PDA

View Full Version : Iron Gym

semograd
10-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Does anyone have one of these?

If so can you buy in town and how well do they work?

bigbadboss101
10-26-2008, 08:34 AM
I saw that on TV. Looks good, no screwing. Only thing is it would work if the frame is strong and that it wouldn't go thru the drywall? I want a chin up bar and dont feel like drilling holes etc. Someone let us know how it works.

Mixalot27
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
Well I don't know about the Iron Gym specifically. However I did buy something similar from Walmart last year. This is the type chinup bar which just "sits" on a doorframe without any permanent mounting? The one I got from Walmart was called "Power Gym" or something like that and was around $30- $40. I live in a newer place and it didn't seem to me like it fit the door frames very well (not thick enough moldings around my doors). It seemed to work alright as long as you kept a perfectly vertical form when chinning. If you get at a bit of angle at all or start rocking a bit, then it would fall off the door frame, which could potential be dangerous if your not expecting it. It might be alright if your a 140lb dude or something but if your bigger I wouldn't trust it.

In the end I wasn't impressed with the product. I ended up returning it and buying a used free standing Dip/chin rack from the bargain finder for $80. I think if you don't want to spend much money you are better off buying the cheap $10 - 20 model that actually screws to the door frame. If you don't want to mount anything to your door then a freestanding one would be your best option. The product your talking about imo is probably not very safe and should only be used as a last resort.

JAYMEZ
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
:werd: , pick one up at Walmart , no screws needed , works wonders :thumbsup: