PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at Shaw?

wiggaplz
10-19-2008, 03:59 PM
I have an interview coming up in a few days...just wondering what the people are like there (I have an interview as Provisioner-Telephony), and what I can expect from the interview. Also, a heads up on what this position actually specifically entails would help a lot...I've browsed the site and some of the information is pretty vague. Thanks

Cheers

malcolmk14
10-20-2008, 03:51 PM
A response from my friend at SHAW who actually held this position recently:

"Provisioning is Digital Phone Operations so basically when a technician goes out to a customer’s home to install phone they would contact provisioning to give them the serial number of the piece of equipment they have, the provisioner would then push dial tone through and complete the test call.. That’s honestly basically all the provisioner is responsible for.. There may be errors that they have to deal with but that all comes with training. As for what he can expect in the interview.. They’ll likely ask him why he’s interested in this department, they’ll probably ask mostly situational questions (like for example, if we were to port a customer’s phone number to Shaw from Telus and the port had been delayed and it was our fault, what would you say?) .. Since he’s external they might ask a different set of questions since mine seemed to be based on my previous experience with the company, but he should just try to outline any technical experience he has, or if he doesn’t he could also tell them that he has a lot of sales experience and is interested in becoming a part of the technical side. It shouldn’t be too difficult of an interview.. I think mine lasted 20 mins tops."

malcolmk14
10-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Do you know who you're interviewing with?

bubbley
10-20-2008, 04:01 PM
I am a manager there..i will be looking for the 'wigga' and sending you back home immediately

Grogador
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Your job is to go into COMX to screw up people's number porting and waste as much of the (piece-rate) installers' time as possible before they utter threats and leave the customer's house. Some of your time may be spent arguing with Telus over if Micheal Smith and Mike Smith are the same person and if you can steal their phone number. If you do manage to get something provisioned properly, make sure the number has the wrong address so the cops can't find them.

malcolmk14, did your buddy have to do a TSR-like quiz?

igniz
10-20-2008, 09:53 PM
what's the position your applying to? kindly add some details.... and good luck for your interview.

01RedDX
10-20-2008, 10:41 PM

Grogador
10-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Why, http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/AboutShaw/Careers/ of course!

Also see http://forums.beyond.ca/st/230541/anyone-work-for-shaw/