PDA

View Full Version : DION TO RESIGN! It's about time!!!

broken_legs
10-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion is expected to announce on Monday that he will resign as party leader, after a growing chorus of MPs have been calling for him to step aside, including two party veterans and a newly elected member.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/10/17/volpe-dion.html?ref=rsshttp://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/10/17/volpe-dion.html?ref=rss

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2008/10/12/dion-wide-hand-cp-5672697.jpg

"BYE BYE!"

Supa Dexta
10-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Frank mckenna rumored to be a possible replacement.

Jlude
10-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Frank mckenna rumored to be a possible replacement.

No way... I met Frank a long time ago, when he was premier of NB.

Leaving Dion as Party Leader would be like allowing Bush to serve another term in the whitehouse. :rofl:

rmk
10-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Rae or Ignatieff will be in. The days of Prime Ministers from Quebec are over. The Conservatives are in trouble...

Dion was an embarassment.... That fucking accent. :banghead:

Xtrema
10-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by rmk
Rae or Ignatieff will be in. The days of Prime Ministers from Quebec are over. The Conservatives are in trouble...

Can I join the Liberal party and run for leader? May be Rae and Ignatieff ties again and I get a turn! :D

finboy
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
smart move for the liberals, they should have a solid 3 years to reinvent their party. the conservatives would be smart to pick someone to replace harper (mckay was mentioned in another thread). after this last election, both parties need to regroup and bring out a stronger leader, and with the liberals getting a head start, they might be able to some damage control in ontario and quebec, and get back some of the votes they lost in '06/'08

Penis McNickels
10-17-2008, 08:05 PM
I like Ignatieff because he's so smug.

Weapon_R
10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Ignatief was the right person for the job, and would have actually turned the party around.

01RedDX
10-17-2008, 08:18 PM

black13
10-17-2008, 08:26 PM
About time.

BigMass
10-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4691/michaelignatieffasthejouw4.jpg

if he actually looked like that i'd vote for him

Nitzer5
10-18-2008, 11:10 AM
If this would have happened earlier, pehaps the liberals would have had a better chance at taking the majority. I voted for liberals because of ideology, but even I know Dion is not equipped to lead a nation.

Supa Dexta
10-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Good job^

kertejud2
10-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Well I guess the CPC ride was good while it lasted. Sadly we'll see that the main reason voter turnout was so low is because so many apathetic Liberals decided to stay home.

finboy
10-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Ignatieff seems pretty close to center on a few subjects, i would imagine if they choose him, and the conservatives go with mckay, it would be a close race.

Eleanor
10-18-2008, 10:42 PM
:clap:

Gainsbarre
10-20-2008, 08:19 AM
The real shame here is that I believe that history will prove that Dion was right. I applaud him for his courage to make sound environmental economic policy at the forefront of a major political party’s platform – certainly a radical change from the typical myopic policies that politicians are all too famous for (as they're so easy to sell). Unfortunately, rather than being a career politician or lawyer (i.e. one of the jobs where one becomes an expert at swindling people) Dion was of an academic background with some brilliant ideas that most of the populace has yet to catch on to. I certainly hope that if he does step down as leader, there will be a prominent future place for him in when it comes to policy making in the Liberal party.

Eleanor
10-20-2008, 10:39 AM
^ I disagree, Dion's academic background just makes him oblivious to how things actually work. He's an idealist. Yes what he proposes is all fine & dandy, but when it actually comes to implementing those policies, you'll see major issues.

I'm all for the "green" movement, but people are either taking it way too far too soon, or implementing rediculous policies that won't actually solve the major issues.

TKRIS
10-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Dion is getting scapegoated for failed Liberal policies.

This is unfortunate not because I give a shit about Dion, but because this will allow the Liberals to continue being complacent, use a new leader to give the illusion of change, and neglect making any substantial reforms to their policies and platforms that would better serve and represent this country.

Personally, I think both Canadians and the Liberal party would be much better served if they were to address the actual problem, instead of repackaging with a shinier label.

Casa
10-20-2008, 11:17 AM
haha Dion was a failure since day 1. His idealist policies just doesn't have any backbone or support that I feel Harper has.

Supa Dexta
10-20-2008, 12:13 PM
He's staying! Until a leader convention. :nut:

CUG
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I think the Liberal party should just resign altogether, then liberal voters, then NDP, then... new world order.

sputnik
10-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
He's staying! Until a leader convention. :nut:

He officially quit.

However he is just staying on a leader until the end of the leadership convention in May.

Just saves the Liberal party the trouble and expense of having to go through a leadership review and appoint someone in the interim to take over.