PDA

View Full Version : 225 45 17 will they fit on the front?

mr.double
10-24-2008, 08:15 AM
i was wondering if a 225 45 17 will fit on the front of an mr2 without rubbing? i have coilovers so i can lift it up. has anyone had these on ?

sh0ko
10-24-2008, 12:43 PM
not sure on ur coilover setup but im pretty damn sure thats gonna require a fender roll...bt whats your wheel offset?! that plays a significant part

i believe the max amount with a +35 offset on ur wheels is 215/40/17 ... i barely get clearance with that

mr.double
10-24-2008, 04:10 PM
I have apex n1 pro coilers im not sure of the offset either. how do i check that? i dont think there is much of an offset the rims are flat across the face of them. i got 215 40 17 in the front right now they are pretty close to the coilsovers on the inside. i think ill just take the tires into a tire shop get 1 put on and see what happens.

sh0ko
10-26-2008, 12:40 AM
^ how can u not tell what offset on your rims are?! ... just by looking at them wont exactly do the job

its as simple as takingyour wheel off and reading whats imprinted/stamped/engraved behind ur wheels... and i think with that setup u will require a fender roll

go to mr2oc.com and go to the wheel thread of "what works and what dosent"... shows diff suspension + wheel + tire setups and what requires roll and wat dosent

jvillain
10-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Sh0ko is right we need to know the off set on your rims.

I can tell you 225 race tires on the front with a 17 x7 +40 rim needed an inch of spacers to clear my front coilovers. Now race tires are usually wider than street tires by 1/2" to 1". So it might not be that bad. But in either case you will most likely be right at the fender or sticking out. In my case I had to jack up the front end a bit and then I stuck out about 3/4"

215 khumo 710s on the same wheels are real tight with 10mm of spacer on. BTW that is a 40 profile and not 45. And full lock will generate some rubbing.

One thing that helps is push the tops of your coilovers all the way in and then use crash bolts to set your camber. I have written about it a few times if you want to search for it.