PDA

View Full Version : my crx wiring problem.

ceebz
10-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Okay I picked up a 91 crx and the person totally just ripped out the deck. It was the cdplayer / tape combo and he ripped out the tape player but left in the cd player. I have the harness that went from the cd player to the tape player then the harness that went from the tape player is totally ripped apart, there is only wires hanging. So im guessing I have to figure out what each wire is and rewire it to the harness that can be plugged into my new mp3 deck am I correct. I still have the harness that went from stock to the sony one. Where can I figure out what wire is what so I can wire it to my harness. What tools would I need.

blazzer
10-19-2008, 09:36 PM
well you will need

- crimps and a crimper( i like the bullet crimps my-self there better if u ever decided to swap decks in the futrue, so u dont have to cut wires if u were to use butt crimps)

-wirecutter(shouldbe on crimps)
-might need electircal tape
-bullet crimps (like said above)
-electrical tape

BUT if you are wanting to do a really good job and ur not ever planning on taking that deck out i would recommend soddering the wires together then buy some heat-shrink wrap and do it that way
unless ur throwing the wires back in to the harness to it would be a harness-harness hook up

as for wire codes i can take a pik for you 2morrow if the wires and post it up for you with what wire is which

92Mx-3
10-19-2008, 09:57 PM
this should help you out aswell..

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

ceebz
10-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Well blazzer if I just wire the stock wires to the harness that already fits on that deck (and most sony decks) i could just stick with sonys and plug and play them. Or would it be better for me to go get a stock CRX wire harness and rewire it all to that then I can just plug and play almost anything. And thanks alot for the wiring diagram im going to pickup a stock harness and some crimpers and bullets today!

rc2002
10-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Get a stock CRX wire harness. That way you can change the deck out in the future if you need.

I'd stay away from the butt connectors. Such short gauge wire never crimps properly and the wires can fall out easily. I'd go for a soldering gun and some shrink tube to do the job properly.

blazzer
10-20-2008, 12:44 PM
i agree it jsut the crimpers are usally cheaper and quicker job and can still do there job if done right and u dont by cheap crap crimps

and ya ceebz if u wanna put that work in to it the stock crx harness would be the way to do it if you are wanting a clean well done job right :)

ceebz
10-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Okay I got a stock harness, I got crimpers, and those bullet things.

Tell me if this is correct.

I take the harness thats stock (different CRX) and I look where my harness use to be and replace the wires with the same color code or what? Then I should be able to take my already harness to deck and just plug and play? Is that HA wiring diagram correct?

blazzer
10-20-2008, 02:35 PM
theatratically that is correct yes( the bullet crimpers are used to splice wires together) if needed