PDA

View Full Version : Empwronline Ebay seminar scam, Here in Calgary today and tomorrow

minui
10-24-2008, 04:19 PM
So against my better judgment I attended a "Free" eBay seminar thinking it would be on tips for ebaying. so anyways long story short, it was just a pitch to get people to join their network marketing business, and trust me they make it sound really really good.
They actually want you to "Invest" $4000 making you think you'll make it back instantly, right away I went home to look up this company some more cause I knew something was up. Turns out Empwronline is also known as Clickincome and they've been scamming people since 2004 from 4-20 Thousand dollars.

You can find out more Info Here
http://forums.smallbusinesscomputing.com/showthread.php?t=757

What really bothers me is that there were about 30 people at the seminar this morning, and 4 people signed up right away and I think about 8 people ended up forking over $4000 of their hard earned money to these scammers.
Tomorrow (oct 25) they have another seminar at Delta South Hotel at 9am and they expect up to 100 people to be there.
Something's gotta be done to prevent more calgarians from being scammed by these assholes, but I don't know where to start other than posting here for advice.

just so everyone knows I in no way got scammed by these people, I'm just trying to prevent more Canadians from being scammed, because This really kind old man (65ish) that was sitting behind me, got scammed $4000 this morning and probably won't know it until a month from now, and that is just really disturbing to me that these people can do that to others.

BTW this thread isn't for people who's gonna jump on here saying these people are suckers and if they're dumb enough to be scammed they they deserve it blah blah blah.
I just can't morally sit here knowing there are gonna be a bunch of people scammed a lot of money tomorrow morning and not do anything about it.

Jlude
10-24-2008, 04:42 PM
you can do what one guy on that site did... print out a sheet of paper explaining these guys and hand it out to everyone walking into the seminar.

canadian_hustla
10-24-2008, 07:10 PM
good read and good to know.

minui
10-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Just want all beyonders to know, if you signed up on friday GET OUT, and if you're planning to attend on Saturday DON'T GO.