PDA

View Full Version : Places to stay in Seattle

dezmarez
10-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Ok I swear I searched this and nothing useful came up. But I'm going down to Seattle with a couple buddies to watch a Seahawks game and we are looking for a decent place to stay that is close to Qwest feild but also close to downtown or wherever there is somewhere to go out at night. Any suggestions?

flipstah
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.seattle-downtown.com/qwest-field/

http://www.qwestfield.com/venue/hotelbooking.aspx

:D

dezmarez
10-16-2008, 07:22 PM
haha im looking for anyones personal experiences as well

schocker
10-16-2008, 07:44 PM
you had better find one with a nice bed, you dont want to be sleepless http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9021/hsugh7770974by4.gif

flipstah
10-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by dezmarez

Haha oh, well we didn't stay in downtown Seattle but we stayed in places around it and just drove there whenever we wanted to. Usually the Holiday Inn Express are good bang for the buck, especially in Marysville.

Sorry I couldn't actually help you out.

civicguy2002
10-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Seattle Lake Union, when I went to a Mariners game last year. It was really nice, 10 minute walk to the Space Needle and like a 15 minute cab ride to Safeco Field & Qwest Field.

http://www.courtyardlakeunion.com/

They were great, I booked through Expedia, and Expedia had screwed up and took my money but never reserved the room with the hotel, Seattle was packed that weekend cause of some big convention, every room was sold out, but the wonderful people at Marriott were able to pull a room out for me. So I would deffinetly recomend them!!

malcolmk14
10-16-2008, 10:05 PM
silver cloud inn stadium is awesome, we got it for very cheap, 140 a night for opening day of the MLB season. it's right across the street from Safeco, and attached to the Qwest parking garage I believe.

blinkme_210
10-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Nexus Hotel on Northgate Way. Free breakfast, newly renovated hotel, short 5 min drive on I5 into Downtown Seattle, or onto bridge to Redmond, etc.

momofan
10-17-2008, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by malcolmk14
silver cloud inn stadium is awesome, we got it for very cheap, 140 a night for opening day of the MLB season. it's right across the street from Safeco, and attached to the Qwest parking garage I believe.

I will second this one. I stayed here for a game and it was decent, close to everything downtown. You will want to do little driving in Seattle is what I found.

SigmaRacing
10-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Last time I was there, we stayed at the University Inn just off the campus. Nothing fancy but its clean and reasonably priced.

googe
10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Haha ok from someone that lived downtown Seattle...

Originally posted by civicguy2002
I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Seattle Lake Union, when I went to a Mariners game last year. It was really nice, 10 minute walk to the Space Needle and like a 15 minute cab ride to Safeco Field & Qwest Field.

http://www.courtyardlakeunion.com/

They were great, I booked through Expedia, and Expedia had screwed up and took my money but never reserved the room with the hotel, Seattle was packed that weekend cause of some big convention, every room was sold out, but the wonderful people at Marriott were able to pull a room out for me. So I would deffinetly recomend them!!

This place isn't very convenient to walk to downtown, and walk to safeco/qwest is out of the question, but it's a short drive/cab ride. The view of the lake is pretty nice (also it's right by a Joeys - they expanded into Seattle :rofl: ). You could stay there if you are cool with cabbing to downtown, because there's not much to do in that area.

Originally posted by malcolmk14

This is the best location if your only purpose is to go to safeco/qwest, but inconvenient if you want to walk around and find stuff to do. It's over by the docks, no attractions over there.

Originally posted by blinkme_210
Nexus Hotel on Northgate Way. Free breakfast, newly renovated hotel, short 5 min drive on I5 into Downtown Seattle, or onto bridge to Redmond, etc.

Don't stay here, Northgate is waaay out of downtown. Drive is definitely longer than 5 mins...at least 15 if you get lucky with traffic.

Originally posted by SigmaRacing
Last time I was there, we stayed at the University Inn just off the campus. Nothing fancy but its clean and reasonably priced.

This is also far from downtown, U district is by northgate.

Best place to stay IMO, is the Westin downtown. Not the cheapest though. Really nice hotel, right in the heart of downtown. Lots of good drinking/eating around there, and you've got pacific place and westlake center, and pike place market. But, not walking distance to qwest...probably a $5 - $10 cab ride. Plus it's right on the monorail. If you don't wanna spend that much, get something as close to there as possible. Look around here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=downtown+seattle+hotel&fb=1&ll=47.61357,-122.33713&spn=0.011861,0.017037&t=h&z=16

nonlinear
10-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by dezmarez

my brother lives in seattle, so i've been several times

just don't make the mistake i did. we were watching some minor league hockey game against kelowna, and me and my other brother went out for a smoke between periods. we had been drinking jager, and one thing lead to another and we had ditched my other brother and friend in the game and were soon drinking beer on top of an apartment building that was under construction. needless to say the cops got called and i got arrested and spent the night in jail. it was my only time being thrown in jail, but luckily they dropped the charges

king's county cops suck (google it). anyhow, moral of the story is, be a good boy or you'll be getting 3 hots and a cot for the night

adidas
10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
There is a few great places in Downtown Seattle where most of the attractions are but be prepared to pay! id consider takin a cab to the stadium as i doubt ull be anywhere within walking distance of it!

AVOID TRAVELODGE on Northgate(approx 15 min from dt) It is by far the worst service ive ever had at any hotel and ive been to a lot of hotels!! Avoid at all costs!

redevil
10-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by blinkme_210

I just stayed here, great place to stay. Close to the hwy and easy enough to get everywhere. They even have a free shuttle to certain places (FREE!) and they pick you up there as well. Breakfast was a good selection with a hot food option at no extra cost. The price for the rooms are cheap, just check it out on their website. You can do the early 7 or 30 advanced booking so it comes out cheaper. We did the booking less then 7 days and it still worked. Make sure you check them out.

Traffic is traffic it wasn't so bad when we were there this week.

pyroza
10-17-2008, 10:50 PM
There's so many buses in Seattle that you won't need a cab or car to get around

sputnik
10-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Stay in Bellevue

Close to shopping, restaurants and some bars and a 10 minute cab to downtown Seattle.

I stayed at the Silver Cloud out there. Nice hotel and reasonably priced too.

dezmarez
10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
ok so we are staying at the warwick, hopefully it turns out good!!

malcolmk14
10-23-2008, 01:59 PM
When are you going? I'll be there next Sunday for the Seahawks/Eagles game.

dezmarez
10-23-2008, 03:00 PM
ya dude ill be down there same time
flying down hallows even coming home on the monday
were planning on doing a tour of qwest field during the day on saturday