PDA

View Full Version : MRC Senior Option

heinz256
10-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Hey guys,

So im in the commerce transfer program and need help in picking an easy senior option that will transfer to the UofC.
I've already picked PHED3331 for next semester so thats out.

I've narrowed it down to

1.History 3365 - World War I

2. Speech 2001 - Intro to public speaking

3. Humanities 2219 - Ancient Greece (formerly HUMN 3309)

I'm kinda leaning towards HUMN2219 but in the alberta transfer guide, it says "Not acceptable as pre-requisite for Senior-level courses. " It shows up on there though? Anyone taken these courses and thought they were easy? Thanks in advance.

Prelude_dude
10-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Is that intro to coaching?? PHED3331, so is it only 3000 level courses that are senior level?

dezmarez
10-18-2008, 10:29 AM
i have everything done except for the stupid option courses. i have to take 5 to graduate, such bullshit and a waste of money.
haven't taken any yet, i want to take coaching, WW2 and maybe speach.

I heard business ethics was easy and doesn't require a pre-req to get into...i have a list of classes where no pre-req is required and they are senior level. i'll post them up when i can find them!!

and i heard speech is really good and an easy B or higher

cressida_pimpin
10-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Are you serious?

"Speech 2001 - Intro to public speaking" would be ten times easier than your other choices. I took this class and there is hardly any information to memorize. This class would be your best bet, however, this is assuming that you are comfortable with public speaking.

Nitzer5
10-18-2008, 11:53 AM
DO NOT GO INTO Business Ethics. I'm in it right now thought it would be easy, STAY AWAY. A lot of bullshit, prof is impossible to win an arguement against and too much work for such a seemingly easy class. Had to write a 4 page essay single spaced on the difference of doing an observation and making an observation. I'm in the same boat as you need to take a few more senior options for my transfer, definitely taking PHED 3331, and SOCI - mass communications, but i will check out public speaking sounds too easy. Is it considered a senior option though? It's showing up as a 3 level option on the transfer site but I want to be sure because I'm registring tonight and if it's easy I would MUCH rather take that than SOCI.

Prelude_dude
10-18-2008, 03:30 PM
what is SOCI - mass communications about?? i need one more senior elective, hey nitzer are u in Sinc Macrae class at 2:00?? cause it sure sounds like him lol

I heard PHED 3331 is alot of just mindless memorizing, such a stupid waste of money course, so im kinda want to take something else

Nitzer5
10-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Haha no i'm with Sinc in the 9:30 class. You will NEVER win an arguement with him. He is too good a debater for his own good and comes up with the wackiest arguements, I think it's the fumes from his days as an exterminator.
Also, it's jsut about communication in society, how media influences our lives all that fun stuff.

riced
10-18-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm in Ancient Greece right now, with Tom Brown right?

It's not bad.. his style of teaching is quite different if you haven't had him before. He teaches with quotes and very vague notes.
You really gotta pay attention, but overall it's a pretty interesting and easy class.

Attend the class, take notes = do good

the only thing that's hard is his papers. Most of his papers (for the classes I've had with him) require you to take a perspective, most often a feminist perspective and write the paper. He's a hard marker on the paper..

heinz256
10-18-2008, 04:14 PM
In speech, does the prof make u stand up in front of the class and start talking? How were the marks distributed?Any essays? I'm thinking of taking this instead but I'm not very confident with speaking in front of people. I'm pretty sure it transfers because in the degree navigator, you are required to take either this course or an option.

Heres what my schedule looks like so far for next semester:

Acct 3224
Engl 2263
Phed 3331
Mgmt 2263
Option

Nitzer5
10-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by heinz256
In speech, does the prof make u stand up in front of the class and start talking? How were the marks distributed?Any essays? I'm thinking of taking this instead but I'm not very confident with speaking in front of people. I'm pretty sure it transfers because in the degree navigator, you are required to take either this course or an option.

Heres what my schedule looks like so far for next semester:

Acct 3224
Engl 2263
Phed 3331
Mgmt 2263
Option

From ACAT it does look like it transfers as a senior level option. I'm actually really thinking of taking it instead of Soci, looks easier.
My scheduel is kind of like yours,

Engl 2263
Phed 3331
Mgmt 2263
MGMT 3230
and either SPCH 2001 or SOCI 2245

My only worry is that SPCH used to be 1110 before they messed up all the course numbers which makes it look like a junior option, but if ACAT says it transfers as a 341 education class then... I don't know worth the risk.

EDIT: Decided to go with the sure thing and take Soci, so should be good. No school on fridays!!!

three.eighteen.
10-19-2008, 03:40 AM
haha i took ancient greece and business ethics there...business ethics is ok, hard to get an A in though and the prof is kind of a tool, greece is weird cus all brown really wants to show you is how the greeks were perverts and will eventually show you pictures of dongs on the overhead

riced
10-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
haha i took ancient greece and business ethics there...business ethics is ok, hard to get an A in though and the prof is kind of a tool, greece is weird cus all brown really wants to show you is how the greeks were perverts and will eventually show you pictures of dongs on the overhead

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
how true

Isaiah
10-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Find out who the prof is for HIST if it's posted. If it's Scott Murray, he's a great prof with loads of experience who really knows his material. On the downside, you'll have essays coming out your anus and he's very strict with his marking.

On a separate note, what the goddamn is wrong with MRC? They used to post most profs names during registration. Now they're practically all TBA.

heinz256
10-19-2008, 04:24 PM
The WWI course is with Mark Humphries. Anyone ever taken any of his courses?