PDA

View Full Version : Junk MSN messages

Supa Dexta
10-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Anyone having a problem with these lately? I don't get hardly any junk email, but leaving my msn messenger open over night or so, will result in a about a dozen junk messages, anything from singles to colleges.. I have AVG 8.0 and spyware doctor always running, but yet they continue. :banghead:

A790
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM
AVG/Spyware have nothing to do it. It's a vulnerability in the MSN client itself. The best thing you can do is log of MSN at night and wait for Microsoft to patch it.

Grogador
10-20-2008, 06:05 PM
get smarter friends who don't click random links on MSN

also, don't click random links on MSN :D Is worms. Gotta take em to the vet to get de-wormed.

Supa Dexta
10-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Smarter friends are hard to find.. I'm sure we all have the ones that fwd emails about, don't break this chain mail! Or MS is going to start charging us per message!! .. and junk..

But anyways. Nothing I can do eh'... sonofa. I get them thru the day here and there as well... Just annoying.

dragonone
10-20-2008, 06:20 PM
actually i'm not sure if it entirely has something to do with clicking on random links in msn

i have two accounts that i use, one was hotmail, one was gmail that i both associated with a live msn ID

last month the hotmail one started to send out the...
"hey this is blah blah check this out: link" junk on msn, even to my other account

i don't click on any links, and even if i did they open in opera or firefox which has noscript running and kaspersky's in the background

Supa Dexta
10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Hrmmm, You just made me think of something.. I only recently started fwd my gmail to my hotmail.. Perhaps thats what started this mess.

cosmok
10-20-2008, 06:36 PM
Just keep your status to appear offline, you won't get them anymore.

acura_el
10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Update your address book and set your junk email settings to exclusive. I've done that and haven't received a single junk message in years.

Of course, the downside is that you might miss a message if it goes directly to your junk mail.

igniz
10-20-2008, 08:40 PM
me too this is my problem... but i don't know whats the source of this one... :(