PDA

View Full Version : HID Ballast problem.

DannyO
10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Got a bit of a problem, my car has HIDs in it and the passenger side one has flickered a couple times and now finally gave out, I checked the ballast and it is getting the right voltage to it but the output is fluctuating between -0.4 and about 0.4 volts, anybody have any idea if this could be fixed, or is it time for a new ballast?

and yes, I checked the bulb.

Pollywog
10-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Sorry Dan-o, sounds like new ballast time. I had the same issue with some $100 HID kit I got, replaced it with one for $300 and some capacitors so I wouldnt get the headlight error message and its been working beautifully for over a year. From what I've read, this is a common problem with cheaper HID ballasts (Not that I'm calling your HID's cheap, I have no idea what you even have.) Last time I saw you, you still had your sunfire and prelude. What are you driving now? (If you don't remember who I am, I was sitting in your passenger seat when we destroyed your gear linkage doing a burnout at Co-op. Lol, good times)

DannyO
10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
YOU CALLING ME CHEAP??? jk

I know you, yea the hid kit came with the car, I'm still new to them, guess its time for some better ones, anybody know where I could go to get some and how much?

:rofl: @ the Coop burnout, oh to be young and foolish.

Oh and I drive an STi now. :burnout:

Kloubek
10-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey Danny,

Are you going to replace the ballast, or buy a new kit?

If the latter, I'll buy the other (crappy) ballast off you. :)

DannyO
10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
I'll probably just get a kit, as for the other ballast, I think its on its way out as well, I had a flicker problem with it a few weeks ago, just thought it could be faulty wires until now.