PDA

View Full Version : Pointts (sp?)

DUBBED
09-19-2003, 08:26 AM
I recently got in and accident where i rear ended a truck and was charged with driving with undue care and attention. Under the circumstances i thought there was no hope in hell of me getting that charge reduced down to something a little less damaging to my driving record. I took my ticket to pointts, didnt even have to go to the court date, and i received a letter today saying that my fine was reduced down to Failure to drive in centre of the lane, and i have until december to pay the fine. Im willing to be that he almost got the whole ticket completely deleted but the court had to charged me with something to maintain fault!!

anyways in the future if you have ANY traffic violations take the to Peter Jobbins, he truely saved my ass and probably gave me a chance of being able to drive again in the spring!!

Ben
09-19-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
I recently got in and accident where i rear ended a truck and was charged with driving with undue care and attention. Under the circumstances i thought there was no hope in hell of me getting that charge reduced down to something a little less damaging to my driving record. I took my ticket to pointts, didnt even have to go to the court date, and i received a letter today saying that my fine was reduced down to Failure to drive in centre of the lane, and i have until december to pay the fine. Im willing to be that he almost got the whole ticket completely deleted but the court had to charged me with something to maintain fault!!

anyways in the future if you have ANY traffic violations take the to Peter Jobbins, he truely saved my ass and probably gave me a chance of being able to drive again in the spring!!

Peter saved my ass once before too, there are some things money cant buy, but for traffic fuck ups, there's Pointts.

Akagi Redsuns
09-19-2003, 08:52 AM
And people wonder how all those bad drivers stay on the road..........

Glad to know that if I have the $$$ I can get out of those tickets.

B17a
09-19-2003, 09:08 AM
So what'd it cost in the end? How much was the ticket to start ($$ and demerits) and what was the final $$ and demerits? Just to see what kind of value Pointts is.

Akagi Redsuns
09-19-2003, 09:12 AM
The savings in insurance rates alone would be worth the $$$ spent at Pointts I would think. "Driving with undue care and attention" would be brutal to have a insurance company see on your record....doesn't exactly scream "I am a good and safe driver" does it?

DUBBED
09-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by B17a
So what'd it cost in the end? How much was the ticket to start ($$ and demerits) and what was the final $$ and demerits? Just to see what kind of value Pointts is.

exactly... the ticket initially was $423 or something now it is $120... it cost me $260 for pointts services...

demerits were initially 6 and now are 2.... the biggest things is what insurance looks at... i was told the driving with undue care and attention is treated the same way as a dui... which would have destroyed my record!! definately worth the $260 if you ask me!! :thumbsup:

bart
09-19-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Peter saved my ass once before too, there are some things money cant buy, but for traffic fuck ups, there's Pointts.

in Poland last summer i got busted for going 20 over, i gave the cop some beer money and he let me go. that kind of thing is normal there, muahahaha. too bad its not here.

hjr
09-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by bart

in Poland last summer i got busted for going 20 over, i gave the cop some beer money and he let me go. that kind of thing is normal there, muahahaha. too bad its not here. so how does one solicite a bribe? was he just like ' da, i let u go if u give me american dollars'

bart
09-19-2003, 10:52 AM
well, i said, ok here you go sir, and gave him my alberta drivers license, he looks at it, and doesnt know what to do with it. since they dont get many out of towners like me. so he says ok. i say listen, i have $5 on me, i can give you that, and be on my way, or you can waste your time trying to figure out how to ticket me and waste more time sending the ticket to canada. he said, ok we didnt see each other, i gave him $5, he returned my drivers license, and i was on my way.

now for people who actually live there, they would pay more, and they would get a ticket, but it would be reduced on the spot, to something like a broken tail light. depending on how much you gave the cop.

corruption in the pd is a common thing there now. everyone knows about it, so everyone does it.

Weapon_R
09-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Speaking of corruption, the middle east countries are the worst. When I was in Beirut, I got pulled over for speeding. He asked to see my passport and international drivers licence. I dropped a $10 bill inside and gave it to him. He came back, told me to take it easy, and handed back my things. Needless to say, everything was there 'cept the money :)

They figure, if they gave me a ticket, they'd get no money out of it. If they take the money, they gain $10.

2.2vtec
09-19-2003, 11:24 AM
Peter is great!! He's my friends Dad:D

DUBBED
09-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
Peter is great!! He's my friends Dad:D

haha he was telling me about his son when i went in...

he said it was easy to sympathize with me because his son was in the same situation...

HB Infamous
09-20-2003, 12:01 AM

haha he was telling me about his son when i went in...

he said it was easy to sympathize with me because his son was in the same situation... I am his son & he saved my ass lots of times...Thank God that my Dad is a Traffic Lawyer....hahahaha

2.2vtec
09-20-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by HB Infamous
I am his son & he saved my ass lots of times...Thank God that my Dad is a Traffic Lawyer....hahahaha

ttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahha

AaronS13
09-20-2003, 10:01 AM
when i had a stop sign ticket, i simply went in, spoke with the prosecutor, and had the 3 points removed and had the fine reduced by 70 bucks.... and all i did is say hi! I guess if you have a bigger ticket, Points is the way, but with a smaller ticket, just take the time to speak with the prosecutor... worked well and cost me ZERO!

ninspeed
09-20-2003, 03:38 PM

I have the exact same story, but i hit a jeep liberty... peter took my undue and actually had it completly thrown out.. but i got re-served with the ticket. peter then got it reduced to no in center of lane....