PDA

View Full Version : Bumper side marker??

COb
10-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Hey, I got a '08 GTI, i replaced the bumper side markers to crystal clear. Now they are not flashing(they are all off) when i turn left or right, they are only turned on when i turn on the lights at night. Are they supposed to be like that or i broke any thing?:banghead: :banghead:

rage2
10-24-2008, 03:07 PM
They're reflectors, not signal lights.

GTI CANADIAN
10-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Where did you get the side markers? Concept 1?

What color is your GTI? Where did you buy? How much was final Invoice.

Mine is Reflex Silver, 2 DR, 6MT. I bought it mid July, and am pushing 13K Km's.

I added the Dogbone Mount insert and the New South Boost Gauge.

Next summer will be CAI, APR stage 1, exhaust, drop and 19's. If we aren't in a Grapes of Wrath style depression by then.

I think I'll get it all installed at Calgary BMW! :guns:

COb
10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Yes, I got them from Concept 1, and my is White in color from NorthLand VW, 4 dr, 6MT, only 11K on it.

How the boost Gauge works for your GTI? Does any mechanical change will avoid warranty?

wow, next summer will be the most enjoyable summer for you, dude.

COb
10-24-2008, 03:29 PM
by the way, why you let BMW do your mods, do they do a better job then VW?

GTI CANADIAN
10-24-2008, 03:33 PM
The gauge is good to have....more so for noticing anything wrong with the car. Common thing to go wrong on the earlier MKV's where the Diverter Valve, and the PCV valve....you would notice boost pressure differences from normal.

Warranty is a long discussion. Basically it's like this: Mods allow for the dealers to refuse warranty work on your vehicle, that being said, if a dealer does warranty work, VWOA pays for it.

The dealer has to prove that the Modification caused the problem for which the warranty work will cover.

So, If you put on a Cold Air Intake, and a wheel bearing explodes, how can one possibly connect the 2 in denying a warranty claim.

If you Reflash your ECU and the Motor Explodes, they'll blame the chip.

Basically the rule of thumb is if your can't afford to lose a warranty, don't mod. But if you can find a mod-friendly dealer...mod away. Or when something breaks that can be covered under warranty, have the parts around to return it to stock.

Check out the MKV forums

COb
10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Thanks, man, i think it's time for me to save up some money for my GTI, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yah, one more thing, do you know a software called vag-com that can modify the electronic control system of the car? have you ever tried that or do you know any shop can do this kind of modifications? I heard this software from my friend and i checked out their website, it's only $250 for CD and cable. I thinking to get it and try it with my car.:D :D

GTI CANADIAN
10-24-2008, 03:49 PM
There is a calgary club www.eurodrivers.ca A few of the boys on that site have VAG-COM. There are quite a few things you can do with it. Ie. Ever notice the the inner headlights on the GTI never work? They are used in Europe for Flash to Pass, you can enable them with VAG-COM

I'm gonna get it soon enough, but at the moment, I'm so strapped for cash I can barely afford gas.

I'm a Vagitarian

COb
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM
with vag-com, i just wanna disable the DRL, and find a way to install LED light strip somewhere in the front. look at the last pic from this site http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3697173 , you will know what i mean.