PDA

View Full Version : WTB: (Again) Any compact mac

kvanderlaag
10-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi. You may remember me from such posts as "WTB: Mac Classic" where I ended up picking up both a Plus and an SE/30. Well, let me tell you how wonderful they are...

Actually, maybe not. I'll save that for another time. However, I now have another request:

I need another one. Why, you might ask, do I need another one, when I have a totally tricked out SE/30 and a 4MB Plus that work fantastically? The long and short of it is, I want to take a Plus or an SE or something and gut it, drop an 8.4" LCD in it, and stuff a MicroITX system into it so I can run Linux and Basilisk.

That said, I would appreciate it if the compact Mac in question didn't work -- you know, I don't want to be hacking up a perfectly good working system for this project. I know this might be a long shot, since I'm willing to bet that people (except Rob, who I got the first two compacts from) don't hold on to their useless old shit that doesn't work, but I would prefer one that doesn't boot.

I would also be willing to trade a working 4MB Mac Plus for one, but in that case I'd really prefer an old SE or something since I like the case style better. That's just me being picky.

So, Beyond - let's see what you guys have, again. You did me proud the first time, and I really appreciate it. Got anything more for me?

(I'm also interested in any old Mac upgrade parts you might have lying around - RAM, processors... I could really use an AAUI to RJ45 adapter, but this is all an even longer shot.)