PDA

View Full Version : looking for a manly-ish baby bag

03ozwhip
10-21-2008, 01:55 PM
ya i said manly-ish, none of this winnie the pooh shit or pink little daisies. i want something with machine guns on it. or something that is black and doesnt look like a bag that only a lady should be carrying. i dont know what the sex of the baby is yet, but it doesnt matter, there will be no pink involved if i have to carry it around. where can i find some decent bags maybe a brand name bag up to like 200 bucks or so.

Melinda
10-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Here you go!

http://www.diaperdude.com/

03ozwhip
10-21-2008, 02:11 PM
thanks!! my wife is also possibly looking for a brand name one, like diesel or gucci or something like that, would you happen to know where to find one? you seem like the all answers lady!

FLARE
10-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Holt Renfrew ^

I went to shop for my GF a month ago, they have a Coach bag, Gucci bag and LV bag.

frozenrice
10-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Who says it has to be an actual "baby" bag?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100066265&langId=-1&catalogId=10053

szw
10-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Ninja Diaper Bag
http://www.uncrate.com/men/style/bags/body-ninja-bag/

03ozwhip
10-21-2008, 02:37 PM
nice. thanks everyone.

Eleanor
10-21-2008, 02:39 PM
A diesel or gucci baby bag? :nut:

Tik-Tok
10-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Not that manly-ish, but contemporary humour at its finest

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/TykTauk/pedopoobag.jpg

TKRIS
10-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I thought the same thing before my daughter was born.
I'm glad I didn't spend a bunch of money on one, because I almost never carry it anywhere, and even when I do, it's just a plain gray wool bag. Sure, I'd look like a complete jackass if I was just walking around with one, but I think the kid is a pretty good tipoff that I'm not carrying a purse just so I have somewhere to keep my tampons.

Baby=Proven breeder.
Don't stress about your sexuality so much.
;)

van
10-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Just pick up any bag and call it a day, unless you want to be Pharrell..

http://www.bagsnob.com/images2007/pharrell_birkin.JPG

03ozwhip
10-21-2008, 03:14 PM
its more for the wife, but if i do have to carry it around, i dont want girlie stuff. something like a black bag is probably alright.

bobby_lu
10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
A diesel or gucci baby bag? :nut:

Come on now, this beyond, people wipe they're asses with Gucci Kleenex around here.:rolleyes: :banghead:

03ozwhip
10-21-2008, 03:19 PM
^^^haha, im not saying im rich because im not, but i do know how to save money and i know what i can afford. sometimes we like the good shit, sometimes its wal-mart, im sayin the good shit isnt ruled out.

projekz
10-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Congrats for the baby on the way!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Doozer
10-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
I thought the same thing before my daughter was born.
I'm glad I didn't spend a bunch of money on one, because I almost never carry it anywhere, and even when I do, it's just a plain gray wool bag. Sure, I'd look like a complete jackass if I was just walking around with one, but I think the kid is a pretty good tipoff that I'm not carrying a purse just so I have somewhere to keep my tampons.

Baby=Proven breeder.
Don't stress about your sexuality so much.
;) QFT - I barely carry our bag at all, and usually it's either attached to the stroller, or sitting by the front door when we're visiting people.

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
its more for the wife, but if i do have to carry it around, i dont want girlie stuff. something like a black bag is probably alright. In spite of my comments above, we got a nice plain black one at Bo Bebe in Crowfoot.... at least, I'm pretty sure that's where we got it.

For what it's worth, I'd stick with something that's actually designed to be a baby bag. There's a ton of useful pockets that you don't think about until you need them. Things like having a little hidden zipper pocket inside for keys, or a quick-access pocket on the outside to store the kid's sippy-cup. Plus most of them come with a change mat that you'll definitely use.

03ozwhip
10-21-2008, 03:53 PM
im all for easy and looking decent, i dont care what brand it is. thanks Projekz 15 weeks in!!

sCream
10-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Jack Spade, Holt carries it!

ExOz
10-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Seriously, as was mentioned above, who cares? it's a baby bag, maybe you're hiding something though....

Melinda
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
thanks!! my wife is also possibly looking for a brand name one, like diesel or gucci or something like that, would you happen to know where to find one? you seem like the all answers lady!
Haha no, can't help you there. I'm realistic enough to know that anything "baby" (and hell, anything NOT baby) is gonna get covered in some kind of bodily fluid on at least a few occasions. I dont think I could spend that kind of money on a bag that contains food/diapers and gets carried over the same shoulder that my baby would be spitting up on.

Our diaper bag was actually free. Nestle runs a program for expectant parents as part of their advertising campaign for their formula brand. They send you this black backpack/diaper bag that has a few goodies in it, including a can of their formula. But it's actually a pretty nice little bag, insulated like a cooler almost, decent size, can hook onto the stroller or be worn like a back pack and it has a change mat included and special pockets for mom/dad's keys and wallet and what not.

Here's a photo of the outside and the stuff that comes inside of it. I have other pictures of the other features if you want, just let me know. All you have to do to get one sent to you is have your wife shop at Thyme maternity. When she buys something, they ask her if she wants to fill out a ballot for a draw. Get her to do that and at the bottom of the sheet, it will ask her if she's interested in joining the nestle program (or something to that effect) if she checks yes and has put the proper address on there, one should arrive at your house within a few months.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Syryda/Bag1.jpg

JAYMEZ
10-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Went into Bo BeBe in westhills yesterday with my girl , they have some normal looking bags that I wouldnt care about carrying around. Pretty decent prices as well.

~Leah~
10-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Melinda, I have that same bag... I'm going to have to say good luck trying to fit everything you need in there! It's freakin small! If you can, good on ya, I could never fit all I needed in there lol.

JAYMEZ
10-21-2008, 09:43 PM
^^ LOL , im so glad no more diapers in the house! Hurray for potty training :thumbsup:

Melinda
10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
Melinda, I have that same bag... I'm going to have to say good luck trying to fit everything you need in there! It's freakin small! If you can, good on ya, I could never fit all I needed in there lol.
Meh I know of a few people who have made it work (they say it just forces them to bring only what they need), but I've had some mothers tell me it is too small for them. We'll see how it goes. If I need to get something bigger, I have no troubles doing so. Can't scoff at something free though lol, so if I can make it work, I will! If not, c'est la vie!

D. Dub
10-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Check oput Spec Ops swat and military stuff

http://www.specopsbrand.com/

Hey you said manly :D