PDA

View Full Version : New Audi reliability

redbeast
10-16-2008, 02:45 PM
I did a search and didn't find much on this. Does anyone here own an Audi (newer one, say 2005 to current)?

If so please state your year, model and and major reliability issues you have had and if the dealer covered it under warranty.

The newer Audi's are really nice but have heard horror stories through friends that have owned them.

Also how is the dealer experience? I know there are two dealers in town now, Glenmore and Royal Oak Audi.

Thanks for any info offered!

Tik-Tok
10-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by redbeast
I did a search and didn't find much on this. Does anyone here own an Audi (newer one, say 2005 to current)?

If so please state your year, model and and major reliability issues you have had and if the dealer covered it under warranty.

The newer Audi's are really nice but have heard horror stories through friends that have owned them.

Also how is the dealer experience? I know there are two dealers in town now, Glenmore and Royal Oak Audi.

Thanks for any info offered!

I've got a 2003, owned it for almost 2 years and haven't had any major issues (except the two front air suspension bags, which I was expecting to change before I got the car).

Both dealerships in town are owned by the same person, Royal Oak is nicer to deal with though, as they just opened recently, and are still establishing themselves.

Boosted Gtir
10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
you should change your criteria to 2006 and up cause big difference between 2005 and 2006. Any 2006 and up would be fine cause your still under warranty. Any luxury car becomes expensive to fix once your warranty goes up.

R-Audi
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Maybe be more specific with model/engine?

Also try an Audi forum... way more advice...

syeve
10-16-2008, 03:06 PM
I have a 2004 audi and have had it for just over a year. Zero issues. One oil change, only money besides gas, tires and $$$ wax since purchased.

bspot
10-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I have the same car as Syeve, 2004 S4 (4.2L V8). Here's my experiences so far:

Within a month, blew a coil pack. Called the dealer (Glenmore), they couldn't get me in for 5 days. Told me there was no loaner cars available. They expected me to be stranded for 5 days... I took my other car I was selling downtown to pick up a VAG-COM cable from a friend, read what cylinder it was, drove down to Glenmore (From the far NW) bought the part ($60 part was better than being carless for 5 days) drove all the way home, it was the wrong part, drove all the way back, drove home, changed it. I was pissed off. GM would always give you a rental until they could see your car. It is a 10 minute fix. Brutal.

Took it in another time for service to Glenmore, they mentioned they changed my wiper for me. I thought that was great service. Until we got torential rain and I noticed when it finally dried out again that the wiper had been scratching the crap out of my windshield. I took it back to them and the proceeded to tell me that it was unfair of me to assume that they (who changed my wiper) bent the arm, and that they were assuming I bent the arm. I never touched it and that would be some wierd vandalism... Argued with them for a long time, finally got a new windsheild.

By this time Royal Oak had opened, and I went there for a squeak I was having. The bushings and brackets for my front sway were destroyed. Someone had done something pretty messed up to it before I had bought the car. Since I bought it from a dealer, they actually stepped up and fixed it for me. Very impressed. Always had great service at Royal Oak.

Anyways, no more problems since then at all.

redbeast
10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Sorry I should be more specific, reason I gave those years was because yes some are coming up on their warranty and the 2006 are obviously still covered under warranty. Warranty doesn't mean much as some dealerships are a hassle to deal with even if it was a manfacturers defect.

Models:

A4
S4
RS4

I've just heard so many stories from people that i just wanted to see if anyone here on Beyond has had luck with Audi's. They are great cars but if the dealer cannot stand behind the product then its pointless. Every car has their fair share of problems but certain dealers back their product even if its crappy.

Thanks to all who posted.

heavyD
10-16-2008, 03:52 PM
My brother has a 2007 A3 Quattro and no issues to report. He did have some issues with his 1999 A4 Quattro but it wasn't until the odometer got over 100 000 kms.

redbeast
10-16-2008, 05:45 PM
The usual problems that I've found out from Audi are electrical problems.

JRSC00LUDE
10-16-2008, 05:49 PM
My friend bought an 08 S4 this summer, no problems so far. Can't comment for our Audi dealer experience as it JUST opened up. Same guy that owns most other dealerships in town though...

AE92_TreunoSC
10-16-2008, 05:51 PM
2007 +'s are solid, especially the 2 liter turbo.

I still wouldnt compare them to a japanese manufacturer, but they are leap and bounds better then the old days.

R-Audi
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
You do realize that you are asking people to comare cars from 30k to 90k? Although the frame is the same... they are completely different beasts.. with 4 engines in that line up.

nbaker00
10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Audi's in my opinion are one of the best cars on the road for the money.. I love them.. We sell between 10-15 Audi's a month (low on stock at the moment) and they never last long.
People love the way they drive, and are generally very reliable/no or very few warranty claims.

I myself plan on getting an 06+ S4 (avant haha)... but hey, if I sell enough, maybe I can afford to get into the RS4:poosie: