PDA

View Full Version : A Big Shout Out to Todd at Clubbers-Choice

A790
10-19-2008, 02:16 PM
This weekend was one of my rare excursions to various bars located in various areas of the city. Friday night was Jamesons, followed by the Kilkenny, and then all the way down to the southwest to Union Jacks.

Saturday night was Cactus Club, and then BACK down to Union Jacks.

Todd at Clubbers-Choice (it's a drivers alternative thing) made sure that I was well taken care of all weekend. The drivers showed up 20 minutes after I called, they drove my car very nicely and professionally, and overall I was treated very well.

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with how Todd treated me. These days it's hard to find a good drivers alternative as they always seem to be busy, and the last time I used one they beat the snot out of my car (my 91 MR2 at the time).

top_speed
10-19-2008, 02:19 PM
.............. didnt noe he was a moderator

Dj_Stylz
10-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by top_speed
who cares, you tool

:facepalm:

Mr. Burns
10-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Shouldn't matter if he is a mod or not. Morons like you are whats wrong with beyond.

A790
10-19-2008, 02:24 PM
You know what buddy, all I'm doing is letting people know about a good business that's actually helpful. I'm sure Todd and his crew at clubbers choice prevent a lot of drunk driving.

I'm not going to ban your ass because I want people to know how much of jackass you are. But, it's safe to say that you've got my attention. I'd make sure I followed every damn rule to a T from here on out.

Enjoy your stay here on beyond :)

Spoons
10-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by A790

You know what buddy, all I'm doing is letting people know about a good business that's actually helpful. I'm sure Todd and his crew at clubbers choice prevent a lot of drunk driving.

I'm not going to ban your ass because I want people to know how much of jackass you are. But, it's safe to say that you've got my attention. I'd make sure I followed every damn rule to a T from here on out.

You're going to make sure you follow every rule to a T? :dunno:

Just playin, I will keep that in mind next time... even though I don't have a car anymore.

7thgenvic
10-19-2008, 03:21 PM
GREAT GUY! i have known Todd for a while! He was originally a bouncer at Ranchmans where I worked for the past 5 years, and he decided to do the driver's alternative gig!

NEVER EVER USE SAFE RIDE! the owner still has not fixed my car from when my front bumper was cracked

LongCity
10-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

You're going to make sure you follow every rule to a T? :dunno:

Just playin, I will keep that in mind next time... even though I don't have a car anymore.

I think he was making a suggestion saying that if he was the other guy that's what he would be doing.

Spoons
10-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by LongCity

I think he was making a suggestion saying that if he was the other guy that's what he would be doing.

Werd

Reading > Me

Stunt66
10-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Burns
Shouldn't matter if he is a mod or not. Morons like you are whats wrong with beyond.

:werd: OP's post was actually about something helpful.

403ep3
10-19-2008, 04:46 PM

Haha that sucks for you!

A790, now instead of making posts on beyond you should be hitting up the gym :rofl:

A790
10-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
GREAT GUY! i have known Todd for a while! He was originally a bouncer at Ranchmans where I worked for the past 5 years, and he decided to do the driver's alternative gig!

NEVER EVER USE SAFE RIDE! the owner still has not fixed my car from when my front bumper was cracked

I've always used Keys Please (since I didn't know anyone else) and had to wait forever. Plus, their drivers are always really grumpy.

Originally posted by LongCity

Bingo.

Originally posted by Stunt66

:werd: OP's post was actually about something helpful.

Originally posted by 403ep3

Haha that sucks for you!

A790, now instead of making posts on beyond you should be hitting up the gym :rofl:

:rofl: Yea yea, going tomorrow okay?! LOL.

inline6turbo
10-19-2008, 11:08 PM
I've known Todd now a little while and I'd have to agree, very professional, quick service. Would definitely recommend his service to anyone who needs it!

Clubbers-Choice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
So how do they make money (i.e. how much do they charge), etc...

A790
10-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
So how do they make money (i.e. how much do they charge), etc...
Charges per kilometer. My rides wound up being cab fare + $10ish.

Honestly, since I didn't have to leave my car in the NW or at the Cactus Club it was cheaaaap.

prae
10-19-2008, 11:36 PM
so you pay the drivers cab fare when they arrive?

Thanks for the post, I've always been interested in a service like keys please etc etc

A790
10-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by prae
so you pay the drivers cab fare when they arrive?

Thanks for the post, I've always been interested in a service like keys please etc etc
Kind of.

They show up, you give them the keys, they let you know what the rates around (around $3/km I think), and then they verify that you have everything you need (wallet, keys, jacket, etc.). They drive your car and have a chase car follow you. Once they drop you off they take off with their chase car.

kerry
10-20-2008, 12:06 AM

I bet you love the cock.... fag.

A790, thanks for the tip. I'm always wondering who has a good "drive me home" company and your post definitely showed me who I can use next time!

ekguy
10-20-2008, 12:11 AM
must be pricey if you live far from the bar you're at though. Jesus from most places on 17th to Lake Chaparal I'd be paying them like 75$

Grogador
10-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
must be pricey if you live far from the bar you're at though. Jesus from most places on 17th to Lake Chaparal I'd be paying them like 75$

That's what you get for livin' in deep south central, homefry :guns:

A790
10-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Their site says that the rates go down the further you go, so it's not THAT bad. Besides, getting your car the next day after cabbing it home is a big pain in the ass anyway.

ekguy
10-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Definitely nice to not have to get your car...Plus i don't barely ever go further than the Alley so it's not that far from Chap.

This is definitely a type of service that is very very well thought out though. Keeps at least some people off the roads. I usually train and cab though which really REALLY sucks when you just want to crash in your bed and you still have a good hour of commute to get home haha.

A790
10-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Definitely nice to not have to get your car...Plus i don't barely ever go further than the Alley so it's not that far from Chap.

This is definitely a type of service that is very very well thought out though. Keeps at least some people off the roads. I usually train and cab though which really REALLY sucks when you just want to crash in your bed and you still have a good hour of commute to get home haha.
Yea, I feel you man.

I mean, there was NO WAY that this weekend would have been as awesome as it was if Todd hadn't taken care of me. I see it as a solid investment in fun ;)

kerry
10-20-2008, 12:37 AM

Their site says that the rates go down the further you go, so it's not THAT bad. Besides, getting your car the next day after cabbing it home is a big pain in the ass anyway.

You're exactly right. It is way the fuck better to have my car home in the morning. It'll cost you the same amount if you left your car at the bar and cabbed home, or if you got these guys to pick you up and drive your car home with you.

Clubbers-Choice: $75 (we'll estimate high)

Cab: $40

But the next day you'd have to call a buddy to drive you, and (unless you're a heartless dickface) then at least buy the guy lunch for doing you a solid. That'd be at least $35 for the two of you even if you went somewhere less expensive.

I always hate asking "dude can you bring me to my car". I feel like a tool haha.

Cooked Rice
10-20-2008, 12:40 AM
So basically, you drive to the club. Then after your tanked, you call and they drive you back home in your own car?

Interesting. Is this cheaper than taking a cab to the bars then a cab back?

A790
10-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
So basically, you drive to the club. Then after your tanked, you call and they drive you back home in your own car?

Interesting. Is this cheaper than taking a cab to the bars then a cab back?
Nail on the head dude. Drive yourself there and get them to drive you home.

As far as your second question, well, I don't know for sure but probably. I mean, if Todd charges you $60 and it's a $40 cab ride, you're "saving" $20 right?