PDA

View Full Version : Lunchour Cop pullover (rant)

semograd
10-22-2008, 02:21 PM
So i was driving home for lunch this afternoon. Next thing you know I realize that I just drove by a radar cop and he was clearly telling me to stop. OOPS, my bad so as im pulling over i look in the rear view mirror and see him running to his car. But then he saw me pull over so he motioned me to back up.

So he walks up to the car and this is the conversation we had:

cop- thinkin of runnin from me?
me- no... I just wasnt paying attention sorry. (and this was my bad, i felt stupid about it)
cop- do you want a seat belt ticket because your wearin it like a girl?
me- No, I had surgery on my shoulder a few months back and Im not even supposed to be wearing a seat belt.
cop- Why were you speeding?
me- I wanted to get home on my lunch break and you cough me while trying to pass someone. Sorry.
cop- I appreciate the honesty (sarcasm), you were doing 86 in a 70 zone bla bla bla heres your ticket.

I would now like to comment on the conversation:

1) I work downtown, dress in a fucking monkey suit and I get asked if I was tempted to run from a cop giving me a speeding ticket? Sorry officer, thanks for the compliment but im not as hardcore/on edge as I look...

2)Did you just call me a girl? Or are you telling me that all girls normally wear their seat belts under their armpits?
As i stated above I am not supposed to wear a seat belt right now because of my recent shoulder surgery (and have a doctors note to exempt me from that type of ticket), but I still consider myself a safe person so i disobey my doctor and do the best i can so I don't accidentally die but I guess my behavior is that of a womans...

3) I was being honest. :cry:

I am not one to bash cops for doing their jobs like a lot of people do and I admit that I got pulled over for something i was doing incorrectly but PLEASE!!! Officer Smallcock doesn't have to say stupid shit to justify all those idiots that hate cops to do just that. Good job Officer Smallcock for maintaining the cop stereotype that most of your colleagues are trying to shed and good job for doing it while being such a sexist douch! IF your going to to a job and expect not to be hated for it PLEASE DO IT IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER. Dont just say whatever you have seen officers say in law and order,csi, etc... Just because you have a badge doesn't mean you can say anything regardless of the consequences!

I work for the government and approve road, sewer and utility projects. If I had to regect a proposal from a private firm and told them its because they designed it like a bunch of girls then my superior would probably have a few things to say to me about my future with the government.

SAME SHOULD GO FOR OFFICER SMALLCOCK! he works for the government, he should be professional and courteous (under reasonable conditions) or he should be fired.

2EFNFAST
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
You should have ran :thumbsup:

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry about your luck, but this:

Originally posted by semograd
As i stated above I am not supposed to wear a seat belt right now because of my recent shoulder surgery (and have a doctors note to exempt me from that type of ticket),

is complete bullshit.
Maybe you did have surgery, and maybe you're not supposed to wear a seatbelt, but your doctor doesn't have the authority to write you a letter exempting you from traffic laws (stupid as that law may be).

semograd
10-22-2008, 02:27 PM
^^I have fought it in court before and won, if he felt that i was bullshitting him on that fact then he probably would have ticketed me for it also...

SJW
10-22-2008, 02:27 PM
This is what im going to do next time I get pulled over.

COP: DO YOU KNOW YOU WERE DOING 86 IN A 70 ZONE?
ME: NO I WASN'T
COP: I HAVE IT ON MY RADAR
ME : I WASN'T SPEEDING
COP: I HAVE IT ON MY FUCKING RADAR
ME: I WASN'T SPEEDING YOUR GEAR IS WRONG

I'm going to go on and on and on until he's furious.

I know damn well they're going to give me a ticket so i'm going to make his/her shift as miserable as possible.

Canmorite
10-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SJW

I know damn well they're going to give me a ticket so i'm going to make his/herft as miserable as possible.

Hahaha :rofl:

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 02:29 PM
You went into court and the judge decided that doctors are allowed to overule traffic laws? Or you had the ticket thrown out by the CP?

I'm not saying you're bullshitting anyone. I'm just saying that, as far as I know, doctors don't get to decide who has to abide by traffic laws.
In other words, I'm sure he told you not to wear a shoulder strap, but he's not legally able to tell you that you can drive a car without one.

semograd
10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
^You went into court and the judge decided that doctors are allowed to overule traffic laws? Or you had the ticket thrown out by the CP?

I went to court and The judge overruled it. He said the cop should not have even ticketed me for it in the first place.

ae92gts
10-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by SJW

I know damn well they're going to give me a ticket so i'm going to make his/her shift as miserable as possible.

Possible reason why cops are assholes...... yet so tempting :rofl:

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 02:34 PM

I went to court and The judge overruled it. He said the cop should not have even ticketed me for it in the first place.

Thats odd, however I have to ask...
If you in fact were not supposed to wear a seatbelt like your doctor said, and got into a car accident that left you hurt or disabled, would you blame your doctor for this?

nonlinear
10-22-2008, 02:36 PM
wow, sounds like he's either having a relly bad day or is just a complete prickhead.

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 02:37 PM

I suspect you got lucky and hit a sympathetic judge on a good day. I'll have to look into it a bit though.
IMS, medical conditions can be grounds for exemption in certain instances, but a doctors note wouldn't qualify. The exemption would have to be applied for and approved by all related governing bodies. That would likely include either the police, or someone from transport at the very least.

ercchry
10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
i think the grammar police will be giving you a ticket soon too

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

If you in fact were not supposed to wear a seatbelt like your doctor said, and got into a car accident that left you hurt or disabled, would you blame your doctor for this?

Exactly.
Not only is the doctor greatly overstepping his jurisdiction, but he's opening himself up to a massive potential for liability and malpractice by doing this.

jazzyb
10-22-2008, 02:43 PM
i thinkt he cop was a prick, could have just given you a ticket and b'n on his way

semograd
10-22-2008, 02:43 PM

No because my doctor was the one who fixed my arm in the first place, This is the dilemma:

If im wearing a seatbelt and i have to hit the brakes the seatbelt will ruin the surgery.

If im not wearing a seatbelt and I actually get in an accident, well then I might go through the windshield...

Clearly those 2 options are both undesirable to me so i make due bu slipping it under my shoulder. I know its not the safest but at least I know my shoulder is safer and so is my life.

But its not like I was in a heated debate with the officer about the details of my surgery. I could give a fuck if he gave me the seatbelt ticket(even thought he didn't so my arguement obviously made sence to him), it is his behavior that I had problems with.

eb0i
10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
You should have offered him a Snickers bar. He might have been happier after that.

semograd
10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
i think the grammar police will be giving you a ticket soon too :whocares:

Toms-SC
10-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Just shut up and run next time. All of these ticket threads are the same. Just fucking run and make it more interesting.

semograd
10-22-2008, 02:48 PM
You went into court and the judge decided that doctors are allowed to overule traffic laws? Or you had the ticket thrown out by the CP?

I'm not saying you're bullshitting anyone. I'm just saying that, as far as I know, doctors don't get to decide who has to abide by traffic laws.
In other words, I'm sure he told you not to wear a shoulder strap, but he's not legally able to tell you that you can drive a car without one.

Maybe the judge also went through shoulder surgery ;)

adam c
10-22-2008, 02:49 PM

No because my doctor was the one who fixed my arm in the first place, This is the dilemma:

If im wearing a seatbelt and i have to hit the brakes the seatbelt will ruin the surgery.

If im not wearing a seatbelt and I actually get in an accident, well then I might go through the windshield...

Clearly those 2 options are both undesirable to me so i make due bu slipping it under my shoulder. I know its not the safest but at least I know my shoulder is safer and so is my life.

But its not like I was in a heated debate with the officer about the details of my surgery. I could give a fuck if he gave me the seatbelt ticket(even thought he didn't so my arguement obviously made sence to him), it is his behavior that I had problems with.

why would he give you a seat belt ticket? you were wearing it

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 02:49 PM

Maybe the judge also went through shoulder surgery ;)

Haha.
Fair enough.
;)

semograd
10-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I guess they can give you a ticket for wearing it improperly .

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 03:01 PM

Really? hmmm ok, lets see.
If you wear your seatbelt properly and get into an accident, sure the seatbelt will cause some damage to your shoulder, however it will prevent your ass from flying through the windshield.

If you wear the seatbelt improperly, and have it tucked under your armpit, do you think in case of an accident that its going to save your shoulder from even more damage when you slam your torso against your steering wheel?

I could be wrong, maybe im just thinking about this too much :dunno:

SJW
10-22-2008, 03:02 PM
I think the underlying tone here is, is that being a traffic cop is a shitty job so i'm going to make it shittier .............YOU HEAR THAT CPS?

semograd
10-22-2008, 03:07 PM
^^^ Ya but if i wore it properly, every time the car would have to abruptly stop (which happens fairly often) the integrity of of my shoulder would be compromised.

After waiting for 2 years to get my destroyed shoulder fixed the last thing I want to do is compromise its ability to heal properly.

kutt3r
10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Not saying anyone is right or wrong here, just adding to the conversation....

My uncle had shoulder surgery and got the same thing from the doctor. Got pulled over for no seat belt, talked to the cop, showed him the note, cop was fine with it and let him go.

Not saying it was right or wrong or legal, but in his experience it worked for him.

Boosted Gtir
10-22-2008, 03:09 PM
umm if your doctor says you shouldn't wear a seatbelt doesn't that mean you shouldn't drive?

I mean ya you got to get to work and shit but im pretty sure if you shouldn't be wearing a seatbelt you should't drive.

Is there an add some where thats says come onto beyond to cry about every ticket you get?

Xtrema
Originally posted by SJW

http://www.hyscience.com/Cuffed%20Asian%20man.jpg

BlueGoblin
Wearing your seatbelt under your armpit is extremely dangerous.

If you need to keep your seatbelt off your shoulder for medical reasons, then place the shoulder strap behind you completely and wear it like a lap belt only.

Your ribs are not made to absorb the forces that a seatbelt will transmit in a crash and will break. Your heart is very very close to the ribs under your left arm and is very prone to damage from broken ribs in that area.

I have seen autopsy photos of a woman who had been in a fairly minor crash with her seatbelt under her arm like that; her ribs caved in instantly. Her aorta separated from her heart and ended up near her clavicle.

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 03:10 PM
^^^ Ya but if i wore it properly, every time the car would have to abruptly stop (which happens fairly often)

ok, you just gotta learn how to use your brakes properly then :D

semograd
10-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BlueGoblin
Wearing your seatbelt under your armpit is extremely dangerous.

If you need to keep your seatbelt off your shoulder for medical reasons, then place the shoulder strap behind you completely and wear it like a lap belt only.

Your ribs are not made to absorb the forces that a seatbelt will transmit in a crash and will break. Your heart is very very close to the ribs under your left arm and is very prone to damage from broken ribs in that area.

I have seen autopsy photos of a woman who had been in a fairly minor crash with her seatbelt under her arm like that; her ribs caved in instantly. Her aorta separated from her heart and ended up near her clavicle.

I drive a god damn RHD so i dunno if my heart will be affected. But Thanks for the advice I will defenetly take it to heart.:thumbsup:

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 03:16 PM

I drive a god damn RHD so i dunno if my heart will be affected. But Thanks for the advice I will defenetly take it to heart.:thumbsup:

Haha.
This thread isn't going how you expected is it.

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 03:18 PM

:facepalm:

semograd
10-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Boosted Gtir
umm if your doctor says you shouldn't wear a seatbelt doesn't that mean you shouldn't drive?

I mean ya you got to get to work and shit but im pretty sure if you shouldn't be wearing a seatbelt you should't drive.

Is there an add some where thats says come onto beyond to cry about every ticket you get?

First off: No it doesn't. If it meant that it would also mean that i shouldn't travel in a car period and I cant spend the next 6 months afraid of vehicles.

Second off: I need to drive to get to work or else I don't make money and I will be unable to support myself. But you would not understand that because you live with your parents and they provide you food,warmth, an allowance and diapers..

And third: Fuck You.

semograd
10-22-2008, 03:24 PM

Haha.
This thread isn't going how you expected is it.

LOL not at all...

:facepalm:

Dont judge me:rolleyes:

ae92gts
10-22-2008, 03:25 PM

Haha.
This thread isn't going how you expected is it. :werd:

rc2002
10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I drive a god damn RHD

This all makes sense now.

semograd
10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
^lol i hate you guys:cry:

Boosted Gtir
10-22-2008, 03:28 PM
lol this awesome

your crying about a ticket you deserve and your gonna say im in diapers hahaha

:poosie:

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 03:28 PM

First off: No it doesn't. If it meant that it would also mean that i shouldn't travel in a car period and I cant spend the next 6 months afraid of vehicles.

You don't know much about cars do you?

Second off: I need to drive to get to work or else I don't make money and I will be unable to support myself. But you would not understand that because you live with your parents and they provide you food,warmth, an allowance and diapers..

You don't know much about buses or trains do you?

And third: Fuck You.

And there it is.

That'll show them what a mature grown up you are.:rofl: :rofl:

^lol i hate you guys:cry:

All in good fun. ;)

SJW
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Here's what you do. Build up 14 demerits like me. Then make the speed limit and cruise control your friend.

DONE.

semograd
10-22-2008, 03:33 PM

You don't know much about cars do you?

You don't know much about buses or trains do you?

And there it is.

That'll show them what a mature grown up you are.:rofl: :rofl:

All in good fun. ;)

No, No, :banghead: and:werd:

semograd
10-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Boosted Gtir
lol this awesome

your crying about a ticket you deserve and your gonna say im in diapers hahaha

The ticket is not what my rant was about. No where in my first post did i complain that i had to pay 147$ for a speeding ticket. I admitted that I was speeding and that I deserved it.

Im just going to ignore you from now on.

Xtrema
10-22-2008, 03:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Recca168/Forums/hah.jpg

semograd
10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
HAHAHA

Xtrema your a king among men.

GREENBOY
10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Don't speed and you'll never have to worry about cops giving you shit.

Boosted Gtir
10-22-2008, 03:52 PM
If you think about it; if for so reason I did have some sort of injury where i couldn't wear a seatbelt wouldn't that be more of a reason to not speed?

In the end you know if you get pulled over for whatever reason your gonna have to explain the whole situation out and hope the police officer belives you.

So :thumbsdow to the OP for being a dumbass

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Maybe if you stop speeding, this will help you brake properly and not abruptly as you mentioned, in return you'll be able to wear your seat belt properly thus avoiding injury to your shoulder and being called a woman by a cop...oh and getting a ticket for it :poosie:

DayGlow
10-22-2008, 04:05 PM
outside of the cop being a prick I don't understand this seatbelt thing. If the force of firm braking is enough to damage your shoulder, even if you don't have your belt on you would have brace to absorb the force and the potential to cause damage would be just as high?

kenny
10-22-2008, 04:09 PM
^^^ Ya but if i wore it properly, every time the car would have to abruptly stop (which happens fairly often) the integrity of of my shoulder would be compromised.

:rofl: Stop following so close and you wont need to stop abruptly.

semograd
10-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Maybe if you stop speeding, this will help you brake properly and not abruptly as you mentioned, in return you'll be able to wear your seat belt properly thus avoiding injury to your shoulder and being called a woman by a cop...oh and getting a ticket for it :poosie:

I never got a ticket for wearing my seat belt improperly.

Im not trying to convince anyone that I was wrongfully accused of anything. If i switched roles with the cop of course I would have given him a ticket for speeding, but I would not have been a dick about it. I would have been courteous and professional like 95% of the other police on the force that have ticketed me in the past.

ZorroAMG
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Dayglow, can they issue tickets for wearing a seatbelt like he described?

On the ticket:

Violation: Wore seatbelt like a woman

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 04:17 PM
I would have been courteous and professional like 95% of the other police on the force that have ticketed me in the past.

Haven't learned your lesson then, have ya?

lol just kidding! :D :devil:

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
^By 'it" she likely meant the speeding ticket.
And quit being such a butthurt little wheener.
So the cop hurt your precious little feelings with his "woman" comment. Get over it. If that's the worst someone's ever called you, you're doing pretty good for yourself. Goat fucker. ;)

Some cops are assholes. And water is still wet. I don't create a new thread everytime I need to refill my glass.

Some cops also have to deal with prissy little bitches and assholes all day. Maybe there's a corresponding thread over on blueline.ca
:D

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 04:22 PM
^ I should have been more specific, but yes thats what i meant.
Thanks TKRIS :)

semograd
10-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
outside of the cop being a prick I don't understand this seatbelt thing. If the force of firm braking is enough to damage your shoulder, even if you don't have your belt on you would have brace to absorb the force and the potential to cause damage would be just as high?

I completely agree with that statement, Thats why I tried my best to make a compromise between wearing a seat belt and not having it cover my shoulder.

Right after my surgery every action I made with my arm hurt. And it took a while to overcome instinct. For example if I accidentally slipped a bit on my floor the normal reaction is to throw your arms in the air to try and balance yourself. Well in my case that simple action would put me to bed for about 2 days because of the horrible pain that would ensue. This also goes for holding onto a steering wheel I would have to learn not to brace myself with the affected arm if anything happened.

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 04:26 PM

I completely agree with that statement, Thats why I tried my best to make a compromise between wearing a seat belt and not having it cover my shoulder.

Right after my surgery every action I made with my arm hurt. And it took a while to overcome instinct. For example if I accidentally slipped a bit on my floor the normal reaction is to throw your arms in the air to try and balance yourself. Well in my case that simple action would put me to bed for about 2 days because of the horrible pain that would ensue. This also goes for holding onto a steering wheel I would have to learn not to brace myself with the affected arm if anything happened.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your shoulder.

By the sounds of it you should have somebody driving you to work instead of sitting behind a wheel in a state like that.

semograd
10-22-2008, 04:32 PM
^By 'it" she likely meant the speeding ticket.
And quit being such a butthurt little wheener.
So the cop hurt your precious little feelings with his "woman" comment. Get over it. If that's the worst someone's ever called you, you're doing pretty good for yourself. Goat fucker. ;)

Some cops are assholes. And water is still wet. I don't create a new thread everytime I need to refill my glass.

Some cops also have to deal with prissy little bitches and assholes all day. Maybe there's a corresponding thread over on blueline.ca
:D

Did you Just call me a goat fucker?

New thread: TKRIS is a prick (rant)

Body: So im ranting about how this cop did ME wrong (I know, can you believe it?) during the lunch hour when some argumentative member of beyond starts cutting into me about every little detail of my thread and completely misses the point im trying to get across.

Then he has the nerve to call ME, Yes ladies and gentlemen... he calls yours truly a goat fucker!?!

How unprofessional!

JK dude:thumbsup:

TKRIS
10-22-2008, 04:35 PM
New thread: TKRIS is a prick (rant)

I'm sure everyone is absolutely shocked.

:thumbsup:

bwling
10-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Out of curiosity, I am assuming that your right shoulder is the one that's injured? So if you drove a LHD, then wouldn't that solve your problem?

semograd
10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
yes

Eleanor
10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by bwling
Out of curiosity, I am assuming that your right shoulder is the one that's injured? So if you drove a LHD, then wouldn't that solve your problem?

yes
:rofl:

liquidboi69
10-22-2008, 04:42 PM

Not to be a jerk tho... Take Public Transit? its not the doctor's responsibility for you to get to work. IT IS YOUR responsibility, so saying you cannot wear a seat belt is sort of an ignorant comment to say you are in the clear.

EDIT: My bad... someone mentioned it back on page 3

Boosted Gtir
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
his whole being is ignorant

97'Scort
10-22-2008, 05:42 PM
I accidently the whole seatbelt.

JRSC00LUDE
10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
i think the grammar police will be giving you a ticket soon too

For what? Lack of proper puncuation? Perhaps something like not using a period at the end of a sentence?

semograd
10-22-2008, 05:57 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your shoulder.

By the sounds of it you should have somebody driving you to work instead of sitting behind a wheel in a state like that.

I completely destroyed it in a judo tournament, they pretty much had to reattach every ligament, tenant and muscle. I tried to resist an arm lock and first my collarbone popped out then my shoulder shortly followed.

Its actually not bad anymore. Its only 2 more weeks until everything is back to normal, but in the mean time can I catch a ride with you?;) :love: :love:

dannie
10-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Wow.... look at all the hate :rolleyes:

While the doctor is not above the law and most think that the doc shouldn't be allowed to write a note like that, I disagree. Take airports for example. If a person has a metal plate in their head, a doctors letter is all that they are required to produce to get on a plane. It would excuse the metal detector. Why would this situation be any different? The comment about wearing the strap behind the back is a great one. That was the best advice that the OP received during all of this.

The OP shouldnt have been speeding. Thats a given. But the cop didnt need to be ignorant. He could have easily just given the ticket and sent the OP on his way.

LadyLuck
10-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Its actually not bad anymore. Its only 2 more weeks until everything is back to normal, but in the mean time can I catch a ride with you?;) :love: :love:

Oh sure you can, but it'll cost ya! ;)

kaput
10-22-2008, 09:19 PM

97'Scort
10-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh sure you can, but it'll cost ya! ;)
She bats for the other team, boys :rofl:

Grogador
10-22-2008, 10:30 PM
me- no... I just wasnt paying attention sorry. (and this was my bad, i felt stupid about it)

Don't tell a cop that, they can probably ding you with another ticket for it. Also, you whine like a woman, so Constable Smallcock might've had it right :banghead:

semograd
10-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort

She bats for the other team, boys :rofl:

I think I can handle that

LadyLuck
10-23-2008, 08:43 AM

I think I can handle that

We'll you DO wear your seatbelt like a woman...so there's a start :poosie:

ianmcc
10-23-2008, 08:54 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/02ztsian/MrTVlxUrDeuxypxiBHUTcjdBo1_400.jpg

Pollywog
10-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by SJW
Here's what you do. Build up 14 demerits like me. Then make the speed limit and cruise control your friend.

DONE.

Whenever I bring up cruise control and going the speed limit on this forum, I get flamed out the ass - but by using the same technique for the last two years I have gotten ZERO speeding tickets, feel a lot less stressed while/after driving, and just chill out and enjoy the cruise (which takes generally the same amount of time from a-to-b as driving like an asshole does).

Someone also gave me crap for using cruise on the deerfoot (who would think, on a highway..*Aleks) and claimed I'm more dangerous than anyone else. I guess he didn't factor in that I never am riding anyones ass, am in complete view of you, and am not going at an excessive rate of speed. I just hate it when some of you fucktards whizzing by at 130 are almost taking off my mirrors.

Maybe if people understood that if we all went 100 on the deerfoot, merging, exits, passing, and general traffic flow would be a lot smoother. Its all of you excited shits behind the wheel who cause the "Gas. Brake. Gas. Brake" phenomenon on deerfoot, zipping up as much empty road space ahead of you as possible when traffic budges forward 10 ft. Smooth flow is what will get us to work faster and safer, not turning the deerfoot into a free for all.

Back on topic to the op: If your story is accurate, I agree - the cop was over-the-line rude. But rather than fester about it, I'd instead forget about it and move on.

SJW
10-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I do 100 km/h on deer foot and just laugh at the morons whizzin by me weaving in and out.

Everyone in this city is in a hurry to get no where.

I drive a huge vehicle so I don't "feel" as vulnerable.

My "14" demerits came to me whilst riding my motorcycle. The cops feel i have a "speeding" problem.

Eleanor
10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
puncuation?
Punctuation? ;)

SJW
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Punctuation? ;)
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN

semograd
10-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog

But rather than fester about it, I'd instead forget about it and move on.

Ya I was just pissed when It happened, im cool now:thumbsup:

semograd
10-23-2008, 09:45 AM

We'll you DO wear your seatbelt like a woman...so there's a start :poosie:

Awsome :D , I wonder what else we have in common...

Boosted Gtir
10-23-2008, 09:58 AM
you both have pussies

Kona9
10-23-2008, 10:24 AM

I completely destroyed it in a judo tournament, they pretty much had to reattach every ligament, tenant and muscle. I tried to resist an arm lock and first my collarbone popped out then my shoulder shortly followed.

So you are a Landlord, and during your little judo session your tenants were injured as well? Must have been quite the arm lock!

You wouldn't be in this situation if you could find one of those super rare LHD cars they have available here in North America. Or learned how to not speed. Whichever.

Learn the difference between being a problem solver, rather than a problem starter, and you may never hear a cop call you a girl again. Just throwin' it out there.

nonlinear
10-23-2008, 10:44 AM
regardless of how he was wearing his seatbelt, there is no excuse for a police officer to act like this. this guy sounds like one of those power tripping assholes that give cops everywhere a bad name.

you should have asked for him badge number and wrote a complaint letter to the police chief.

JRSC00LUDE
10-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Punctuation? ;)

Hey! I never claimed to be the spelling police you bastard. :rofl:

Originally posted by SJW

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN

And you.....

Well, you win this one good sir. :D

Stunt66
10-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear
you should have asked for him badge number and wrote a complaint letter to the police chief.

The cop could have shot him then tazed him after he was unconscious and i'll bet the cop still would have been right. There's no point in arguing with CPS.

liquidboi69
10-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by dannie
Wow.... look at all the hate :rolleyes:

While the doctor is not above the law and most think that the doc shouldn't be allowed to write a note like that, I disagree. Take airports for example. If a person has a metal plate in their head, a doctors letter is all that they are required to produce to get on a plane. It would excuse the metal detector. Why would this situation be any different? The comment about wearing the strap behind the back is a great one. That was the best advice that the OP received during all of this.

The OP shouldnt have been speeding. Thats a given. But the cop didnt need to be ignorant. He could have easily just given the ticket and sent the OP on his way.

Once again, another bad comparison. Metal detectors are to search for concealed metal objects that might be taken on the plane to harm people. Therefore a metal plate in your head is going to STAY in your head, and is generally not accepted as a weapon.

While this guy has a torn shoulder, and should be in no condition to drive, and should take responsibility in taking public transit or arranging transportation for himself.

Therefore your argument is very flawed. FAIL.

EDIT: Like everyone also said, the cop should not of conducted this situation in this manner. The choice of words he used was unnecessary.

semograd
10-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I am able to drive just fine... Like I previously posted, its only 2 weeks till I can wear a seat belt normally again.

I don't know why everyone insists on being so caught up in the whole seat belt matter. He was going to ticket me for it until I explained to him why I could not wear it properly. The cop left it at that.

Originally posted by nonlinear
regardless of how he was wearing his seatbelt, there is no excuse for a police officer to act like this. this guy sounds like one of those power tripping assholes that give cops everywhere a bad name.

This is the point I was trying to get across. If you work for a professional organization then you should act that way at all times. Of course the cops have to bust peoples chops every now and then, but they should not be doing it while making the criminal scream uncle.

Stunt66
10-23-2008, 11:57 AM
What's your badge number JRSC00LUDE? i'm reporting your ass to your boss. You're gonna be correcting typo's on a typewriter with that white strip once i'm done with you.

canuckcarguy
10-24-2008, 02:12 AM
The cop sounds like a douche. But I'm wondering if the OP drives a stick? Which would mean steering with that bum arm...