PDA

View Full Version : Dishonest salesman @ T and T Honda

06civic
10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
So my friend's mom was at T and T Honda dealing with a salesman name John. She was trying to buy a 2008 Accord V6. John guy showed her a i4 accord and signed the paper and was about to see financial manager

She doesn't know anything about cars so my friend came down to look at it. My friend's mom thought it felt slow when she test drove it. He asked him many times and john kept insisting its a v6

Friend: "Is this v6?"
Salesman: Yes.
Friend: "How come it doesn't say V6 on it?"
Salesman:Its a V6!
Friend: "How come its a 2.4L"
Salesman: Thats the V6 engine

Somemore random questions, he just keeps saying lets go back its getting dark, refusing to answer anymore questions

WE finally talk to the business manager and she confirms its the i4 not the v6.

Right now they are offering her a better deal if they take the i4 but they want the v6 and they are looking for one now. Didnt see the salesman anymore. So she didnt lose anything because she didnt put a dep yet.

Basically I think its pretty pathetic for a salesman to lie to a lady that doesnt know anything about cars. Just wanna get the word out in case some ppl on here have parents that dont know anything about cars. Make sure you go with them so they wont meet scum like this John.

08twsi
10-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by 06civic
So my friend's mom was at T and T Honda dealing with a salesman name John. She was trying to buy a 2008 Accord V6. John guy showed her a i4 accord and signed the paper and was about to see financial manager

She doesn't know anything about cars so my friend came down to look at it. My friend thought it felt slow when he test drove it. He asked him many times and john kept insisting its a v6

Friend: "Is this v6?"
Salesman: Yes.
Friend: "How come it doesn't say V6 on it?"
Salesman:Its a V6!
Friend: "How come its a 2.4L"
Salesman: Thats the V6 engine

Somemore random questions, he just keeps saying lets go back its getting dark, refusing to answer anymore questions

WE finally talk to the business manager and she confirms its the i4 not the v6.

Right now they are offering her a better deal if they take the i4 but they want the v6 and they are looking for one now. Didnt see the salesman anymore. So she didnt lose anything because she didnt put a dep yet.

Basically I think its pretty pathetic for a salesman to lie to a lady that doesnt know anything about cars. Just wanna get the word out in case some ppl on here have parents that dont know anything about cars. Make sure you go with them so they wont meet scum like this John.

That is Ridicules!!! I am a sales Consultant for Calgary Honda and have hered some stories about this John Guy. Come see me and I'll take care of her.

adam c
10-22-2008, 11:16 PM
my mom just picked up a 09 Si from Calgary Honda

i was there to help her the whole way, she's glad i was there

Sorath
10-22-2008, 11:18 PM
hey man, i appologise on behalf of t and t honda. Not exactly sure what went down but i saw you guys in greg's office earlier on. i was the asian guy in the preowned department. But if you have any problems or questions please let me know on how i can help you further. you can pm me here if you'd like

08twsi
Sweet! Who did she buy it from?

Cooked Rice
Deal with Kasem (sorath) instead. But don't bring kids.

Sorath
Originally posted by 08twsi

That is Ridicules!!! I am a sales Consultant for Calgary Honda and have hered some stories about this John Guy. Come see me and I'll take care of her.

really now... cause john has only been with us for 2 weeks.

adam c
10-22-2008, 11:20 PM
i don't want to dump on T&T but when i was there on saturday, i got such dirty looks from everyone there... nobody would say hi, help me, or even make a gesture to come over to where i was, let alone eye contact

went to calgary honda, got greeted the second i walked in there, asked by 5 different people if i needed help even though my mom was looking

Sweet! Who did she buy it from?

Ryan

---
thing i didn't like though was the service department, some bitchy lady there!

06civic
10-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks for extra help. Gonna see what they are willing to do first. Kinda lost faith with TandT honda and their pathetic sales tactics.

06civic
10-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Should have went to see Sorath, hear good things about him around this forum

08twsi
10-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

really now... cause john has only been with us for 2 weeks.

Really Really, Just happened Monday or Tuesday. Im not here to attack anyone from another dealership (Kasem) It was a simple statement of what I know and put me out there if they needed help.

gpomp
10-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by adam c
i don't want to dump on T&T but when i was there on saturday, i got such dirty looks from everyone there... nobody would say hi, help me, or even make a gesture to come over to where i was, let alone eye contact i never get any help at honda dealerships either, though i think acura is worse in this regard.
if it weren't for sorath, i wouldn't be driving a honda.

08twsi
10-22-2008, 11:26 PM
does she live in the city? I saw a nice Dyno Blue Pearl Go out today that Ryan Delivered.
4dr with Winters.

adam c
10-22-2008, 11:27 PM
does she live in the city? I saw a nice Dyno Blue Pearl Go out today that Ryan Delivered.
4dr with Winters.

no she's picking it up friday, the white si in the show room

08twsi
10-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Very nice. Did she accessorize it at all? I drive an 08 Si White coupe and Love it. Shes gonna love hers!

06civic
10-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
i never get any help at honda dealerships either, though i think acura is worse in this regard.

When i went to Northwest Acura they wouldnt even let me negotiate price until i show them ID. I just said if you wont take me seriously then dont waste my time, and walked towards the door. Then he came chasing and offered me a price. I was too disgusted to deal with them further

adam c
10-22-2008, 11:31 PM
whatever is on the one in the showroom is what she's getting, tint is all i can remember

i asked her if we could trade cars and she laughed at me, said my car is too big for her to drive, but i'm allowed to drive hers sometimes

08twsi
10-22-2008, 11:33 PM

When i went to Northwest Acura they wouldnt even let me negotiate price until i show them ID. I just said if you wont take me seriously then dont waste my time, and walked towards the door. Then he came chasing and offered me a price. I was too disgusted to deal with them further

Rightfully so! I can't believe some people think they can sell cars buy some of the stories you hear.
I went to Ford with a friend and they wouldn't even show us the price of the vehicle. Only monthly. It was Retarded!

08twsi
10-22-2008, 11:34 PM
What is it you drive adam c?

adam c
10-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Mazda 6s GT

08twsi
10-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Nice

FiveFreshFish
10-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Could have saved a lot of frustration by popping open the hood.

nbaker00
10-22-2008, 11:41 PM
We sold it to him :D
Nice car!

06civic
10-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Could have saved a lot of frustration by popping open the hood.

They did, salesman insisted 2.4l was a v6.

adam c
10-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00
We sold it to him :D
Nice car!

that you did :thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
10-22-2008, 11:49 PM

They did, salesman insisted 2.4l was a v6.

At that point, they should have insisted on dealing with someone else. What a dumbass salesman.

bluetek
10-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Sales consultants, Is that what there calling car salesman now adays? I swear I could have thought it was "product advisors". :D

mikey008
10-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Everyone is gonna have some sort of a "BAD experience" at a dealership in there life! It's funny how you would always hear about a BAD experience, but rarely hear about the good!

Sorry to hear the John Lied about something pretty obvious!

adam c
10-23-2008, 12:03 AM
I've always had bad experiences at T&T honda
(i was there with my friend who picked up a car and had one salesman try and tell me the SiR was faster than my GSR, i laughed at him and walked away)
i've been a few times and never have i been helped once, i had to buy parts there for my old integra and they gave me the wrong stuff

I posted good stuff about Calgary Honda, been there twice now and it's been good (sales side anyways) service side not so great

Mazda (across from Calgary Honda) has been great to me aswell

SDS has been great to me too

so no, not all bad stuff

Xtrema
10-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

At that point, they should have insisted on dealing with someone else. What a dumbass salesman.

Not every buyer is informed or like to be informed. They just want an appliance that looks ok.

A friend of mine (female) walked into T&T this time last year and walked out of it with a 07 Accord V6 SE. Paid MSRP which to me is fucking nuts. 08 already hit the road by that time.

As for salesmen go, I will say that 1/2 will BS people to close deals and those guys you'll see either shuffling around dealership in town or won't last very long. Most don't know the products they are selling, especially used car sales.

bignerd
10-23-2008, 12:09 AM
I tried to deal on an Element with T&T and they were unable to entertain my offer, same as Crowfoot. Really now, Elements are not big sellers and it was the middle of 08 already with 09's on the way. I went to Honda West and they didn't even blink an eye, even brought my car in from another city for free.

Plus at T&T they always insist on going on the test drive with you.

sneek
10-23-2008, 12:38 AM
I guess I got a sweet special 8th gen accord if the 2.4L is a V6...I must have an 8...
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/sneeky_munkey/IMG_0208-1.jpg

Xtrema: I think that it is your friends fault she paid MRSP, she should have looked into the whole process of buying a car more. I am pretty sure if you don't ask/bargin they will sell you a car at pretty much any dealership for MRSP.

EDIT: there is a really good guy that worked at T&T, I think his name was Kent, good guy, but I am not sure of how good of a salesman he was, I was interested in buying the car, and he kind of walked away after the test drive. At least he knew the car well.

zarge
10-23-2008, 01:27 AM

Did you goto english in elementary/junior high?

2002civic
10-23-2008, 06:02 AM

another lying car salesman:rolleyes:

Masked Bandit
10-23-2008, 06:39 AM
I think part of the problem is less than honest sales people but also many of these people don't know the first damn thing about cars / trucks. I shouldn't be able to walk into a dealership and know more about the cars than the staff do (and I'm not a huge car nut).

Casa
10-23-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Not every buyer is informed or like to be informed. They just want an appliance that looks ok.

A friend of mine (female) walked into T&T this time last year and walked out of it with a 07 Accord V6 SE. Paid MSRP which to me is fucking nuts. 08 already hit the road by that time.

As for salesmen go, I will say that 1/2 will BS people to close deals and those guys you'll see either shuffling around dealership in town or won't last very long. Most don't know the products they are selling, especially used car sales.

this is so true, haha at the dealerships i've worked with, there's been so many traveling salesmen who really don't have any car knowledge.

06civic
10-23-2008, 09:16 AM
It is true that some salesmen know much and lie to close deal....(hmmmm sounds familiar) but when you try to sell a lower model car to a customer while saying its the higher model makes it a gross misrepresentation. Something that i would expect GofFC to do not TandT

bbrannan
10-23-2008, 09:23 AM
i've always dealt with Govan at TandT and he has always jumped through hoops for me. and when times came that he couldn't jump through anymore hoops without risking his job...i went straight up to Izzie to get things fixed.

MikeAg
10-23-2008, 09:24 AM
or maybe he just didnt know his stuff

89s1
10-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by bbrannan
i've always dealt with Govan at TandT and he has always jumped through hoops for me. and when times came that he couldn't jump through anymore hoops without risking his job...i went straight up to Izzie to get things fixed.

You make it sound like you had quite a few problems with your T&T experience also.

Moe Man
10-23-2008, 09:40 AM
The reason why salemen at T&T are idiots is because anyone that knows how to say "hi" and "car" can work as a salesmen. Its a joke!

I used to work for them and the first thing they did is hand you a 3 page inventory. I was like what the hell! how unprofessional is it to start to flip through papers when someone asks the year of a car. I told the manager that these salesmen should know the year, make and KM of every vehicle.

My stay was very short, and now i am at a dealership with about 90 cars and i know every detail about every car.

BTW: Govan is a good guy if you insist on buying from T&T.

J@Tuner
10-23-2008, 09:41 AM
Go see Kyle Anderson @ T&T if your looking for new cars, tell him Jay @ Tunerworks sent you and he will be more than glad to help anyone out.

adam c
10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
it's pretty bad when you go to a place and tell them so and so sent you, just so you can get service, or decent service at that

J@Tuner
10-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Well you don't have to say it was me, He's just a personal freind so it makes me look good. Go find him and he'll still be glad to help you out!

Weapon_R
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Everytime I've gone to T&T, Sorath has been very good to us and I have no hesitation recommending people to him. If you want a great experience, send him a PM first. Patient and reasonable when it comes to negotiations...he almost makes you believe that he's trying to get you a good deal :poosie:

The_Rural_Juror
10-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by J@Tuner
Well you don't have to say it was me, He's just a personal freind so it makes me look good. Go find him and he'll still be glad to help you out!

Kyle said that you would give me mad discounts on some rimzzz. Srsly.

adam c
10-23-2008, 09:57 AM
that's the thing though, if i go car shopping i don't want to have to find someone to help me, i want them to be fighting over the sale and for my attention...

i'm dropping how many G's on a new car and yet nobody can even take a second to acknowledge my existence?

signature7
10-23-2008, 10:10 AM
I've purchased two cars in less than a year at t&t, both times were good in my perspective.

The first time I bought my Civic though I had tinting problems but they handed me over to a new different salesman and in his attempt to rectify things, he failed miserably. His name is John as well. I had to talk to Izzie to get things fixed, but that's pretty much the only instance I really had a problem with.

CLiVE
10-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Went to T&T with my sister when she purchased a pre-owned Odyssey. No issues with the sales people, they took the time to let us test drive several vehicles, and negotiating was fairly easy.

The only issue was that the second set of keys they gave her wasn't for her vehicle....and they have yet to track down the right set to this day. She's left with one key, and a second set that doesn't work. :dunno:

08twsi
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by zarge

LOL. You people are retarded. You try to pick arguments for no reason at all. It's a forum not an exam. I don't need proper punctuation or grammer or even spelling for that matter to get my MSG across. And then dude about another lying salesman?!? WTF. Where in that statement would represent a lie??? Grow up.

J@Tuner
10-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

Kyle said that you would give me mad discounts on some rimzzz. Srsly.

Sure can half off double the price :thumbsup:

bobby_lu
10-23-2008, 11:58 AM

I don't need proper punctuation or grammer or even spelling for that matter to get my MSG across.

lawl:nut:

nj2Type-S
10-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by mikey008
Everyone is gonna have some sort of a "BAD experience" at a dealership in there life! It's funny how you would always hear about a BAD experience, but rarely hear about the good!

Sorry to hear the John Lied about something pretty obvious!

:werd:

my parents got their cr-v from mike and i'm going to refer all my friends to this dude if they want to deal w/ calgary honda. i seriously hate the service department at calgary honda, though! lol...but i think that applies to most dealerships.

as for acura having worse service, i've picked up 2 cars from silverhill and both times, i've dealt with rick chandler at sales. awesome guy, for sure! the service department is really nice and polite but i just try not to get my car serviced there at all, lol.

Hakkola
10-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
...he almost makes you believe that he's trying to get you a good deal :poosie:

You must have a little sister or something. :rofl:

stevieo
10-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

You must have a little sister or something. :rofl:

2!:love:
haha but they are too old for sorath.

The_Rural_Juror
10-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

2!:love:
haha but they are too old for sorath.

= perfect age for everyone else on here? (j/k)

shadowz
10-23-2008, 02:16 PM

LOL. You people are retarded.

Lol you're trying to sell cars here on beyond and calling people retarded?? Good luck buddy. Whats your name so I dont buy a Fit from you:thumbsdow

max_boost
10-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Everytime I've gone to T&T, Sorath has been very good to us and I have no hesitation recommending people to him. If you want a great experience, send him a PM first. Patient and reasonable when it comes to negotiations...he almost makes you believe that he's trying to get you a good deal :poosie:

Originally posted by gpomp
i never get any help at honda dealerships either, though i think acura is worse in this regard.

Straight up. Go see Sorath. He'll tell you what you need to know. No bs.

JRSC00LUDE
10-23-2008, 02:23 PM
never mind.....:dunno:

The_Rural_Juror
10-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
never mind.....:dunno:

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

:rofl: :rofl:

mikey008
10-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S

my parents got their cr-v from mike and i'm going to refer all my friends to this dude if they want to deal w/ calgary honda. i seriously hate the service department at calgary honda, though! lol...but i think that applies to most dealerships.

as for acura having worse service, i've picked up 2 cars from silverhill and both times, i've dealt with rick chandler at sales. awesome guy, for sure! the service department is really nice and polite but i just try not to get my car serviced there at all, lol.

Damn this is gonna be a hate forum against sales people!

But thanks Nelson, you and your parents made it easy for me to help out. Sorry I couldn't help you with your sister though!

08twsi
10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

Lol you're trying to sell cars here on beyond and calling people retarded?? Good luck buddy. Whats your name so I dont buy a Fit from you:thumbsdow

Sorry Shadowz. That MSG was for Zarge as quoted.

As for 2002civic, you dont even know me and your calling me a liar... Whos post was right under Zarge. There are to many haters here that just try to make them selves feel good by putting others down and as you may know I have just been defending myself. if you read the thread.

I joined Beyond to meet, chat, and enjoy talking about interests with others. Not this!

jsn
10-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by zarge

When you're commenting about someone's spelling/grammer, maybe you should check yours first. You cannot "go to" english. English is not a destination. :rolleyes:

But yea, that's pretty shitty how the salesman lied about something as major as that. I wonder if they would have charged her the price for the v6 if she actually went through with the sale.

treg50
10-23-2008, 04:27 PM
^ A salesman "jumping through hoops" for a customer is a good thing for the customer.

mikey008
10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by jsn

When you're commenting about someone's spelling/grammer, maybe you should check yours first. You cannot "go to" english. English is not a destination. :rolleyes:

:drama: :eek:

signature7
10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
Grammar

nj2Type-S
10-23-2008, 04:53 PM

Damn this is gonna be a hate forum against sales people!

But thanks Nelson, you and your parents made it easy for me to help out. Sorry I couldn't help you with your sister though!

lol, np! it was worth the shot! she's gotta build her credit somehow. we're trying to get her started w/ a suzuki sx4 or something but i've been too busy to go w/ her.

once my wife gets to drive, the rdx is hers and i'll be heading over there to pick up a honda fit, hahah......seriously....lol, the rdx is such a gas guzzler!

mikey008
10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

Buy one from me...I'm Mike Hoang! haha

adam c
10-23-2008, 05:04 PM
^^ were you there on saturday?

btw you know a girl named Ann?

nbaker00
10-23-2008, 06:17 PM

we're trying to get her started w/ a suzuki sx4 or something but i've been too busy to go w/ her.

Oh sweet:thumbsup:
Good choice man:)

We can always do what we talked about before?

nj2Type-S
10-23-2008, 06:51 PM
^yeah, norman..my dad's been bugging me to go w/ my sister to your guys' dealership for the past 3 weeks now but i just haven't found time....i'll let you know ahead of time when i find time to go w/ her, lol.

edit: i think she already applied online a couple of weeks back but no reply. i'll double check w/ her later to make sure, man.

nbaker00
10-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Ok Pm me when you find out and I will make sure.

adam c
10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
nelson, i'll take your sister man

mikey008
10-23-2008, 08:39 PM
^^ were you there on saturday?

btw you know a girl named Ann?

I was there Saturday! In fact every Saturday......what is Ann's last name?

lol, np! it was worth the shot! she's gotta build her credit somehow. we're trying to get her started w/ a suzuki sx4 or something but i've been too busy to go w/ her.

once my wife gets to drive, the rdx is hers and i'll be heading over there to pick up a honda fit, hahah......seriously....lol, the rdx is such a gas guzzler!

Haha...well you were saying that your wife really wants the RDX...so you gotta make her happy right! lol Sweet looking ride though.....

adam c
10-23-2008, 09:21 PM

I was there Saturday! In fact every Saturday......what is Ann's last name?

ok i saw you then

her last name is the same as yours

nj2Type-S
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
nelson, i'll take your sister man

NEVER!!!! haha :thumbsdow

adam c
10-23-2008, 09:35 PM

NEVER!!!! haha :thumbsdow

dude come on man, u can trust me, im gonna be a dad soon

08twsi
10-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Buy one from me...I'm Mike Hoang! haha
Mike you Sleeze.

PETEY100
01-01-2009, 11:34 PM
James at Crowfoot Honda(sold me my 08 FIT) is a nice and honest salesman but their service dept sucks, they used a grinder on my rotors to de-glaze them and put large gouges into them and did not want to take responsibility (they did after I went balistic in their store).
Caesar at T&T Honda has sold my Mother in law 5 cars ,always with great service and just sold me an 08 Element. Gave me a great deal, almost unbelievable deal . I have been in the sales industry for 21 years and I do feel I know what I am doing when it comes to sales and when somebody is jerking my chain. Caesar is not a young boy who wears shiny 2bit suits and calls potential clients names on public forums , however he has been T&T Hondas top salesman for 04/05/06/07/08 and you do not get there by giving bad service. Now as for their F&I dept , they could use some guidance on service.
Thats my 2 bits of info for all of you, now judging how this thread has gone some of y'all are going to insult me. :)

ABteg00
01-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Went to Stampede Toyota to look at the Prius

Where i encountered the worst sales person i have ever seen. First he came up and did the whole small talk thing. So after i told him im looking for a prius and he said he doesn't have any and there is a 2 year waiting list.

Another sales person heard him say that and told him they infact have a prius IN the show room.

So we were checking out the car and he....

1. Didn't know how to unlock it
2. didn't know how to put the key in
3. didn't know ANY of the options
4. didn't know how to prop the hood open
5. didn't know the cost (until he asked another sales person)
6. quoted me the msrp of a new prius even tho it was used.
7. to try and find out which options it had he went to the Toyota website and clicked the build a car option to try and find out. (HAHA)
8. had no idea what the screen in the dash does

So I gave him my card and told him to call me the next day before 12. He didn't call.

So went to LoneStar and picked up a new b200.

I can't remember the sales guys name right now, But its the same as a Cuban cigar, You will know it when you hear it

Graham_A_M
01-02-2009, 01:29 AM
^Cohiba? Romeo & Julliet? :dunno:

EK 2.0
01-02-2009, 01:31 AM
Montecristo??

Eleanor
01-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ABteg00
1. Didn't know how to unlock it
2. didn't know how to put the key in
4. didn't know how to prop the hood open
Sounds like a typical Toyota driver :rofl: :D

The Cosworth
01-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Dealerships in this city suck.

- Big 4 on Macleod trail wouldnt talk to anyone. My wife and I went in looking for a jeep out of curiosity for her and no sales guy would talk to us. Figured maybe they were busy or something and as we were poking around in the Ram a family walked in and the sales guys were almost tripping over each other to help them. I would have at least appreciated a hi.

- T&T has been really hit and miss. The only good service I have gotten was from Sorath. There was a M3 Cab on the lot that I really liked and Sorath was busy with another customer so an older white guy (this was in the summer) asked to help me. I asked to see the interior because he didnt know the KM and he told me he couldnt find the keys and walked inside.

- Hyatt Infinity, no one came to talk to me when I was wandering around a used G35 except to ask me to move my car from in front of the dealership :nut:

- Oddly the Saturn dealer in the Automall is really good.

- Hyatt Mitsu I had an awful experience but talked to a manager there and he made things much better. I recommend them now.

- The South BMW, I was recommended to an asian dude who is maybe 30 and drives a 5 series. Nice guy, great help too, now if I could remember his name I would recommend him.

- Lonestar Mercedes. Not a single person talked to us.

- Platinum Mitsu, tried to get railroaded on an Evo so I went to Hyatt (see above)

- North BMW, wont stop sending me emails now. :banghead:

I dont want to deal with sales people anymore :cry:

Toms-SC
01-02-2009, 10:46 AM
If you are not in a rush just wait! There will be better deals in the coming months. :goflames:

4doorj
01-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
If you are not in a rush just wait! There will be better deals in the coming months. :goflames:
Im looking for a new vehicle.
Why do you think there will be better deals?
Wondering if I should wait.

Toms-SC
01-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 4doorj

Im looking for a new vehicle.
Why do you think there will be better deals?
Wondering if I should wait.

The market is continuing to slow down. Nothing is going to heal itself over night. I would expect more/better cash incentives from all parties, not just the big 3.

06civic
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Did anyone else have a problem when they were at crowfoot honda. They wouldn't even tell me what they can offer me until i put a deposit down.

Me - So what can you offer me?

Salesman - Ok, we can discuss that right away. Let me just get paperworks ready for your deposit.

Me - Why am I giving you a deposit when iam asking you if you can give me a deal?

Salesman - I dont like to call it a deposit. I prefer to call it a prepayment.

Me - Is it refundable?
Salesman - No

Me - Soo......if i dont like your deal i can't get my deposit back.
Salesman - No its non-refundable. But dont worry Ill give you a good deal

4doorj
01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Did anyone else have a problem when they were at crowfoot honda. They wouldn't even tell me what they can offer me until i put a deposit down.

Salesman - Ok, we can discuss that right away. Let me just get paperworks ready for your deposit.

Me - Why am I giving you a deposit when iam asking you if you can give me a deal?

Me - Is it refundable?
Salesman - No

I hate deposits! I always hear bad stories about it. I never put the $500 deposits anymore. I just tell them I was planning to just look and have no money with me. And if they take me seriously I will buy the car from them. Every time I tell them I don't have money to put down, they still do the paper work for me. And I usually end up buying the car from them anyways.
But I really only go to look for cars when I'm ready to buy one.

Sorath
01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
wth jason, ur worse than me LOL

Mckenzie
01-02-2009, 12:01 PM
I had a miserable experience at Calgary Honda- I just got the greasy manager trying to slime me into a deposit before working a deal, giving me availability on the car I wanted or even approving me for financing...it was an absolute joke actually.

Sorath took care of me at TT Honda and I would not hesitate to go back there. I got a great price on the exact car I wanted and he really worked hard to get everything sorted out for me in terms of financing, pricing, extras, etc.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for TT Honda.

(However the parts manager there is kind of a rude knob). :dunno:

Wildcat
01-02-2009, 12:06 PM

Me - Is it refundable?
Salesman - No

This is how the conversation would've gone had i been in your shoes;

Me - I'm not interested in paying a deposit, what can you offer me?

Me - Is your prepayment refundable?

Salesman - No

Me - Ok, bye.

Salesman - Waaaahhhhh

italianunit
01-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
I had a miserable experience at Calgary Honda- I just got the greasy manager trying to slime me into a deposit before working a deal, giving me availability on the car I wanted or even approving me for financing...it was an absolute joke actually.

Sorath took care of me at TT Honda and I would not hesitate to go back there. I got a great price on the exact car I wanted and he really worked hard to get everything sorted out for me in terms of financing, pricing, extras, etc.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for TT Honda.

(However the parts manager there is kind of a rude knob). :dunno:

My experience was great...
Last December I bought my 08 Civic from them. we came to a deal, I told them I would pick it up on Sat- went to the business office, did the paperwork... then they wanted a deposit- I told them I will be there at 11am to pick up the car, I will get the insurance and what not done by thursday.

No problems... Sorry your experience was not good...

italianunit
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM

I feel the same about Calgary Honda...

Their Service department fucking blows... I have one more free oil change that I got off their Christmas tree last Christmas when I got my car- after that I am going else where for service.

I have brought my car there for all the services- about 5 times now... and each time I shake my head when I leave...

If you are waiting for your car at the dealership- don't hold your breath... I was there over an hour after my car was done, and nobody came to let me know... i was in the cyber cafe doing some work on my laptop... I went to the counter to see if it was done, and they told me it was done an hour ago... when i asked why i wasnt called she said "Thats not my job"
I looked at my work order- and on the top with a bunch of stars was "Please call, as customer is waiting 403-xxx-xxxx"

I felt like slapping the bitch.

ecstasy_civic
01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
My wife and I purchased our 08 Si from Sorath and will be purchasing another vehicle from him in the Spring/Summer.

Every experience I have had with T&T has been good except the Service Dept. They dont return phone calls.

Other than that, every single sales person from Toyota, Acura and Nissan were either clueless when it came to the car or they were BEYOND pushy with their sales.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for T&T

PETEY100
01-04-2009, 08:20 AM
I will say there are some genuine jerks on car lots but alot of you must remember that these guy are trying to make a living and they do not get an hourly income and if you look sixteen dreaming about a car chances are they will not help you. Now as for the lazy order taking salesman , they should all go back to working at McDonalds soon with the tighter times and then car lots will become an ok place to go to since only real salesman will survive this recession.

The Cosworth
01-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by PETEY100
I will say there are some genuine jerks on car lots but alot of you must remember that these guy are trying to make a living and they do not get an hourly income and if you look sixteen dreaming about a car chances are they will not help you. Now as for the lazy order taking salesman , they should all go back to working at McDonalds soon with the tighter times and then car lots will become an ok place to go to since only real salesman will survive this recession.

I agree, but most of the people posting in this thread are 25 - 30 and are already on their second or third new cars.

The economy has made salesman in calgary lazy as fuck. They didnt have to fight over business.

Perhaps next time I go to the dealership I will take a pool cue and let two fight to the death for my sale.

PETEY100
01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by The Cosworth

I agree, but most of the people posting in this thread are 25 - 30 and are already on their second or third new cars.

The economy has made salesman in calgary lazy as fuck. They didnt have to fight over business.

Perhaps next time I go to the dealership I will take a pool cue and let two fight to the death for my sale.

As a professional salesman I have to agree with you,since I moved to Canada seven years ago I have been flat out blown away with the level of service I have recieved on the local car lots. I found the hardest thing was getting to a dealer when they were open! Closed early on fridays closed early on saturdays not open on sundays and if you go in the evening during the week half of the time there would be nobody in F&I or in the sales office. I have purchased way too many cars in my life and I expect to be treated as I treat my clients. As I said before , Mcdonalds will be getting all their staff back and maybe dealers will be hiring salesman and other support staff that care how I feel as a customer.