PDA

View Full Version : need help with finding the name of an older claymation movie

Graham_A_M
10-18-2008, 08:54 PM
hey guys, very very stupid question I know, but I had this favorite movie when I was a kid, it was this claymation movie from the late 80's or even early 90's.
I guess it would be under the "kids" section of movies, but it was a fantasy type movie much along the lines of "Huckberry finn".

Basically it was this (much like a steam boat) - boat that would travel through the skies (or space I forget), and visit all these places and things. The "captain" of this boat was some grey haired guy that looked much like Einstein. With a bunch of younger kids as passengers.

The boat would have these weird jelly-bean things that would shoot out from one smoke-stack, and arc into another smoke-stack as it was in motion. The boat would travel through time or space (or something along those lines) and visit new things and places. It was actually a really cool movie.

Sorry for not being able to explain it better, I was just a young kid the last time I ever saw this movie, and this is what I remember from it.
HUGE thanks if anybody can help me find the title of it.:)

Horatio
10-18-2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak3z2Pm7Iwg

too lazy to embed...sorry....is that the one you're thinking of?

Graham_A_M
10-18-2008, 10:35 PM
^ Holy shit. Thats it. thanks man.... wow its been a while since I've seen that.

Sweet. thanks :clap:

Horatio
10-19-2008, 04:41 PM
:thumbsup: no problemo

been awhile since I watched the whole thing too....might be time.

xLostx
10-19-2008, 04:46 PM
hahaha I totally knew it was that clip before even clicking on the link

Graham_A_M
10-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I just downloaded it in a torrent file.
Awesome movie, I can see why I missed it so much.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yohan4ws
10-20-2008, 12:43 AM
that clip is fucked man .... what a really disturbing view of how meger life is...

this shit fucks with me, im gonna have to download the movie... i dont think i can do mushrooms for at least a couple years after seeing this clip ..

it represents god and the creation of what we see around us .. obviously it's a christian view because as what we saw he made those human out of clays .. means no evolution nor other scientific explanation appeared and also it explained how god can destroy what he created ...
what bothered me though is mark twain cried after the clip .. that's the only part that i couldn't explain
brittpax (5 days ago) Show Hide
+2 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
he cried because of what the mysterious stranger said about humans being of no value about life being nothing more than our perception of what it is. he basically said that we only exist within our own minds and if thats true whats the point of it?why do we choose to live at all? here he is at the end of his life and he finds out that all of his struggles and all of his acheivements ultimately mean nothing. he will die and disappear into that empty space,he is "nothing more than a thought"...

Graham_A_M
10-20-2008, 08:40 PM
^ that was actually the very clip that made this movie banned for all kids. Even though this was intended to be a kids movie.

kind of odd though, that was the clip that made all other age groups love this movie.:dunno:
kind of a double-edged sword really.

But I'd have to agree, that particular clip is pretty fucked in all reality. :nut: