PDA

View Full Version : PS2 problem...

CRXguy
09-19-2003, 03:51 PM
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else before. My system now refuses to load up certain games that I put in. On my old games with the blue underside, it'll load up, but not the newer ones.

I've had this since the first day it came out, which is 4 years now?

Thanks!

max_boost
09-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Same thing happened to my PS2. Put it upright and clean the rear fan by blowing into it. The accumulation of dust over the years has contributed to it malfunctioning! At least that's what my little brother did.

Ben
09-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Sell you my playstation, bought it at a boxing day sale and used less than 10 hours, still in the box, haha

CRXguy
09-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Same thing happened to my PS2. Put it upright and clean the rear fan by blowing into it. The accumulation of dust over the years has contributed to it malfunctioning! At least that's what my little brother did.

That's what I've been doing the last couple days. No go man! :rofl:

Originally posted by Ben
Sell you my playstation, bought it at a boxing day sale and used less than 10 hours, still in the box, haha

I might have to take you up on this offer!

Zephyr
09-20-2003, 09:22 PM
yea there is a problem with the first playstation 2s when they came out, something with certain disks cant work. i remember sony found out that problem and offered ppl to send theirs back to be updated or replaced.

ninjak84
09-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Is there any harm in using a vacuum to try and clean dust from the fan?

I'm not sure, andI don't want to break anything.

lammer
09-20-2003, 11:57 PM
you hae to like recalibrate your laser thing.
me and my cousin did it to his ps2 cause he bought it when it first came out, we can't play nhl 2003 with out it freezing or not loading up so we took the sucker a part and he calibrated it somehow then we played haha. it loads up gamse but its sorta slow.

Davetronz
09-21-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Is there any harm in using a vacuum to try and clean dust from the fan?

I'm not sure, andI don't want to break anything.
NEVER used a vacuum on electronic equipment. Vacuums are havens for ESD.
My reccomendation is to pick up a good old can of compressed air.

ninjak84
09-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
My reccomendation is to pick up a good old can of compressed air.

Won't this just blow the dust into another place inside the system though?

desipwr
09-23-2003, 02:23 PM
i'll buy it broken if you want to sell it

lammer
09-23-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

Won't this just blow the dust into another place inside the system though?

blow from one side to another.
left to right.

eur0
09-23-2003, 03:45 PM
i ran into that problem, it ended up being a problem with the laser so i took it into a sony store and they charged me $130 to send it to TO to fix, kind of a pain but oh well. I tried cold air and nothing worked, it pretty much didnt want to load up any blue backed cd's

roopi
09-23-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by lammer

blow from one side to another.
left to right.

yes left to right. awwww that feels gooooood. :rofl:

DJ Lazy
09-26-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Ben

How much??

ConceptAccord
10-02-2003, 09:25 PM
its the old ones that were out from when it came out to when the newer models came in, the system is bugged.........

04blackMAX
10-02-2003, 09:36 PM
heres what u do, go to walmart buy a new one, put your old one one the box, say you cant get it to work on your TV, done new ps2 for you

jdmakkord
10-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
heres what u do, go to walmart buy a new one, put your old one one the box, say you cant get it to work on your TV, done new ps2 for you

I pulled that scam with diskman's all the way through jr and sr high!!!!:rofl: And I wondered why consumers distributers went out of business!

MerfBall
10-03-2003, 07:51 AM

Walmart is extremely strict on console returns now. They have signs all over the video game sections stating their policy on returns and exchanges on opened consoles. Basically you can't return a console once seal is broken, exchange only.

You can also buy replacement lasers (and a mod chip) from this place www.foundmy.com I believe they are located in edmonton.

Sean7
10-03-2003, 08:17 AM
Same kind of thing happend to my old PS2. It wouldn't play ps1 games and was very picky about newer games. I took it in to some game shop just across the street to the north of chinook center, and the guy there told me that countless ps2's have the same problem. They plain and simply just wear out. I traded in my old 1 for like $100 bucks and paid the difference for a new 1 with a 4 year warranty.

My advice is to get a new one.

CRXguy
10-03-2003, 11:46 AM

Yeah, shit works! :rofl:

Originally posted by jdmakkord

I pulled that scam with diskman's all the way through jr and sr high!!!!:rofl: And I wondered why consumers distributers went out of business!

That place brings back memories!

-APEX-
10-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Not sure if this has happened to anyone else before. My system now refuses to load up certain games that I put in. On my old games with the blue underside, it'll load up, but not the newer ones.

I've had this since the first day it came out, which is 4 years now?

Thanks!

yea mine was the excat oppsite played every thing but blue ones reall weird and then i took it in its like something in the wireing sometimes its a cheap fix it's like 10-45 bucks depending

/////AMG
10-04-2003, 03:33 PM
I got a game an dit freezes after i play it for a while, i blew at the disc and put it in ant it worked but said there is an error on the disc, could it be the scratch? cause there is quite a big one on there, dunno how t gon on it.

bosa
10-05-2003, 10:08 AM
I am also having some problems with my PS2.. Every single Playstation game that I have which is like 13, it always says for them, "disc read error". :thumbsdow

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with my PS2? Maybe I need a new lens or something.