PDA

View Full Version : Chroming Rims and Repair!

msouther
10-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey Everybody,

I want to get some more bling for my car for next summer so I was considering getting my OEM rims chromed instead of buying new ones. I like them, but they are too dull. I first need them repaired because there are some dings on them etc. and then I would like to get this done.

Is there a place in town that does the chroming and also somewhere that does repair? If there is somewhere that does both that would be ideal. Thanks!

flipstah
10-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by msouther
Hey Everybody,

I want to get some more bling for my car for next summer so I was considering getting my OEM rims chromed instead of buying new ones. I like them, but they are too dull. I first need them repaired because there are some dings on them etc. and then I would like to get this done.

Is there a place in town that does the chroming and also somewhere that does repair? If there is somewhere that does both that would be ideal. Thanks!

+1 I would also like to know if this is possible in Calgary.

ianmcc
10-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Probably better off getting them polished rather than chrome plated. If the are aluminum ( I suspect they are) to chrome them requires three platings (copper, nickel and chrome) and a lot of electricity. It's gonna cost you.

msouther
10-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the response ianmcc. Here is another question for you then:

Is there anywhere in Calgary to get them repaired and polished?

I just want them to stand out more and I actually don't really care for the maintenance associated with chrome anyways. Thanks again!

flipstah
10-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by msouther
Thanks for the response ianmcc. Here is another question for you then:

Is there anywhere in Calgary to get them repaired and polished?

I just want them to stand out more and I actually don't really care for the maintenance associated with chrome anyways. Thanks again!

I found a potential repair shop from looking through the Marketplace.

http://www.albertawheelrepair.com/

I might go there to get mine evaluated.

badlivertt
10-27-2008, 08:53 AM
^!!!!!!

Alberta wheel rocks. I've had them take out curb rash and straighten a bent rim. Fantastic service, outstanding results.

///LOUD LOAD\\\
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
X2 on alberta wheel, these guys do great work!!! :)