PDA

View Full Version : Owned by Calgary BMW Scumbags

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

rage2
10-18-2008, 11:13 AM
As most of you know, my HPF Turbo M3 has been in the shop getting some repairs done after an unfortunate accident a few months back:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/230251/asian-bitches-cant-fucking-drive/

So it's been well taken care of at Contemporary Coachworks, and I had a few extra things done to the car. I paid quite a bit extra to repaint the entire car so it would be good as new... I wanted the car to be perfect when I get it back. The car has been painted and needed some work done by the dealer. Specifically, the fog light harness had to be replaced.

I was worried since I haven't 3M'd the car yet that driving the car to Calgary BMW would chip my paint, so Contemporary flatbedded the car over to Calgary BMW. The car hasn't gotten an alignment yet, so they weren't planning on driving it there anyways.

So the car's been sitting at Calgary BMW for a bit now waiting for the harness to get installed, and they can't get to it until the 27th. No big deal right?

To my surprise, a fellow beyonder called me up and told me that he saw my car, with no front bumper, ripping around the BMW dealership Friday Oct 17 at around 4pm. These guys don't have the time to install a fog light harness, yet they can find the time to take my car out for a joyride. At least they took the front bumper off. Actually, I'm not quite sure if the car was sent to BMW with or without the bumper.

Like I said, there's completely fresh paint on the car, and no 3M at all, ripping around an area that's known for lots of crap on the ground. What the fuck was the point to flatbed the car there? So they can rip around with fresh paint???

Not only that, I wouldn't be surprised if these guys beat the fuck outta the car while the engine is cold. I never ever boost the car until it's in proper water and oil temps. I'm fairly certain these guys didn't care. The car makes enough power to destroy CV joints on hard 1-2 shifts (I know, I've had to replace a set a week after the kit was installed). Since then, I haven't shifted hard in 1-2. God knows if these idiots did that too. I was told the alignment is quite a bit off right now, driving hard has got to be great for my tires.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with BMW dealerships in Calgary? I knew buying a BMW that I would eventually have to deal with something retarded like this, with our local BMW dealerships well documented complaint history. I don't take my car to the dealer unless it's something only the dealer can do for a reason, and unfortunately, the one time it's there beyond my control, they decide to fuck me over.

Fucking so pissed off right now. :banghead:

They'll be hearing from me on Monday. I just hope there's no damage, but that's wishful thinking.

Update #1: 10/22/08

Originally posted by rage2
Kevin the service manager just gave me a call, he just came back from Vancouver and he's not happy about the situation. I'll be meeting up with him this week and he ensures that whomever took the car out for a joyride will be dealt with severely.

So far so good. Will keep everyone posted.

Update #2: 10/24/08

Another update.

Met up with Kevin Mah, service manager of Calgary BMW. He was very helpful, explained to me that there was a tech working on the car on Friday. Showed the time that he logged against the car. The tech had said that he had to pull out of the lot because there was a truck in the way blocking one of the entrances or something. I'm not sure of the details, or which exits Calgary BMW has for moving cars around.

I logged into my car's datalogger and was able to get a dump of the data from Oct 17th. It logs GPS data as well, so I now know exactly how fast it was driven, and where the car went. I mapped it against google maps and sent it to Kevin.

The tech claimed he knew me and my brother. I have no idea who he is. I asked my brother, he knows of him, went to school with him. So the guy knew the car was mine.

Kevin mentioned that the car wasn't idling right which concerned me. The car ran perfectly the day it was dropped off to Contemporary. I fired up the car this morning and it did stall the first time. The second time, everything was fine, idled perfectly like before. It's probably because it's really cold and the car hasn't been driven much, so I don't think it's a problem. The car sounded fine. I'll know once I go for a drive when I get the car back.

The SMG error indicator was on as well, which means that the person driving it must've done a hard shift at redline. The stock SMG computer gets a little confused because it's not used to so much power on a shift, so it triggers that indicator, which goes away after a few drives.

Grant, the general manager called me up after I left, and wanted to meet with me. We're scheduled to meet Tuesday afternoon.

That's it for now.

Update #3: 10/30/08

Sorry for the late update, been swamped at work.

Met up with Grant on Tuesday Oct 28th, Calgary BMW General Manager. Really nice guy, kept apologizing over the situation with my car. I told him I was happy with how things have gone thus far.

He mentioned that my car got it's key scanned when it arrived. Once he was aware of the situation, he scanned the key again and it registered an additional 3km. My logs showed 2.3km, but it was aquiring GPS signal for the first few mins and must've missed a little bit of distance. Since then, the key's been locked up.

Grant mentioned that he spoke with the tech that checked in/out my car for work on the Friday where it was spotted and logged. The tech said that a truck was blocking one of the entrances so he drove out of the lot and back in right away. He has no reason not to believe the tech even though I've provided logs. He is still investigating, but they don't have cameras, nor do they have key check-in/out, so he says anyoue could've taken the car still. A little disappointed that they haven't figured out who actually took the car out.

He understands that Calgary BMW has a bad rep, and would like to change that. He's not a big internet guy, so he has no idea how to leverage an online community to help them fix their reputation. From our conversation, it sounds like he has very little visibility into the problems at the dealership. I told him to follow reading this thread as there are lots of problems that's reported here. If I see individual complaints, I will forward them his way, and let him deal with it on an individual basis. Hopefully, if the problem is fixed, the customer is satisfied, and will post a positive experience afterwards.

He then gave me a tour of the facilities. Nice place. Offered to let me test drive one of their demo M3's. Already driven one, so I turned it down. Said I was interested in the M3 DCT dual clutch transmission (I have a genuine interest in one, was dealing with C4S at BMW Gallery before he left). Grant says he'll call me if a M3 DCT demo becomes available.

Wednesday Oct 29th, the car was flatbedded back to contemporary. They went thru the car and found a small door ding. They said it can be fixed. They're going through a detail today, and will look for any other problems (car's really dirty). They also noticed that the turbo was leaking a little bit of oil. It's never done that before. The car was driven hard cold, so I'm hoping that the seals were probably cold and a bit of oil seeped through. Let's hope it's not a permanent problem.

That's it for now.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Given that it's hard to prove WHO drove it and IF they caused any damage (other than the ding) I still feel:

a) you are too calm about the situation and seem to be letting them off way too easy

b) they are doing nothing to help the situation. Oooooh a test drive?? BFD. No compensation? No offers? I'd go Lebanese on them.

Seems odd....

Sorry, I should've mentioned that Grant did offer me perks, discounts, etc. but I turned it down and said I don't even want to be offered anything. I said all I want is my car back the way it was but with the perfect paint that I paid for. They did promise that whatever problems come up on my car will be addressed by Calgary BMW.

They can't prove who drove it yet, but they do know that someone there DID drive it, and they take full responsibility.

Honestly, I will try and help them fix their problems. It's in my, and all of beyond's, best interest too that Calgary BMW / BMW Gallery offers service comparable to other high end dealerships. BMW makes some great cars, and it sucks that it's hard to own one without worrying because of the history of the 2 dealerships.

syeve
10-18-2008, 11:15 AM
tell me you are going to take action on this??!! Even if I found out some douchebag decided to joyride in my STOCK car I would be furious. Man...now I'm pissed off. :banghead:

AE92_TreunoSC
10-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Expect it from anywhere, but I can tell you right now, they won't take your complaint lightly.

I really wish every car had a "true" vallet mode.

j0nblayz
10-18-2008, 11:17 AM
have u called calgary bmw yet? i would be pissed

Stunt66
They probably never had a car like yours there before so when it came in i'm pretty sure those bastards were just itchin to take it out.

rage2
The service manager isn't in today. Tried calling already.

The_Rural_Juror
10-18-2008, 11:20 AM
Effin rusty cum buckets.

Props to the beyonder who reported this. With so many moles everywhere, beyond's starting to sound like The Fight Club.:rofl:

syeve
10-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Tell them you want his home number.

schocker
10-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Raise hell, especially since it was repainted, they have no right to rip around on a customers car.

C4S
10-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Um .. first .. for sure .. it is your car they saw??

You know beyonders .. can mix up Ferrari and Malabu ... M3 and Civic ... Mustang and Lambo ... :dunno: :dunno:

Talk to Kevin, he is very helpful, great guy .. but honestly .. I won't surprised .. lots of teenage staffs working for BMW now .. :facepalm:

The_Rural_Juror
10-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Someone should ID the driver(s).

[beyond CSI mode]

Kona9
10-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Complete BS :thumbsdow

schocker
10-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Just get all of beyond to go there today and test drive their cars.;)

BenC
10-18-2008, 11:36 AM
time to fuck shit up rage

rage2
10-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by C4S

You know beyonders .. can mix up Ferrari and Malabu ... M3 and Civic ... Mustang and Lambo ... :dunno: :dunno:

Talk to Kevin, he is very helpful, great guy .. but honestly .. I won't surprised .. lots of teenage staffs working for BMW now .. :facepalm:
100% sure. The beyonder in question works at another dealership in the area and knows his cars. Besides, there's not a lot of BMW M3 Cabs in town with a massive FMIC up front making BOV sounds. I'm fairly certain that I'm the only turbo E46 M3 in town.

JRSC00LUDE
10-18-2008, 11:38 AM
wow. :thumbsdow

VWEvo
10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Very Unfortunate

I just bought a 2008 M3 Convertible from BMW Gallery yesterday. In the original invoice it read 18 km on the odometer, when we took delivery yesterday it read 79 km's. No big deal right??

Well, I looked at the average gas consumption and it read 28 L/100 km :eek:

I phoned my salesperson (who's actually been fantastic), and he tried to reassure me that the only km's put on the car are from transportation back and forth to the offsite storage.

What a bunch of dorks that they would take brand new cars and rip them up before they're even purchased.

What pisses me off more, is the fact that BMW said the break in period is very critical for the M3.:thumbsdow

v2kai
10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by C4S

with no front bumper, rage's M is pretty distinct with that whopping big intercooler... seems like a no brainer, but maybe there are a few of these?? for some reason seems unlikely

edit:rage beat me to it

R-Audi
10-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Forget the service manager, go straight to the dealer manager Grant...Ive always had good experience with him, and he always seems to be a straight shooter. (No BS)

Freebs
10-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Wow people in this city have no respect for some one else’s property... I will ask my friend who works there if she saw anything.
Same thing happened to the vette... guys at the train station that unloaded it when it arrived from lingenfelter put on an extra 60kms and did a number to the transmission which had to be replaced.

rage2
10-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by v2kai
with no front bumper, rage's M is pretty distinct with that whopping big intercooler... seems like a no brainer, but maybe there are a few of these?? for some reason seems unlikely
There are more HPF M3's coming, but the kits haven't been installed yet.

With TC the exclusive dealer on the HPF kit, I know exactly how many there are in town.

Supa Dexta
10-18-2008, 11:46 AM
It really is to the point where you need a camera installed, with a BIG WARNING SIGN explaining that the car is being monitored, maybe then people will get a clue and stick to what the job requires them to do.

Oldskool
10-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Is your car inside or outside? if its inside can you get a vie of your car? maybe go down, take some pics to verify your car has no bumper on it. If its outside, inspect for any damage/chips, try to get a little evidence so that they can't slap on a bumper and say it wasn't you car or something:dunno:

You probably have a solid case with an eye witness just because your set up is so rare, but why take the risk of them trying to deny it and screw you over more?

v2kai
10-18-2008, 11:52 AM
if they deny it, find out when your source saw your car and check their surveillance tapes at the dealership. for sure a parking lot camera must have caught it

rage2
10-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I have no idea where Calgary BMW is storing my car. All I know is it was sent there from Contemporary, they've been giving me status updates. I haven't dealt with Calgary BMW at all until today, there was no reason for me to.

D'z Nutz
10-18-2008, 12:01 PM
For everyone who's ever been screwed with by Calgary BMW (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238337/owned-by-calgary-bmw-scumbags/) I hope you get those fuckers at Calgary BMW (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238337/owned-by-calgary-bmw-scumbags/). Calgary BMW (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/238337/owned-by-calgary-bmw-scumbags/) fucken sucks.

Jlude
10-18-2008, 12:03 PM
unreal... I'd be pissed if this happened to me, even without my car having a brand new paint job, having 30+k under the hood...
I would unleash a fucking shitstorm on to those idiots.

AE92_TreunoSC
10-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo
Very Unfortunate

I just bought a 2008 M3 Convertible from BMW Gallery yesterday. In the original invoice it read 18 km on the odometer, when we took delivery yesterday it read 79 km's. No big deal right??

I phoned my salesperson (who's actually been fantastic), and he tried to reassure me that the only km's put on the car are from transportation back and forth to the offsite storage.

What a bunch of dorks that they would take brand new cars and rip them up before they're even purchased.

What pisses me off more, is the fact that BMW said the break in period is very critical for the M3.:thumbsdow

Reset any BMW and drive it around parking lots for a couple months, you'll always get bad gas millage.

I get shit millage on my commute to work because of how short it is.

Hakkola
10-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Damn dude, I would be PISSED. I would go down to the dealership and raise absolute hell, I wouldn't just phone them.

rage2
10-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
Reset any BMW and drive it around parking lots for a couple months, you'll always get bad gas millage.
First off, I never knew M3's sit around for months on a lot. Secondly, how big of a parking lot do you need to put on 61km's?

Originally posted by Hakkola
Damn dude, I would be PISSED. I would go down to the dealership and raise absolute hell, I wouldn't just phone them.
There's no point in going today, the service manager isn't even in.

Dj_Stylz
10-18-2008, 12:12 PM
:werd: That's total bs man. I would head there right now and deal with them. Who knows maybe they are driving your car around right now.

96integra
10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Fuckk i hate calgary bmw they took 9 hours to change my brake light and fog light on my 335. Then on top of that they stole my gum and wasted 5 ticks of gas!!!

Jlude
10-18-2008, 12:20 PM
some members should go stakeout the dealership with a video camera... if they get some footage of rages car ripping around the lot, they should get a custom user title.

Pollywog
10-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by 96integra
Fuckk i hate calgary bmw they took 9 hours to change my brake light and fog light on my 335. Then on top of that they stole my gum and wasted 5 ticks of gas!!!

I have a habit of counting the number of pieces of gum I have in a pack and leave it in the cupholder before service. So far, Lonestar has taken a piece 2/3 times this year. They should be giving ME gum.

Toms-SC
10-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Did you record the millage before dropping it off there?

Pollywog
10-18-2008, 12:28 PM
I think that'll be my next habit, after hearing these types of stories. Lonestar aint no better.

4DoorGTZ
10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Somebody's a gonna get a hurtin real bad.... I'm not sayin who, but somebody's a gonna get a hurtin.....
Somebody.
-Russel Peters :)

Impreza
10-18-2008, 12:36 PM
I would be fucking LIVID. When our E93 arrived, we coudln't pick it up for a few days. I then get a call from a friend saying that they were checking out BMW's and they saw the dealer let potential buyers sit in the car WE bought and ordered. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but dont fucking touch it! If i knew they took it for a rip, i would be pissed and raise hell.

96integra
10-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
Did you record the millage before dropping it off there?

I recorded my millage and i had 16780 and when it came back it was 16810 and nothing required testing the car.

962 kid
10-18-2008, 01:21 PM
if I were you, I'd make a beyond blog post, get it on the front page

rc2002
10-18-2008, 01:30 PM
I bet those joyriding bastards are here on beyond.

Hope they get what's coming to them. :guns:

Redlyne_mr2
10-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Very Unfortunate

That's pretty normal actually, dealers/manufacturers usually use an arbitrary number for every vehicle sold and 18 must tbe theres. That mileage seems a tad high, I've seen up to 35 kms on brand new never "driven" cars just because of the size of the storage facilities on one of the shipping ports. My guess is someone took your car out on a test drive. I would have got them to lower the price or throw in an oil change, it wouldnt cost them much and at least they would have a happy client.

Rage sorry to hear about your issues, it's always nice to have a friend who works at the dealership in question especially if you have a modded car.

CMBW is right next door, I'll keep an eye out.

googe
10-18-2008, 01:57 PM
When you go down there, try and get whoever reported it to come with you. The first thing they'll probably do is dismiss it as "he said she said" and question the witness account. If witness is standing right there, he can get that argument off the table and maybe uppercut him as a reaction.

benyl
10-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

That mileage seems a tad high, I've seen up to 35 kms on brand new never "driven" cars just because of the size of the storage facilities on one of the shipping ports.

That is super high for a BMW.

Here is my car at BMW Gallery after being delivered off the truck.

That is 1/2 mile:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32095985&l=cb878&id=120605377

It had 6 kms on it when I picked it up. 5 kms to PDI the car is fine by me. Not 70+.

pf0sh0
10-18-2008, 02:13 PM
When I hop in the newly arrived cars there are usually a few kms on the car already (under 10kms) and then the mechanics take it for a drive and gas them up so usually under 20kms.

mark4091
10-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Bullshit, that's just bad business.

Rip these guy's a new one.

dimi
10-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I bet those joyriding bastards are here on beyond.

Hope they get what's coming to them. :guns:

Well if you do a few searches you will find some of them on here that work at Calgary BMW, bragging about how they rip the shit out of customers' cars.

extm88
10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
personally, i would call. Dont call, go in. Over the phone isnt even half as personal as face to face. Its easier for someone to try and bullshit over the phone as you cant see there reactions.

pinoyhero
10-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Maybe talk to a lawyer, that has to be illegal.

schocker
10-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by extm88
personally, i would call. Dont call, go in. Over the phone isnt even half as personal as face to face. Its easier for someone to try and bullshit over the phone as you cant see there reactions.
lol what:confused:

extm88
10-18-2008, 02:44 PM
haha wow, my bad^^^
Even though im sure you knew what i meant it should read i wouldnt call. Go into Calgary BMW

dj_honda
10-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Very Unfortunate

holy fuck dude.....i would ask for another one or a hefty discount or something. that is ridiculous amount of mileage for a brand new, premium car.

max_boost
10-18-2008, 04:10 PM
It shouldn't be hard to figure out who was joy riding the car. Whether they will be outed and get fired or suffer any consequences I don't know but dealers always find a way to brush these things off as a way to say 'fuck you' to the customer.

Too bad the Beyond member who notified you didn't follow these bitches, catch them in their act! I've probably seen 90% of the BMW staff come through the restaurant on a regular basis and would be able to point them out for sure.

Shitty deal anyhow. Definitely keep us updated and use the power of Beyond to spread the word!!!

nbaker00
10-18-2008, 04:24 PM
Hate to ad to this, but I also saw your M3 pass me in Deerfoot Meadows.
Didn't see wether or not it had a bumper as it went blowing by me as a light changed..
But it was being driven erratically. (Just assumed it was you haha)

Pm me if you need details rage.

kerry
10-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Fuck that's gay.... sooooo gay. Beyond meet at Calgary BMW? :devil:

badatusrnames
10-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00
Hate to ad to this, but I also saw your M3 pass me in Deerfoot Meadows.
Didn't see wether or not it had a bumper as it went blowing by me as a light changed..
But it was being driven erratically. (Just assumed it was you haha)

Pm me if you need details rage.

The plot thickens...

Did you have a mileage reading before it went in Rage??

I had a friend that worked at a Blaskin and Lane. He said that any half nice car that came in was guaranteed to get taken for a rip. He suggested that every time you take your car in anywhere for service to note the mileage and make certain that the techs know that you have done so.

962 kid
10-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

The plot thickens...

Did you have a mileage reading before it went in Rage??

Contemporary should have a mileage taken for his car...

Jason Lange
10-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Wow I would be so pissed. I would go there right now and find out the managers home # and have him come down and meet you in person. That is bullshit.:thumbsdow

nbaker00
10-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Why not just call Mr. Dilawri himself?

Redlyne_mr2
10-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00
Why not just call Mr. Dilawri himself?
He won't care.

schocker
10-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Time for a scangauge, or some other kind of monitoring device. :thumbsdow

vengie
10-18-2008, 06:19 PM
same thing just recently happened to me... my car was being repaired by a1 autobody, car was sent to shadow tint without a hood (why? could'nt tell you) to get 3m'd on the front end.
i get a call from a friend that my car is sitting outside shadow tint without a hood... and it was pouring. well jumped in my ghetto rental and sure enough my car was just being moved inside. air filter was soaked! and car was running, needless to say i was livid... common sense dosen't come easy anymore it seems...

psi_klops
10-18-2008, 06:26 PM
That is so f#%king retarded!!
They have to be accountable for such stupidity...don't they?
Stick them with a bill for a new paint job, tune, and mechanical!!!

5fivespeed
10-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Please update us on what the story takes. Thanks

2ndgenlude
10-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by psi_klops
That is so f#%king retarded!!
They have to be accountable for such stupidity...don't they?
Stick them with a bill for a new paint job, tune, and mechanical!!!

x2

T-rus
10-18-2008, 07:55 PM
As for mileage on brand new cars, we are required to drive a minimum of 25k on our PDI's. If we don't they dock us 1/2hour of pay and get written up.

blinkme_210
10-18-2008, 08:02 PM

Raise some hell man. No way would fuel consumption ever average 28L/100 km unless people have been driving WOT for extended periods of time. My guess, the people moving the car from the offsite storage were the ones driving it hard.

soloracer
10-18-2008, 09:09 PM
That sucks Rage. Having some modified cars myself I've always been worried about dropping them off anywhere that others could take them for a joy ride. Now I take a digital photo of the mileage when my car is parked in front of the dealership/shop. I then show them the photo and make sure the paperwork they put together matches the mileage on the car. I also tell them there is no reason for the car to have more than a 1 km more on it when I come to pick it up.

sneek
10-18-2008, 09:32 PM
that really sucks!!!! Hahaha it is time for a beyond steakout

Trini
10-18-2008, 09:33 PM
real fuckery

raise hell man

schocker
10-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by sneek
that really sucks!!!! Hahaha it is time for a beyond steakout
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6474/steakout7227283rf9.gif
I dont think anyone is hungry after reading this.
I cant wait to see what they have to say about this though, when you do get ahold of them and raise hell.

sneek
10-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by schocker

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6474/steakout7227283rf9.gif
I dont think anyone is hungry after reading this.
I cant wait to see what they have to say about this though, when you do get ahold of them and raise hell.

Huge fail on my part haja I am typing this on am iPod and Idefs didn't read befoe clicking submit

Stake>steak

Canmorite
10-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Brutal...

Subscribed!

TomcoPDR
10-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
It shouldn't be hard to figure out who was joy riding the car. Whether they will be outed and get fired or suffer any consequences I don't know but dealers always find a way to brush these things off as a way to say 'fuck you' to the customer.

Too bad the Beyond member who notified you didn't follow these bitches, catch them in their act! I've probably seen 90% of the BMW staff come through the restaurant on a regular basis and would be able to point them out for sure.

Shitty deal anyhow. Definitely keep us updated and use the power of Beyond to spread the word!!!

If you guys do find out who it is, don't let him know (that you know)... and the next time he comes into the restaurant give him a fortune cookie: "confucius say normal man go to bathroom once a day, today you go to bathroom many many times, don't fuck with Beyond bytch"

bbrannan
10-19-2008, 01:29 AM
My Buddy is neighbors with a sales guy at the dealership who has heard about "the incident"..but he figures nothing will happen to any of the staff unless this issue becomes a public spectacle which creates a loss of business significant enough to worry about..

that being said..i give 1 vote for creating another world famous Beyond post...like that of "the claw"

Jlude
10-19-2008, 01:36 AM
wow...this thread is going to turn into something huge...

Calgary BMW vs Beyond.ca - Round 1 - Ding, Ding, Ding.

sxtothe240
10-19-2008, 02:30 AM
if any damage was done to ANYTHING on the car, DEMAND that those parts be replaced.

I got pissed from reading this shit.

dimi
10-19-2008, 09:39 AM
There is some good info in this thread. Like previously mentioned I also take pictures of the mileage to the tenth. The problem is you don't have to move the car around to do significant damage to the engine. I have an S2K and it limits the revs to 6000 when the engine is cold but that wouldn't stop them from trying. I don't think the M3 has that cold limiter and with 700 hp it could be disastrous if they start revving it just to see what it sounds like. Good Luck man, I would be shitting a large brick.

benyl
10-19-2008, 09:42 AM
the M3 has a cold limiter that is progressive as the engine warms. It starts at about 5K and moves up the longer the engine is running.

I don't know if this is still functional with the HPF kit though.

dimi
10-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by benyl
the M3 has a cold limiter that is progressive as the engine warms. It starts at about 5K and moves up the longer the engine is running.

I don't know if this is still functional with the HPF kit though.

Ok I always figured it was just those progressive lights that light up to warn the driver not to go over 5k when cold.

googe
10-19-2008, 09:55 AM
Tried contacting the media yet? Tony Tighe might get some strings pulled.

I'm not even sure what kind of compensation one could seek over this. No easy way to quantify the damage done, and it's mostly the principle of the matter.

I'd press hard to get the guy fired though. That's a serious willful abuse of customer property.

FLARE
10-19-2008, 10:19 AM
If I were you, I would be reporting this directly to the dealership manager and the dealership owner, I would be contacting media and definitely a lawyer. I would let them know that I (you) have money, and are willing to spend a lot of time fighting them.

Bring some articles from newspapers that beyond has made it into; just so they know not to fuck around (example, the new york times article).

God damn, even I am pissed about this, and its not even my car... but I can dream right? :drool:

Kloubek
10-19-2008, 10:39 AM
I have a friend who writes a lot of the major articles for the Sun. Let me know if you would like me to inquire.

max_boost
10-19-2008, 11:09 AM
^^^

Definitely need to get the media involved somehow if things don't get settled. Plus rage2 has been on the news a couple times, time to call in those connections.

Just remembered, a few Beyonders work at Calgary BMW.

maxboost_r works as a tech
shay is a detailer

Plus EK 2.0 and cocoabrava have some friends who work in sales so just a matter of time before this cocksucker gets outed!

2002civic
10-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I have heard a lot of their people bag on the cars when in for service, another reason I am considering getting into something other than a BMW for my next car

ninefourfour
10-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Too bad to hear Rage!

I have always been paranoid about this as well. I hate leaving my FD with anyone. But now that I have an Apexi PFC I can lower my cut off and limit them to 1500RPM. It still runs but they cant do anything with it!

Raise some hell!!!

tabouli
10-19-2008, 11:30 AM
+1 for Contemporary Coachworks.
Easily the highest quality body & paint facility in the city.

-1 for any fucking loser associated with Calgary BMW.
Only the lowest grade intellectual is capable of being employed at this shit-pit. My first hand experiences are enough to motivate me into setting the place on fire. The things I hear second hand make me want to do it while everyone is inside.

Bimmer88
10-19-2008, 11:50 AM
-1 for Calgary BMW

My whole family's been fucked by them...!!!

We have 4 BMW's and all 4 BMW's either had something go wrong within the first 4 months of buying it, and not only that but the service sucks shit! And they scam you on every part and install!

5hift
10-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^^

shay is a detailer

Fuck what do they pay that you can drop 65K on a bmw 135 on a detailers salary? I should just drop out of school and start working there.

Back to the thread, what Calgary BMW does, a lot of dealerships do to their customers cars. That said, they got caught doing it to someone with too much media access. I wouldnt even care if whoever bagged on the car was fired or not, the problem is due to the dealership's lack of care. I'd rather have a huge story on the front page of at least Beyond of what actually happens to a Calgarian's car when they leave it at the dealership using this BMW incident as an example. Maybe it'll get picked up by a local news channel on a slow night?

The worst part about all of this, some of the problems due to bagging the m3 may not come up until later and you can bet Calgary BMW will try to pass the blame onto Rage.

euro_racer
10-19-2008, 12:34 PM
take your s2000 to a honda dealer, take your 350z or skyline to a nissan dealer, take your infiniti g35 to the infiniti dealer, gti to vw dealer etc.... this happens at every dealership. if you even have aftermarket wheels, the (usually) teenage worker will be tempted to take your car for a joy ride around the block after the service is performed and the car is to be washed, it is very common and is to be expected. IMO as bad as this situation may be calgary bmw should not be the only dealer taking the blame and heat for this, the tool workers should.

the thing that bothers me the most with what happened is that the person who went for a joy ride did so with the car not being 100% road-worthy (wheel alignment, front end apart etc.) meaning this was a wreckless act :thumbsdow

Redlyne_mr2
10-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by euro_racer
take your s2000 to a honda dealer, take your 350z or skyline to a nissan dealer, take your infiniti g35 to the infiniti dealer, gti to vw dealer etc.... this happens at every dealership. if you even have aftermarket wheels, the (usually) teenage worker will be tempted to take your car for a joy ride around the block after the service is performed and the car is to be washed, it is very common and is to be expected. IMO as bad as this situation may be calgary bmw should not be the only dealer taking the blame and heat for this, the tool workers should.

the thing that bothers me the most with what happened is that the person who went for a joy ride did so with the car not being 100% road-worthy (wheel alignment, front end apart etc.) meaning this was a wreckless act :thumbsdow
It doesn't happen at every dealership.

vadeit
10-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

It doesn't happen at every dealership.

Happens at a lot.

Centaur bagged the shit out of my Sti when it when in for an oil change; they put on 9km, mileage was down 2L/100km and I could smell the clutch when I picked it up. I now go to Calgary Subaru, they just steal change out of the cupholders.

redline
10-19-2008, 02:32 PM
^^ just cause you work there does not mean it does not happen...

Grogador
10-19-2008, 02:43 PM
.... this happens at every dealership.

I did detailing at <dealership autobody place> for a couple summers when I was a wee youngin and managed not to joyride any customer vehicles, even the fancy fast ones. The service dudes would occasionally do a test run up the onramp and down the main drag, but never anything wreckless or abusive. The managers weren't even scary nazi dudes, I guess we just had respect for the property that customers had entrusted us with.

Seriously though if I had a car like that, it wouldn't leave my sight. Stealership service for a foglight harness?? At least record the mileage on the work order or put it in valet mode.

milesmcewing
10-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Quick and easy to tell the current history.

Have a technician print out a current status report, it will show current hours and rev history as well as any anomalies. Ours is about 30 pages long and is the best indication of whats happening with a car, call me if you want to discuss it, I am at work until 3pm tomorrow.
Cheers
Miles

dimi
10-19-2008, 02:51 PM
IMO as bad as this situation may be calgary bmw should not be the only dealer taking the blame and heat for this, the tool workers should.

Calgary BMW SHOULD be the one taking ALL of the heat for this. If you cannot properly manage your employees, then their actions represent the mentality of the dealership as a whole. I know of at least 3 other dealerships where this happens on a REGULAR basis (every day). Every dealership should have at least a few HRM personnel on hand to manage these valet monkey idiots.

Sooner or later this was going to happen to someone who has a good amount of media access, and I hope rage pursues this and makes sure that the PR dept. burns to hell. Hopefully then some others can learn from these mistakes, although the chances of that are slim to none. This is the main reason why I still have yet to visit the dealershit regarding repairs/maintenance to a transportation source of mine.

Graham_A_M
10-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow, I just read this whole thread, this is incredible.

Too bad though, where else can we go really. :(

Bring our cars up to Edmonton? :eek:

Dj_Stylz
10-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Dim_Sum works at Calgary bmw and saw it without a bumper. Starting tomorrow he will use his CSI skills and try take pictures haha. He said its probably a tech or a service lot attendant. :dunno:

Joe-G
10-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by milesmcewing
Quick and easy to tell the current history.

Have a technician print out a current status report, it will show current hours and rev history as well as any anomalies. Ours is about 30 pages long and is the best indication of whats happening with a car, call me if you want to discuss it, I am at work until 3pm tomorrow.
Cheers
Miles

:werd:
That is a really good idea. I'm pretty sure BMW's do have computers that record data. It should suffice as enough proof that someone was actually bagging the car, and in turn get someone fired or reprimanded.

ZorroAMG
10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
That's brutal....