PDA

View Full Version : Cappa Certification

niangsdb
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi guys,
Please share your thoughts and difficulties for the 5 levels of CAPPA certificates.
How do feel about the job market right now?
Anyone interested in buying/selling his materials ?
Thanks

Doozer
10-20-2008, 08:58 PM
I've only done the first two levels, just to supplement my knowledge for my current job. The first level in particular is fairly easy, and a terrific intro course for people who don't know much about oil and gas. Those who do would find it pretty boring.

The second gets more into oil production accounting, which is easier than gas because you don't have to worry so much about volumes. Can't speak too much about the specifics of the gas level (3, I think) or the other levels that I haven't taken.

Ebon
10-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Cant give much insight into the certificates but as for the job market atm seems to be pretty stable. In the near future though, before the US credit crisis is over I'd expect there to be a pullback in the job market. Even though Alberta has a bigger buffer to the crisis, as the province has little to no debt a sizable chunk of our economy is from the energy sector, while oil prices are down roughly half the price of 52 week high. As Canada's biggest trade partner, the USA's bailouts, the new president being elected, the uncertainty of how fast the credit markets will recover and the fear in the American population regarding their financial markets will all play a part in Canada's future. The longer this goes on the more at risk Canada is.

But if you dont get into the job market now when are you gonna do it? If Canada experiences downturn and companies start layoffs, even if you time it right to get in when the economy is back on boom there are all the laid off workers to compete with, whom depending on how bad the layoffs are could have far more qualifications.

Although I have to say that no one in the world knows whats gonna happen exactly. I'm just expecting a hit to the economy soon.

Just my 2 cents