PDA

View Full Version : Okay Tim Horton workers, if you read this I'm coming for you.

Pages : [1] 2

MoneyPit
10-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Number fucking 1.

When I order my coffee, put the god damn lid on so the hot coffee doesn't burn my genitalia, for fuck sakes? Is $12hr not enough for you?

Number 2. I used to order XL Double double. Pretty soon they stopped putting cream and sugar in it. Now I get XL33's. They still don't know how to put cream or sugar in it.

Number 3. Do not serve me burned stale luke warm coffee. For fuck sakes is it so hard for these people who want these jobs to actually put an effort into it?

:banghead:

kragnorok
10-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Then don't go to Tim Horton's?

Schwa
10-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Is it so hard for you to stop going there?

McDonald's coffee is far fresher and better tasting these days.

sputnik
Originally posted by kragnorok
Then don't go to Tim Horton's?

:werd:

bobby_lu
The burned and lukewarmness is the usual.

ga16i
Originally posted by MoneyPit
Number fucking 1.

When I order my coffee, put the god damn lid on so the hot coffee doesn't burn my genitalia, for fuck sakes? Is $12hr not enough for you?

Common sense says to refrain from placing hot liquids anywhere near genitalia.

MoneyPit
10-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by ga16i

Common sense says to refrain from placing hot liquids anywhere near genitalia. drive through was empty so i used it. as she passed it to me the lid came off when she tilted it and it went all over my jeans.

kragnorok
Originally posted by ga16i

Common sense says to refrain from placing hot liquids anywhere near genitalia.

OBVIOUSLY the op doesn't have any common sense seeing as he continually spends is funds at a place that is horrible to him each and every time. Maybe his genitals are cold when he does it, who knows?

MoneyPit
and i think iw ill start goign to mcdonalds for coffee. this is b.s. takes me 10 mins to order a coffee because nobody understands english.

Dumbass17
make coffee at home you timmy's crackhead :P

jfwy :poosie:

MoneyPit
10-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by kragnorok

OBVIOUSLY the op doesn't have any common sense seeing as he continually spends is funds at a place that is horrible to him each and every time. Maybe his genitals are cold when he does it, who knows? SOMETIMES they get it right. Sometimes.

MoneyPit
10-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

jfwy :poosie: :(

jhmed
10-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I stopped going to Tim's due to the above reasons... Even when you order an Iced Cap in the summer, it arrives with shit dripping down the sides of the cup and gets all over my hands and all inside the cupholders. A&W is the worst for it, however.

Is it so hard to give the outside of the cup a quick wipe before you hand it over to the customer???

Now I just order a bottle of water. At least Dasani knows how to secure a lid... and its a little more healthy.

semograd
10-21-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

jfwy :poosie:

+1

Amysicle
10-21-2008, 12:15 PM
You probably won't like this Facebook group where the workers feel as though they're smarter than the average person. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=012326b860d43980c8ba9994fd5a8ed4&refurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fs.php%3Finit%3Dq%26q%3Dtim%2Bhortons%2Brules%2Bof%2Bordering%26ref%3Dts%26sid%3D012326b860d43980c8ba9994fd5a8ed4&gid=2581280419

kaput
10-21-2008, 12:18 PM

MoneyPit
10-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by kaput
Which Timmys is this? Is it just me or has coffee from the one in crowfoot tasted funny for the last few days? Maybe I'll give the McDicks beside them a try, it certainly can't be worse than what I'm trying to drink right now. EVERY SINGLE TIM HORTONS IN THE NORTHEAST, ON THE NORTH SIDE OF 16TH AVE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE COFFEE :rofl:

MoneyPit
10-21-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
You probably won't like this Facebook group where the workers feel as though they're smarter than the average person. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=012326b860d43980c8ba9994fd5a8ed4&refurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fs.php%3Finit%3Dq%26q%3Dtim%2Bhortons%2Brules%2Bof%2Bordering%26ref%3Dts%26sid%3D012326b860d43980c8ba9994fd5a8ed4&gid=2581280419 :rofl:

I'm signing up to give all 6000+ workers a reason to get angry. Thanks!

3g4u
10-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Second cup FTW

Kloubek
10-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Any time I go to a fast food place of any sort, I am absolutely astounded if they did not mess up at least one thing on my order in some way. Be it a missing straw for my drink, a missing fork for my salad, lack of napkins for my messy burger, the lid not on correctly, an item differing from what I ordered, cold, stale, or otherwise unedible food/drink.

If only one or two of these things are messed up, I call it a pretty good day.

prae
10-21-2008, 01:15 PM
i pay the extra $1 for starbucks and skip the line.

although lately the deerfoot meadows starbucks has really been slippin.

bobby_lu
10-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by prae
i pay the extra $1 for starbucks and skip the line.

although lately the deerfoot meadows starbucks has really been slippin.

if you are getting regular coffee its barely a $0.50 cent difference

jonnycat
10-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Most places with a drive thru are the epitomy of fuckedupedness. It's what they know, it's what they do.

I went to Rotten Ronnies one day and ordered a Mcgriddle for the wife. She opened it up once we hit the highway, and to our surprise they gave us two fucking buns, the bttom and top half. No fucking cheese, no fuckin sausage no fucking egg.

One time I tried to order breakfast at burger king, I asked for something and he said they were out, I asked for something else, and they were out of that too, after the fourth item was unavailable, I asked them what they did have, a couple of seconds later he tells me that they quit serving break fast a month ago and I could order anything from the lunch menu.

Eleanor
10-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Free coffee at work? :dunno:

7thgenvic
10-21-2008, 01:32 PM
I miss Timmy's! A fucking coffee here in Denmark is around $7. Blahh

birchy
10-21-2008, 01:52 PM
x2 for McDonalds coffee.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/food/beverages/coffee-tea/coffee-taste-test-3-07/overview/0307_coffee_ov_1.htm

jhmed
10-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Someone posted this on the FB group mentioned a few posts ago.... LOL

"anyone that is stuck working at a tim hortons (and complaining about trivial shit that only other timmy's employees would complain about) is stupid uneducated cunt"

Link:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=012326b860d43980c8ba9994fd5a8ed4&refurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fs.php%3Finit%3Dq%26q%3Dtim%2Bhortons%2Brules%2Bof%2Bordering%26ref%3Dts%26sid%3D012326b860d43980c8ba9994fd5a8ed4&gid=2581280419

EDIT: it wasn't me, but I think it was hilarious!

supe
10-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Go to starbucks and pay three times as much...

QuasarCav
10-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by supe
Go to starbucks and pay three times as much...

WTF are you on. When comparing apples to apples you'll find that a large Timmy's coffee is around 1.70 where a large (Venti) Starbucks coffee is 2.26 w/tax.

I cannot speak for the other beverages as Tim Hortons does not offer espresso based drinks.

bobby_lu
10-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

WTF are you on. When comparing apples to apples you'll find that a large Timmy's coffee is around 1.70 where a large (Venti) Starbucks coffee is 2.26 w/tax.

I cannot speak for the other beverages as Tim Hortons does not offer espresso based drinks.

Even more to your point, a grande(med) at starbucks is at least the same size or bigger than a large at Tim's and 1.98

dino_martini
10-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Wow you guys must go to some fucked up Mcdonalds and Tim Hortons because my order is always perfect. Always as I ordered it. Napkins, straws, in the bag. Lid's put on perfectly. :dunno:

harv91
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
or do what i do, fuck all that shit and just drink slurpees :clap:

HP2133
10-21-2008, 05:52 PM
OP, you can either apply for a job and make good coffee or switch venues. Try McDonald's for example, and if they don't speak English as someone said, try Starbucks and pay a lil extra.

If the lid comes off, they will give you a "are you stupid, be more careful" look and a complimentary muffin or whatever, as it's easier to get you moving on your way than to put up with your whining.

Originally posted by 7thgenvic
I miss Timmy's! A fucking coffee here in Denmark is around $7. Blahh

I recall that real Turkish coffee in parts of Europe costs 3 Euros, so I can feel your pain compared to Tim's at 2 dollars.

msommers
10-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Schwa

According to one of my profs, in the US, the surveyors had professional coffee tasters take a blind test, tasting all the chain's regular coffee. McDonald's came out on top. Surprising as hell tbh.

l/l/rX
10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
a tall hazelnut americano with 2 sugars from starbucks for $2.36 including tax does the trick for me in the morning.

QuasarCav
10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by msommers

According to one of my profs, in the US, the surveyors had professional coffee tasters take a blind test, tasting all the chain's regular coffee. McDonald's came out on top. Surprising as hell tbh.

I am starting to hear this from quite a few people but what I cannot stress enough is that McDonald's will not be able to make a consistant cup of coffee that I can rely on at each location. While I do believe that part of the appeal to Starbucks is the perceived image of their stores I still think that the coffee is better.

A controlled test could make a Big Mac taste good.

GenerationX
10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Fire in the hole.
It'll give them a hint that the coffee tasted like shit.

FilthyMcNasty
10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
if i worked at timmys i would give only douchebags coffee with loose lids. maybe youre a douchebag??

TomcoPDR
10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
The thing I HATE the most is that you'll get faster service using the drive-thru than to properly walk in. And I've been through 4 province's Timmy during 2008.

There was this one in Alberta, I waited 25 minutes around 9:25am, got pissed off (fat ass people who can't decide between double dipped, chocolate, blah blah) so I hopped in my ride went straight to drive thru (no line), and was outta there. Even made eye contact through the window from someone that was standing in front of me while I was inside.

I still think my idea of converting those lunch trucks (1 ton dually trucks with snacks, drinks), into a Tim Horton's rolling franchise, I think that'll be a win in the industry areas or shops/offices. (i.e. like pull up to the Health Region office at an agreed time, park in the lot for 10-20 mins)

MoneyPit
10-21-2008, 06:30 PM
I just fucking hate people who order special sandwiches through drive thru. Then have 10 trays of coffee. GO INSIDE YOU FAT COWS.

88jbody
10-21-2008, 06:40 PM
at least this is a new rant :)

I have problems about 50% of my fast food orders. missing straws I can deal with I alwasy take a few spares from subway when I visit there and save them up for when another spot forgets. same with napkins.

but missing a burger or something completely off an order is just layzines/stupidity.

really I never had any problems like this back east where the $6/hr tims people were just happy to have a job and did it the best they could becasue if they didn't they'd get canned becasue there was a line up looking for work

TorqueDog
10-21-2008, 07:01 PM
You probably won't like this Facebook group where the workers feel as though they're smarter than the average person. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=012326b860d43980c8ba9994fd5a8ed4&refurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fs.php%3Finit%3Dq%26q%3Dtim%2Bhortons%2Brules%2Bof%2Bordering%26ref%3Dts%26sid%3D012326b860d43980c8ba9994fd5a8ed4&gid=2581280419 I'd love to write some shit on their wall:

1. Butter BOTH HALVES of the bagel, you lazy shits. Substitute butter with cream cheese or margarine when req'd.

2. When I order a large turkey bacon sandwich on brown bread, I do not want a small turkey bacon sandwich on white bread.

3. Take some friggin' pride in what you do; if there's Iced Cap relentlessly streaming down the sides of the cup, and from underneath the lid, take the five seconds to clean it up, or give me a second cup to put underneath, and some napkins for Christ's sake.

three.eighteen.
10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
yeah i left a message on that facebook group...stupid fucking kids :facepalm:

broken_legs
10-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Pretty sure that 90% of the people posting in this thread have never worked in the service industry.

If you're tired of only half a bagel being buttered, ask tim Hortons corporate to change how they instruct their employees to butter the bagel. Don't you think its weird how every single Tim Horton's in Alberta butters their bagels the same way?? No, they're all just lazy.

If you don't like how iced cap drips down the sides of the cup, ask tim hortons to change the lid so it doesn't drip. Same thing happens when you get a blizzard or a mcflurry.

Everything at that store is designed for speed. They need to turn over as many customers per hour as possible because their margins are small because they are selling food for dirt cheap.

If you don't like the quality of the service or the food, then I suggest you people should go pay for a premium beverage or bagel at Starbucks or go for a sit down lunch / coffee somewhere else and you will pay for the service you get.

swak
10-21-2008, 07:29 PM
I have no grudges against Tim Hortons, but awesome.
I do not expect a luxurious cup of coffee for $1.79, i expect what im getting and thats what i get.

Only thing that pisses me off is people that order sandwiches and crap that take a long time to wait in the drive thru.
Which slows down the line-up tremendously, and then makes me late for wherever.

Amysicle
10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by broken_legs
Pretty sure that 90% of the people posting in this thread have never worked in the service industry.I worked in the service industry in high school and just after high school until I managed to get away from the bullshit. I still don’t feel any pity or sympathy for current service industry people though.

It really wasn't that hard to put together an order quickly and properly with a smile. Those damn fast food workers today think they're all underappreciated geniuses despite the fact that they can't manage to cut a bagel in half all the way through or put a lid on a drink properly. On top of that, they think they’re underpaid for the menial labour that they half-ass do!

broken_legs
10-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I worked in the service industry in high school and just after high school until I managed to get away from the bullshit. I still don’t feel any pity or sympathy for current service industry people though.

It really wasn't that hard to put together an order quickly and properly with a smile. Those damn fast food workers today think they're all underappreciated geniuses despite the fact that they can't manage to cut a bagel in half all the way through or put a lid on a drink properly. On top of that, they think they’re underpaid for the menial labour that they half-ass do!

I'd like to hear you say that to the 46 year old mother of three working in Tim Hortons when there's 40 people waiting in line for their food.

reiRei
10-21-2008, 08:07 PM
I've worked in the service industry, I worked at the Movie Theatre (back when Harry Potter and LOTR were HUGE), and I mean it wasn't hard to sit there, and put an order together, it was pretty brainless to be honest..

I don't understand how people at Tim's, even when I show them with my fingers the quantity of croissants I want (I showed them two fingers, and said I would like two croissants ).. give me only ONE! seriously!

Amysicle
10-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I'd like to hear you say that to the 46 year old mother of three working in Tim Hortons when there's 40 people waiting in line for their food. I'd rather tell her that there are programs like this available to her to improve her skill set and help her improve her quality of life.
http://www.ywcaofcalgary.com/ywca/the_issues/homeless_poverty/vermilion.html
http://www.calgaryunitedway.org/media/whatwedo/agencylist.pdf

I don't mind donating to causes that give people a hand up, not a hand out but I can't help those who aren't willing to help themselves. I've also contributed to programs like adopt-a-family through work and other communities. It's not like I'm completely heartless about people in unfortunate situations.

EDIT: My previous post which broken_legs is referring to is a broad generalization aimed at the youth who feel entitled to make $10-15/h without any work ethic because they could easily walk across the street and make the same wage with a less demanding boss.

TomcoPDR
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM

I'd like to hear you say that to the 46 year old mother of three working in Tim Hortons when there's 40 people waiting in line for their food.

Kritafo you use 2 accounts on here?

vipstyle2
10-21-2008, 08:41 PM
The ones here in Coventry are like robots !, they always get it wrong buy everything they say is so scripted and whenever I come in right away thier looking at me asking what I want I never have time to pick !!! so now I go through the drive thru all the time instead of sitting in =p

msommers
10-21-2008, 11:34 PM
The Timmy's crackwhores are really shining:rofl: :rofl:

nich148_9
10-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Better idea for all: go to a little indie coffee shop if you can. I'm not a hippie (honest), but their coffee typically tastes better and their employees, on average, care more and treat people better.

I have nothing against Starbucks, Tim's, et.al., but if there's a little coffee shop around, I'll probably go in there instead.

Super_Geo
10-22-2008, 08:07 AM
I posted, but had to delete it once I realized that some family friends' kids were in the group and apparently works at Timmy's... :(

Look, the time you spent making this group should've been spent thinking up ways of not fucking up your next shift and once again proving to me, the loyal paying customer, that minimum wage is set too high.

a social dsease
10-22-2008, 08:40 AM
geez I'm glad I don't drink coffee. I pretty much stopped going to Tim's altogether, the only good things are the breakfast sandwiches which aren't worth waiting in a 20 minute line, and ice-caps which lately have been more water than cap. And doesn't the name "ice cap" mean it should at least have a tiny bit of ice in it?

TorqueDog
10-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Pretty sure that 90% of the people posting in this thread have never worked in the service industry.

If you're tired of only half a bagel being buttered, ask tim Hortons corporate to change how they instruct their employees to butter the bagel. Don't you think its weird how every single Tim Horton's in Alberta butters their bagels the same way?? No, they're all just lazy.

If you don't like how iced cap drips down the sides of the cup, ask tim hortons to change the lid so it doesn't drip. Same thing happens when you get a blizzard or a mcflurry.

Everything at that store is designed for speed. They need to turn over as many customers per hour as possible because their margins are small because they are selling food for dirt cheap.

If you don't like the quality of the service or the food, then I suggest you people should go pay for a premium beverage or bagel at Starbucks or go for a sit down lunch / coffee somewhere else and you will pay for the service you get. I've worked in the service industry on several occasions, so I don't sympathize one bit.

I'm not asking to be treated like a king; I'm asking for product that is to the standards that any reasonable person should expect. Are you suggesting that price should dictate their customer service standards? You are hired to do a job. Do it properly. You think people from your parents' generation did a shitty job just because they only made $4.50 an hour? People have no work ethic any more.

If the Iced Cap was $.50 cheaper, should I expect the cups to be perforated so it spills all over my pants? I just want a cup that is containing the very beverage it was made to hold properly, or wipe the one you're going to give me, at least to present the illusion of someone giving a shit.

If the bagels were $.50 cheaper, should they just wave them around near the butter or cream cheese so that maybe the proximity of the two foods will somehow add flavour to the other?

I'll agree that price can dictate quality to a point; if you're paying $50 for a steak, you expect it to be a damn good steak. If you're paying $18 for a steak, it may not be the most amazing steak you've ever sunk your teeth into, but you still expect it to be cooked how you ordered it, and without the blood from when it was raw dripping all over your plate.

Same thing applies here. I can pay $4.00 for a coffee that comes with whipped topping, chocolate shavings, nutmeg flavouring, espresso, and a complimentary Macbook so I can write shitty poetry in the Starbucks all day, or I can pay $1.98 for an iced cap that, while it may not have all those fancy things without additional charge, still tastes like an iced cap, and isn't streaming down the cup and onto my leg.

GQBalla
10-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Where do you guys go?

Crowfoot, country hills (citadel). bow valley square, scotia center tim hortons have yet to fail me.

i barely eat fast food so yeah i dunno bout that

but which ones do you guys go to?

these are some horrific stories.

free coffee at work.

or deville at art central is a great place.

starbucks has yet to fuck up my drinks whichever one i go to.

but i have to admit starbucks country hills near superstore makes the best quad, grande, extra hot, light foam, non fat, extra caramel, caramel machiatto.

Jlude
10-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by 88jbody

really I never had any problems like this back east where the $6/hr tims people were just happy to have a job and did it the best they could becasue if they didn't they'd get canned becasue there was a line up looking for work

Went to mcdicks after the bar last night and everything was perfect!

Gotta love the bubble we all call "The Maritimes"

FivE.SeveN
10-22-2008, 10:07 AM
^^ Haha but mcdicks wasted at 2am is ALWAYS perfect!

Jlude
10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
^^ Haha but mcdicks wasted at 2am is ALWAYS perfect!

This is true.

l/l/rX
10-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla

but i have to admit starbucks country hills near superstore makes the best quad, grande, extra hot, light foam, non fat, extra caramel, caramel machiatto.

you're gay.

cmon non fat? really? what the hell is the point of non fat when you get extra caramel?

HAHA, non fat. its a coffee, how much "fat" can it really have innit?

TorqueDog
10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
HAHA, non fat. its a coffee, how much "fat" can it really have innit? Depends on how much he asks them to put in. :nut:

semograd
10-22-2008, 11:15 AM
The way i avoid problems in drive through's are that Instead of getting my order and leaving, i quickly open the bag, check if i have everything I ordered, sip the coffee, make sure its right. That way if something is wrong I knock the drive through window and complain instead of getting super pissed when I realize they fucked up 4 blocks away.

Canmorite
10-22-2008, 11:23 AM

you're gay.

cmon non fat? really? what the hell is the point of non fat when you get extra caramel?

Plus lulu pants and a fanny bag...ya.

schocker
10-22-2008, 11:26 AM
After having worked across the street from a tim hortons for many months now, the only thing i trust them to do is put donuts into a bag for me. I gladly pay the premium at the starbucks down the road for drinks that dont spill all over everything.

SI_futbol
10-22-2008, 11:27 AM
they actually make more then 12$ and hour, the one by douglas dale starts at like 16 and stay there for two months and they get 18

Skyline_Addict
10-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite

he's not gay...he's just...metro....:rofl:

l/l/rX
10-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite

i wear lululemon pants... i have 3 pairs actually. whats wrong with those?

toyboy88
10-22-2008, 11:40 AM

you're gay.

+1 it's like the people I hear standing in line..

"i'll have a non-fat white mocha"

"want whip cream?"

"oh yeah!"

:facepalm:

But yeah, either triple-lattes or americanos at starbucks for me.

I have noticed the past couple weeks, that the Tim's in MacHall has been really inconsistent for the sugar/cream.

:drama:

RY213
10-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I will never understand why people will line up 10-15 cars deep in the drive thru for some shitty coffee and and nasty as fuck donuts. People are so god damned brainwashed to think that drinking Tim Hortons is the Canadian thing to do that they will waste their time lining up for it. I get my morning coffee at Good Earth now, and its either Cafe Beano or Kawa the rest of the time...

swak
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by RY213
I will never understand why people will line up 10-15 cars deep in the drive thru for some shitty coffee and and nasty as fuck donuts. People are so god damned brainwashed to think that drinking Tim Hortons is the Canadian thing to do that they will waste their time lining up for it. I get my morning coffee at Good Earth now, and its either Cafe Beano or Kawa the rest of the time...

Hate to be the one to break it to you buds, but majority of the people that go to Tim's don't do it because they feel pride in supporting the business.
They go because they like their coffee for what they get.
I think their donuts are pretty good... and their breakfast sammich's.

That is all, the employees are all foreign, but who gives a shit... Its all they can get.

Get your heads out of your asses people, and stop bitching about everything that steps in your way.

RY213
10-22-2008, 10:07 PM
nah its all marketing, its like Molson Canadian beer. The companies have it so people associate their products with being a Canadian...

syscal
10-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Things that drive me nuts at Tims.

1) lineups, all the time, every time
2) drive through lineups blocking the walk up customer parking
3) a single cash register open, long lineup, and rush hour
4) coffee that once in a while tastes like its being run through a second time
5) breakfast sandwich buns that are hard like they've been our for 4 days

last but not least, the 3lb creamcheese bagel...holy shit, like you really need an ice-cream scoop to spread my cream cheese? I carry a knife in my Jeep just so I can scrap out 2lbs of it before I can eat the thing.

I go less often now than before...pack a breakfast instead when I can.

most of them are clean enough, but one time I was at the one on blackfoot by shaw GMC. what a shithole. I had already placed my order before noticing how incredibly dirty and disgusting the restaurant was all over. I then noticed out of the corner of my eye when I was leaving that the guy that made my sandwich had just finished a quick sweep job, emptied the dust pan into the dirty ass garbage and then dragged the garbage away...the whole time while wearing the plastic gloves and then went straight to making his next sandwich.

sandwich, coffee, and donut hit the garbage on my way out at the same time. the guy behind me was turning green looking around the place and starting shit.

disgusting and I will never go to that one again.

ronaldo
10-23-2008, 12:41 AM
drink real coffee...simple solution

08twsi
10-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Come on guys. take it for what its worth. Dont you find it a little true that not only tim hortons but other drive thru places fuck up the most simple of things. I recently went to mcdonalds and ordered a cheese burger and got everything but the meat patty... WTF.

broken_legs
10-23-2008, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
I've worked in the service industry on several occasions, so I don't sympathize one bit.

I'm not asking to be treated like a king; I'm asking for product that is to the standards that any reasonable person should expect. Are you suggesting that price should dictate their customer service standards? You are hired to do a job. Do it properly. You think people from your parents' generation did a shitty job just because they only made $4.50 an hour? People have no work ethic any more.

If the Iced Cap was $.50 cheaper, should I expect the cups to be perforated so it spills all over my pants? I just want a cup that is containing the very beverage it was made to hold properly, or wipe the one you're going to give me, at least to present the illusion of someone giving a shit.

If the bagels were $.50 cheaper, should they just wave them around near the butter or cream cheese so that maybe the proximity of the two foods will somehow add flavour to the other?

I'll agree that price can dictate quality to a point; if you're paying $50 for a steak, you expect it to be a damn good steak. If you're paying $18 for a steak, it may not be the most amazing steak you've ever sunk your teeth into, but you still expect it to be cooked how you ordered it, and without the blood from when it was raw dripping all over your plate.

Same thing applies here. I can pay $4.00 for a coffee that comes with whipped topping, chocolate shavings, nutmeg flavouring, espresso, and a complimentary Macbook so I can write shitty poetry in the Starbucks all day, or I can pay $1.98 for an iced cap that, while it may not have all those fancy things without additional charge, still tastes like an iced cap, and isn't streaming down the cup and onto my leg.

^^ Not at all what I was trying to say. Let me clarify:

You're trying to equate cream cheese on one side of the bagel to lazy ass over compensated under skilled workers who feel entitled to $16/hr. The part you're missing is that every single Tim hortons does it the same way. The franchise makes money by pumping out as much product as fast as it can. It does so at a very low price. Everything is designed for speed and efficiency of Point of Sale. Buttering one side of the bagel is not the workers fault, it is how they are instructed to do their jobs.

The reason that the Iced Cap drips is because of poor cup/lid design. Often when t hey hand it to you there is nothing dripping down, but there is a little bit of iced cap around the rim that melts and then drips. Again not the fault of the worker.

I'd rather tell her that there are programs like this available to her to improve her skill set and help her improve her quality of life.
http://www.ywcaofcalgary.com/ywca/the_issues/homeless_poverty/vermilion.html
http://www.calgaryunitedway.org/media/whatwedo/agencylist.pdf

I don't mind donating to causes that give people a hand up, not a hand out but I can't help those who aren't willing to help themselves. I've also contributed to programs like adopt-a-family through work and other communities. It's not like I'm completely heartless about people in unfortunate situations.

EDIT: My previous post which broken_legs is referring to is a broad generalization aimed at the youth who feel entitled to make $10-15/h without any work ethic because they could easily walk across the street and make the same wage with a less demanding boss.

Same comments as above. I'm not trying to justify crappy service from under skilled under motivated minimum wage employees.

Notice the complaints here, ie Its always so busy!

blah blah blah

I doubt anyone complains when the burger they ordered at the BBQ stand during a flames game, that they paid wayyyy too much money for, didn't have a pickle on it. Probably because they stood in line for 15 minutes waiting for it, and see that its a freaking zoo all around them and the people flipping the burgers off the BBQ are running their asses off trying to keep up. Kind of like Tim hortons. Timmys is always swamped with people, its a freaking zoo. You think they turn customers away when they are understaffed? How about when they have new workers training? I'm surprised they can get anyone to work there at all.

If you go to Tim Hortons that isn't busy (good luck finding one) I'm sure the employees might have the extra 5 seconds per coffee to double check the lid before they hand it to you.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Kritafo you use 2 accounts on here?

I don't Get it

MoneyPit
10-23-2008, 03:37 AM
No. It's just common fucking sense to NOT hand a person a cup, with steaming hot black coffee through the drive through window, without the lid on. You know what happens? They tilt the fucking cup sideways to help get it into your window and it spills all over your door and your lap.

It doesn't take 5 fucking seconds to put the lid on tightly!!!! DO IT THE FIRST TRY, IT'S NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE. I'm fucking god damned tired of this everywhere I get coffee. Mcdonalds did the same shit. The stupid worker put my fucking coffee into the cup, basically Rested the lid on top, and then literally slid it across the counter at me, what happened when it stopped? The coffee that was fresh outta the pot spilled out ALL over my hand, thus burning my hand.

That's fucking lazyness and stupidity. broken_legs, how can you even begin to defend people who do that?

When I was a teenager working burger king, people in the morning always got their orders right, it was a mad house, but we did our jobs properly because we took pride in them. You get these foreigners working here they don't even care about living in canada enough to learn the english language, let alone putting a fucking lid on your coffee.

onehawtrex
10-23-2008, 04:02 AM
When I was a teenager working burger king, people in the morning always got their orders right, it was a mad house, but we did our jobs properly because we took pride in them. You get these foreigners working here they don't even care about living in canada enough to learn the english language, let alone putting a fucking lid on your coffee.

I saddly agree with MoneyPit with the foreigners...i am not racist BUT that is one thing that drive me CRAZY at timmies and every other fast food joint... hit up the drive through and you get the worst english speaking person in the whole place? do they like plan that shit... as i am allergic to pickles( not mayjor just a bit if i eat a bunch) and i hate onions..so i always use to say no picks and no onions but hell half the time i got extra of both and no cheese or somthing...so i just stopped ordering custom orders so less chance of them to missunderstand perfectly said english..

i have been to many many of fast food joints in calgary and i have found a select few of each in calgary that are awsome and never screw up..

ill let you guys know these good places

Timmies- Mckenzie on the west side of deer foot in the esso...AWSOME there not that busy unless early morning

mcdees #1- Esso on 16th Ave and Edmonton Trail( they dont have everything there but its never wrong and always fresh)

Mcdees #2- 52nd Street north of mcknight ( only been going there a few months but never screwed up yet)

A&W- movie dome parking lot- always had good from them

so far the best fast food place ever is probably harveys..cuz they make the burgar in front of you...thats my number one place

JUST AN FYI the wife is preggo and she has an addiction to fast food lol

Vagabond142
10-23-2008, 05:08 AM
Harvey's (anywhere in town, really) always does awesome burgers, as does the DQ up at Dalhousie Station... always pop in there for a quite bite to eat when I'm buying stuff at MemEx. Lunch and technology, a geeks dream :bigpimp:

legendboy
10-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Dear Tim hortons workers:

Please don't drop my bagel on the floor, pick it up and try and give it to me.

Thanks.

kaput
10-23-2008, 09:01 AM

l/l/rX
10-23-2008, 10:22 AM
harrow welkum tooo tim hawtons how can i harpooo

hehehe i had to chuckle to that.

Super_Geo
10-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by onehawtrex
JUST AN FYI the wife is preggo and she has an addiction to fast food lol

Uh oh... I've read that what a mother eats during pregnancy strongly impacts what the kid's eating habbits down the road (or something down those lines). Might want to go the less fast food more fresh veggies route...

Though I wouldn't want to be the man that has to tell his preggo wife that she can't have her Big Mac cravings :rofl:

msommers
10-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Uh oh... I've read that what a mother eats during pregnancy strongly impacts what the kid's eating habbits down the road (or something down those lines). Might want to go the less fast food more fresh veggies route...

Though I wouldn't want to be the man that has to tell his preggo wife that she can't have her Big Mac cravings :rofl:

Just show her this (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1002306/) and guilt it up, "do you want our kid(s) to turn out like this?"

sillysod
10-23-2008, 02:32 PM
harrow welkum tooo tim hawtons how can i harpooo

Timmay iz taht u?

Amysicle
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM

broken_legs
10-24-2008, 01:37 AM
No. It's just common fucking sense to NOT hand a person a cup, with steaming hot black coffee through the drive through window, without the lid on. You know what happens? They tilt the fucking cup sideways to help get it into your window and it spills all over your door and your lap.

It doesn't take 5 fucking seconds to put the lid on tightly!!!! DO IT THE FIRST TRY, IT'S NOT FUCKING ROCKET SCIENCE. I'm fucking god damned tired of this everywhere I get coffee. Mcdonalds did the same shit. The stupid worker put my fucking coffee into the cup, basically Rested the lid on top, and then literally slid it across the counter at me, what happened when it stopped? The coffee that was fresh outta the pot spilled out ALL over my hand, thus burning my hand.

That's fucking lazyness and stupidity. broken_legs, how can you even begin to defend people who do that?

broken_legs said:
I'm not trying to justify crappy service from under skilled under motivated minimum wage employees.

Again, i'm not sure how to make my point any more clear here.

The service you are delivered is more likely a product of the environment where you are purchasing it, the policies and standards that Tim Hortons employs, and finally the 97% effectiveness of coffee cup lids.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I hate it when coffee spills all over the place in my truck too.

Have you ever put a lid on a fountain pop cup that didn't fit quite right and popped off seconds later, even though you were sure it was on tight? Well this happens to me all the time at Subway and Edo et al. Maybe the cup itself had a defect on the brim which caused a poor seal with the lid. I guess we will never know.

All I meant to do was provide another point of view since it seems like everyone here equates all of their problems with so called lazy, unpatriotic, ethnic Tim Hortons workers. I just think there's a bit more to consider here.

Peace.

GQBalla
10-24-2008, 08:09 AM

you're gay.

it means skim milk you fucken idiot.

cause if you dont say non fat it taste thicker....

extra caramel to add sweetness cause of the quad shot of espresso, not coffee.

NUMB NUTS please don't talk if you don't know.

Matt > Jarett

yoda124
10-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by syscal
Things that drive me nuts at Tims.

1) lineups, all the time, every time
2) drive through lineups blocking the walk up customer parking
3) a single cash register open, long lineup, and rush hour
4) coffee that once in a while tastes like its being run through a second time
5) breakfast sandwich buns that are hard like they've been our for 4 days

last but not least, the 3lb creamcheese bagel...holy shit, like you really need an ice-cream scoop to spread my cream cheese? I carry a knife in my Jeep just so I can scrap out 2lbs of it before I can eat the thing.

I go less often now than before...pack a breakfast instead when I can.

most of them are clean enough, but one time I was at the one on blackfoot by shaw GMC. what a shithole. I had already placed my order before noticing how incredibly dirty and disgusting the restaurant was all over. I then noticed out of the corner of my eye when I was leaving that the guy that made my sandwich had just finished a quick sweep job, emptied the dust pan into the dirty ass garbage and then dragged the garbage away...the whole time while wearing the plastic gloves and then went straight to making his next sandwich.

sandwich, coffee, and donut hit the garbage on my way out at the same time. the guy behind me was turning green looking around the place and starting shit.

disgusting and I will never go to that one again.

yup...the same thing happened to me once.One guy finished sweeping the floor then proceeded to make my sandwich without washing his hands or using gloves.I cancelled the order then left.Then another time last summer there were tons of flies in the store landing on the buns and donuts left out in the open.I watched one lady behind the counter swatting flies and picking them up off the counter with her bare hands.That was gross.Haven't been back the Tim's since.

88jbody
10-25-2008, 10:55 AM
there are some things that can be fixed and should not happen. the people here take the job market to their advantage and only work as hard as they need to to keep a job, and here in calgary is not very hard.

one instance myself and the OP went into tims by cmp.

one register open, one girl serving the line up of 10 or more, doing everything, then 5 people standing around in a circle talking about nothing to do with work.

and if they were all on a break is no excuse they should not put the whole shift on break at the same time.

crowfoot- only problem I ever had there was speed, and they were busy, so that is excuse able.

but when I am 2nd in line and it take 20 minutes to get 1 coffee that is poor service.

it seems any tims you get good service is ussualy only in the far NW or far SW anything east of 14th stree service and product is crap

SteveMo600
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Tim Hortons usually employs people that are either young or generally qualified to pour coffee. I agree with lots of things in this thread however there is way too much bitching.

If your coffee lid isn't on right, PUT IT ON PROPERLY yourself if you get unlucky with a below average worker. You're paying a buck and a half for you coffee, you have to expect that to happen every so often. Tim's is an economical coffee chioce.

If you want your lid on right, steamed the proper temperature and with soy milk, hit up a $5 Starbucks coffee.

I understand how big of a pain small things are (ex. lid etc.) but in the big scheme of things, who the fuck cares. It's not worth complaining and ranting about it.

The cream cheese thing. Honestly, our society is generally fat and there are more people out there that want an ice cream scoop of the crap rather than a normal amount. They tailor to the average customer and with you having a healthy tendency, you're not the average customer. I'll bet MORE people ask for DOUBLE cream cheese, than they do half cream cheese.

Bottom line...ask them to put half on.

I agree, I have been in many incidents of stupid/uncompetent Tim's workers but seriously, just leave if they're being dumb and go somewhere else.

Either put up with average/sub par service at Tim's or go somewhere else. There are lots of alternatives and although you'll pay a bit of a premium, you'll get what you want made right (ex. Cafe Beano, Good Earth, Starbucks etc.)

SteveMo600
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
You get what you pay for...end of story.

Bushy
10-25-2008, 09:41 PM
... I unfortunately worked for tims for 4 years, baker and manager. They are hiring from other countries to save money and keep up with staffing needs. Stay far away from the deer run tims, and the shawnessy is bad too. Worked at both, and refuse to eat from either after the things I saw :barf:

sdiep
10-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I just fucking hate people who order special sandwiches through drive thru. Then have 10 trays of coffee. GO INSIDE YOU FAT COWS.

Whoa, chill out.

GQBalla
10-31-2008, 08:07 PM
your probably one of them ^^

sdiep
10-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
your probably one of them ^^

Haha, I rarely go to Tim's.

ottamania
11-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I just got my regular on 58th SE Tim hortons. the coffe taste like shit. wtf are you doin when you are making a coffe. how hard it is to make one. Somebody train these ppl.

kaput
11-03-2008, 11:07 AM

jhmed
11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Often when t hey hand it to you there is nothing dripping down, but there is a little bit of iced cap around the rim that melts and then drips. Again not the fault of the worker.

Not true from every single experience I've had with Iced Caps. That shit is ALWAYS dripping down the sides. I understand that its a shitty cup design, and that part has 0% to do with the people, I agree... but I too worked in the fast food restaurant scene, and I worked retail for YEARS, and I did the little things (like wiping the sides of a cup when it was spilling) for the customer... Why? Because in the recession in the early 90's jobs weren't that easy to come by where I lived. I did a good job to KEEP my job.

It takes 5 seconds to wipe the cup for their customers when its dripping as much for them when they hand it to me as it does when I accept it.

Are some people douchebags? Absolutely. Those are the ones who deserve to have shit dripping down the sides of my cup. Hell I handed out my fair share of shitty product to people who are ass-hats back in the day... But the regular-folk who were polite and friendly got 100%+

Am I a douchebag? No... I know what I want when I arrive at the speaker. They ask me what I want, I order, thank them, have my card ready when I get to the window and I pay and leave. Period. I don't order my shit a special way, I don't order a billion things, I am just in and out and I'm ALWAYS polite and friendly.

Shit, come to think of it, maybe I am a douchebag... If your definition of a douchebag is: a customer who buys things and helps pay their wages.

The bottom line as I see it is: No one cares anymore. It doesn't matter if they are the drive-thru worker, a cashier at Wal-Mart, a waitress at Tony Roma's or a manager at Earls. The staff run the businesses nowadays... They know that there is a labor shortage in this province, and they just don't care... there is no discipline at the workplace anymore because both the staff and the management know that if they get fired, big deal! They can literally have a job by the next day making as much if not more.

The "Alberta Advantage" as I see it is that the workers can do a sub-par job-performance with minimal work-ethic and still make a salary that is way too high for the effort they put in.

I would have nothing to say when a Tim's worker made $15-18/hr... if they actually gave the good customer service they were getting paid to deliver...

xkon
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
agreed. Timmy's isnt worth the lineup... freaking drive thru traffic blockages!!!

Originally posted by Schwa
Is it so hard for you to stop going there?