PDA

View Full Version : Free 'The Hockey Theme' Ringtone from TSN/Molson Canadian

Stealth22
10-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry if this is a re-post..

TSN and Molson Canadian are giving away 10,000 ringtones of 'The Hockey Theme' for free...

Text HOCKEY to '665766'

I just did, and it worked on my highly-locked-down Telus phone. Only charges you'll incur are text-messaging (sent/received about 3 messages cause I wasn't a 'Molson insider'...apparently I am now, but I'll just get myself taken off if they send me anything..I get free incoming texts anyway) and whatever data charges you'll get for the download itself.

403ep3
10-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks, I just got it too!

jonnycat
10-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Wicked, thanks. :clap:

Dj_Stylz
10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
It says i became a insider and stuff, but how do i get the ring tone to download?

Stealth22
10-22-2008, 02:14 PM
It should just give it to you.

I texted the word HOCKEY to that number, it replies saying are you of legal age, I reply yes. It replies again saying 'you must be a Molson insider to receive a ringtone- to become an insider, reply now with INSIDER'. I did, and immediately I got a web alert message (like a SMS, but it comes in your web browser?). The phone opened my browser, and asked if I wanted to download this ringtone.

bwling
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Sweet, thanks for the tip!

Dj_Stylz
10-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22
It should just give it to you.

I texted the word HOCKEY to that number, it replies saying are you of legal age, I reply yes. It replies again saying 'you must be a Molson insider to receive a ringtone- to become an insider, reply now with INSIDER'. I did, and immediately I got a web alert message (like a SMS, but it comes in your web browser?). The phone opened my browser, and asked if I wanted to download this ringtone.

Haha after i got a text saying i became a insider nothing happened. :dunno:

jonnycat
10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
The ringtone comes in as as Browser message, not into your Message inbox. You should be able to find in your message folder.

Stealth22
10-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz

Haha after i got a text saying i became a insider nothing happened. :dunno:

Which of the Big Three are you with? Try opening your browser, see if theres a message folder in the browser menu or something

Or, check in your messaging menu..the first three options in that menu on my phone are Voicemail, Text, and Web Alerts. So try one of the two...or if you have free text-messaging, just try starting over

bulaian
10-23-2008, 10:53 AM
"Sorry we have given away all of today's tones - try again tomorrow"

:bullshit:

KRyn
10-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bulaian

I got the same thing! :(

Stealth22
10-23-2008, 11:40 AM

:thumbsdow

Well, they did say they're only giving away 10,000 of them, so maybe they limited it to a certain amount per day...if they run out, one of us should just hack our phone and get the mp3 file off of it :rofl:

ronaldo
10-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Stealth22

:thumbsdow

Well, they did say they're only giving away 10,000 of them, so maybe they limited it to a certain amount per day...if they run out, one of us should just hack our phone and get the mp3 file off of it :rofl:

do it:thumbsup:

Stealth22
10-23-2008, 01:50 PM
I haven't got the USB cable for mine, and I've even tried to transfer ringtones onto it via Bluetooth (even though I knew it wouldn't work)

bulaian
10-24-2008, 08:17 AM

So I try again today...

"Sorry but your device is not supported at this time"

:bullshit: :bullshit: :bullshit:

rinny
10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Make your own ringtones, send them to your phone via funformobile.com!

rinny
10-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Or just sample ringtones on websites, go into your internet temp files, save the one you just listened to, and then send it to your phone via funformobile.com