PDA

View Full Version : No-fault accident, insurance?

szw
08-11-2002, 11:44 PM
The outback isn't even fully repaired from a not-at-fault accident (my dad was driving it)....and I get rear-ended outside chinook on Friday by this 86 year old guy. Poor subaru...

Anyways, we reported the accident to the police, going to get an estimate later. If we go thru insurance, does it affect my insurance when I go on my own (couple years from now)? When I was getting quotes, they just asked me if I have been "involved in any accidents". Do I just tell them no?

Anyways on a brighter note, I may have my spec-V (albeit in a different color) in a week or two!

boi-alien
08-12-2002, 12:07 AM
well... it does affect it a little, i remember my insurance went up a little bit, not huge but a little when i got into a not-at-fault...

max_boost
08-12-2002, 12:33 AM
Yes it will be affected depending on your insurance company. Some places look at it as a black mark on your record, even though its not your fault, the fact is, you still got into an accident. I know it sucks but that's how it is sometimes!

szw
08-12-2002, 12:39 AM
What if we settle outside of insurance?

Can they find the police report and ding me later?

I wanted to yell at the guy but he was having already having a hard time getting out of his car.....:(

buh_buh
08-12-2002, 12:49 AM
no claim = no insurance increase.

max_boost
08-12-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
no claim = no insurance increase.

Exactly, you can crash and write off your car but as long as you don't make a claim, they can't do shit to you!