favorite question was:

Are you a gamer or a programmer?

suen_boi
10-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

2) Tell me what you know about us, and how you prepared for today's interview.

I like this one. A good follow up question could be: Given what you know about us, what do you bring to our company?

extm88
10-16-2008, 05:40 PM
to a hot female...

So, i am in need of employees, if you can bring in 3 other friends ill give you a extra dollar a hour.
Then i would remind her that the one ugly friend in every hot group only counts as half.:thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
10-16-2008, 06:22 PM
1) How good are you at sales? Sell me this pen *hands over pen*

2) Where do you see yourself in 10 years ? What does your life look like?

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

2) Where do you see yourself in 10 years ? What does your life look like?

Number one is awesome, I would be pissed if someone asked me to do that.

jonnycat
10-27-2008, 04:48 PM

Actually I'm not sure if I wanto to sell this pen to you. It seems almost perfectly weighted, it's balance is incredible. Here, let's try it out. (write something) Wow! This pen has some smooth action, the ink flows perfectly.

You know those pens when you get half way through you signature and it still hasn't started working? Not with this pen. Here give it a try.

Nice hey? No blobs, runs or streaks just a perfect reliable pen. If you are really interested in the pen, we could probably work something out, and now that we've given it try, I could probably knock the price down. How's a dollar sound? A little high eh? Well what price do you think is fair? $0.75? Now that price might get me in some hot water, how about we split the difference in your favour $0.87?

stevieo
10-27-2008, 06:48 PM

if you buy this pen i give you my phone number, buy now!

NoSup4U
10-28-2008, 03:57 AM
1)"If you wrote a book about your life so far,what would the title be?!?!"

2)Tell me everything there is to know about (insert name here)..

Number one test your on the spot ability to make an important decsion......number two just gets you off track and nervous for the rest of the interview...I love using it in the first few minutes :thumbsup:

Weed out the weak.......

Supa Dexta
10-28-2008, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover
Just one question

1) Would you Date my Daughter

http://g.photos.cx/n733100166_1905291_9727-12.jpg

Thats a trick question, those are your sons.

Thats a pretty nice pen, I think I'll hang onto that as a reward for this new job I'm about to get..

B) In your chair and my life is MARVELOUS.

Dumbass17
10-28-2008, 12:31 PM
this thread reminds me how badly i hate being interviewed.
especially by 3 people at once.

my roommate is trying to get a pharmaceutical sales job and she's had 4 interviews so far. each one being about 1 hour long :banghead: i couldn't do that haha

that's a tough question regarding the 'tell us why you're interested in us'
uhhhh, i've never heard of your company but i saw your ad and it says you're hiring..so uh, that's why i'm here :nut:

snoop101
10-28-2008, 12:40 PM

I had a sales manager once who trained us by putting a stapler in front of us and said.. "sell me this stapler".
Seriously it shows how you can handle yourself and if you have good common sense.

I find a lot of these questions are what new managers use from a text book.

Some of my best interviews were with managers that asked the most unusual questions just to see how you handle yourself.

AndyL
11-02-2008, 04:50 PM

LMAO, I love this question... I've gotten it in a few interviews over the years - think it came out of "hiring for dummies"

My last answer to it was along the lines of:

"Let me get this straight, you just gave me your only pen; in the middle of an interview with your new star employee - where you need to take notes... I would be offended, and put off by this companies lack of professional standards if you left now to go get a pen... So here's what I'm going to do, Suddenly I have three pens in my possession - I come prepared. I'll cut you a deal; 20 bucks and you can have it back, 40$ and you can have my fineliner that I use as a spare; 100$ for my cross which leaves a much better impression than this cheap ass bic."
<wouldn't recommend this sitting in an office, but in a boardroom with no drawers / pen cups in site... it was good for a laugh anyway>

pinoyhero
11-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by bspot
1. Anal?

2. Please?

LOL, awesome