PDA

View Full Version : Impark fiasco

GingeRRRBeef
09-19-2003, 09:20 PM
Ok ok, I know that I don't necessarily need to pay impark tickets. They sent me a bunch of letters saying that I owe them such and such. Today, I get two different letters from two different places saying that I owe them the same amount of dollars.

Letter #1:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
City Collection Company Ltd. (Cal)
P.O. Box 4820, Stn. Terminal
Vancouver, BC V6B 6P4
Telephone: 1-888-856-5577

The amount on this Statement is a debt owing to Imperial Parking Canada Corporation and has been forwarded to us for collection.

Our client has instructed us to pursue this debt vigorously. This could include contacting you by telephone or instructing our client's solicitor to proceed with civil action.

Amount Due: $69.55

This debt must be paid within 10 days in order to ensure that no further action is taken. Payment can be made by either cheque or money order made payable to City Collection Company Ltd. If you have any questions or require additional information, contact our office at the above-noted number.

we may proceed with further action as outlined above if the outstanding notice(s) are paid immediately
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GingeRRRBeef
09-19-2003, 09:25 PM
Letter two
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBCL
Canadian Bonded Credits Limited
104-1210 Sheppard Av E
North Yorth, ONT
M2K 3C4
Telephone: 416-753-4888
800-281-9642
Fax: 419-753-4899

CBCL
Violation Payment Processing Center
PO Box 3480
Station Terminal
Vancouver, BC V6B 6P2

Dear XXXXXXX,

This letter will serve to confirm that IMPARK-CALGARY 03 has assigned the aforementioned oustanding balance to Canadian Bonded Credits Limited for immediate collection activity.

Failure to remit immediate payment will leave Canadian Bonded Credits Limited with no choice but to proceed further with your file.

Govern yourself accordingly,

Collection Officer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GingeRRRBeef
09-19-2003, 09:34 PM
I wonder where the PO box for the next collection agency is going to be from??? If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say the postal code is V6B 6P0.

The first letter is dated Sept 9, 2003 and the second one is dated Sept 19, 2003. If they sent the 2nd letter today, then kudos to the mail service. However, I highly doubt that. If not, then I give kudos to the "collection agency" for timing the letter so right. But somehow I have feeling that Impark has an office here that sends out 'scare' letters out in Calgary.

So I apparently owe them $69.55, I should just mail them a spoon and tell them to eat my ass.

Anyways, I really don't know what the point of them thread is but I thought I'd share.

GTS Jeff
09-19-2003, 09:41 PM
mail them anthrax

GTS Jeff
09-19-2003, 09:42 PM
or just ignore the letters....they are poor attempts at bullying u into paying

Talies R
09-19-2003, 09:48 PM
just to confirm, not paying impark doesn't affect your credit or anything else against you right?? they cant do shit to you?

szw
09-19-2003, 09:48 PM
maybe send them some coupons.

GingeRRRBeef
09-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
mail them anthrax

:rofl:
*ahem* we better not talk about anthrax and such. Wouldn't want the paranoid Big Brother to black list us as terrorists. Them folks are a lil' crazy.

GingeRRRBeef
09-19-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by szw
maybe send them some coupons.

hahaha, I should. That'll totally pissed them off. It'll be too funny.

BTW, you are a copycat!!!! You made your car to look exactly like mine! I hate you!!!!! :rofl: heheh I saw your car at Lamda last week and down at Chinook I think. :rofl:

szw
09-19-2003, 09:59 PM
haha yea i guess that was you at lambda, but I wasn't at chinook. must be another stock looking one!

ryder_23
09-19-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Talies R
just to confirm, not paying impark doesn't affect your credit or anything else against you right?? they cant do shit to you?

i was wondering the same thing.

Since you dont have to sign for these letters when u get them (or do u), you can always pull the, i never got any letters of any sort. When i got a letter from the CPS, i went in to post office, and had to sign for it, confirming i got it. But without comfirmation, they have no way to prove you got the letter.

Redlyne_mr2
09-19-2003, 11:22 PM
Impark tickets do not affect your credit...its all just BS and they use scare tactics to get people to pay. In order to report to an individuals credit bureau you must have their signed authorization you must also have their SIN as well. When you get a ticket wether it be parking, speeding etc you sign no legal documents giving these people the right to access your information. Even parking in an Impark lot after receiving a ticket is failry worry free. In the city of Calgary in order to tow a vehicle the impark office must call the city have a municiple officer come to verify the vehicle and ownership then tow the car..its a long process that impark rarely pursues...strangely enough there are alot of people that succomb to Imparks threats

04blackMAX
09-19-2003, 11:28 PM
go out to the park with your dog, let him take a nice steamy dump, pick it up zip lock iot, put it in an envolope, and mail it to them, problem solved, that will teach those fukers to ever mess with you agian

gkAeris
09-19-2003, 11:38 PM
ya they will call u sometimes too to make u pay and harass u, just hang up and keep hanging up and refuse to pay and then after trying for awhile..they give up hehehe

Ben
09-20-2003, 01:33 AM
I OWNED THEM TODAY!!!

hahaha

For some reason Canadian Bonded Credit had our "Smart Ring" number and was calling on that...now we never use that service so when we hear it, we KNOW its a telemarketer of some sort.

Using my elite TELUS knowledge, I had that number disconnected because we dont use it anyways. As such, we never received a phone call today...bwahahaha, Big Fuck you to them..

This was after I called them and said in these exact words:

"Hello! I'm just returning a call I got from some lousy automated message, asking for money that they will never ever get. Who would I talk to about that?"

Some loser on the other end:

"Ah, may I have your telephone number please"

Me - "Nope, you most cirtainly can not, as you called me, you should have it."

Clown - "Nope I'm sorry, I dont have it, this is a large center with lots of numbers called all the time"

Me - "Well thats not my problem is it. Call me back when you have my number"

*Click*

Fools

method
09-20-2003, 01:47 AM
yeah, my dad gets like two voice messages a day from some recording that says "this is canadian bond and credit" or some crap.

they dont have any website, blah blah blah, they're just some phony company made up to try to scare people.

littledan
09-20-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

So I apparently owe them $69.55, I should just mail them a spoon and tell them to eat my ass.

:rofl: :rofl:

GingeRRRBeef
09-20-2003, 03:14 AM
Well, I know my mom is gonna start freaking out when they start calling for me. She's paranoid that they're gonna ruin my credit or tow my car or something.

BigMass
09-20-2003, 09:22 AM
betweem all the cars i have previously owned i think i'm Impark's most wanted. Everytime you switch cars though the record is reset. What's funny is that I actually have monthly parking at one of the impark lots.

DSM Power
09-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Using my elite TELUS knowledge, I had that number disconnected because we dont use it anyways.

Methinks you need to share this l33t info... :thumbsup:

ryder_23
09-20-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
Well, I know my mom is gonna start freaking out when they start calling for me. She's paranoid that they're gonna ruin my credit or tow my car or something.

If shes so worried, tell her she can pay the ticket, lol, jk

GTS Jeff
09-20-2003, 01:42 PM
heh i dont get it. ive gotten like 40458349 impark tickets (unpaid) and no1 has ever hassled me.

werd

straight up.

dogg

ZorroAMG
09-21-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Impark tickets do not affect your credit...its all just BS and they use scare tactics to get people to pay. In order to report to an individuals credit bureau you must have their signed authorization you must also have their SIN as well. When you get a ticket wether it be parking, speeding etc you sign no legal documents giving these people the right to access your information. Even parking in an Impark lot after receiving a ticket is failry worry free. In the city of Calgary in order to tow a vehicle the impark office must call the city have a municiple officer come to verify the vehicle and ownership then tow the car..its a long process that impark rarely pursues...strangely enough there are alot of people that succomb to Imparks threats

I couldn't have copied and pasted that from my previous post any better Ryan ;)

jmmm
01-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi,

I don't know if you'll get this, since your discussion ended a few months ago. But I want to let you know that Canadian Bonded Credits (CBC) is real, and this stuff will affect your credit rating.

Honestly, I'm not trying to simply scare you, and I'm not full of shit.

I got myself in over my head with credit a number of years ago, and had something end up with CBC. The $ was paid to them, and I'm STILL trying to get them to send a letter to the credit bureau re: my closed...and paid...account. I'm now trying to buy a house, and can't get a mortgage because of this "big mistake" (5 years later)

Do yourself a favour and take care of this as soon as you can. Collection agencies will work with you to develop a payment plan.

And, how did I find your messages? ...I typed in Canadian Bonded Credits in a Google search, looking for their phone number, and your discussion came up. Which means, CBC can do the same and track you down...

CRX-R
01-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I'm sure this 'CBC' company handles more clients than just these impark faggots. If you didn't pay your bills THAT YOU AGREED TO PAY then yes it will affect your credit... BUT no one in the history of the world has ever signed a contract agreeing to pay impark upon driving into one of their lots!!

CRX-R
01-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by jmmm

Do yourself a favour and take care of this as soon as you can. Collection agencies will work with you to develop a payment plan.

And, how did I find your messages? ...I typed in Canadian Bonded Credits in a Google search, looking for their phone number, and your discussion came up. Which means, CBC can do the same and track you down...

I think this idiot works for them... Yep pretty sure

And track me down??? with what?? their magic stik?? You're an idiot :werd:

GingeRRRBeef
01-09-2004, 03:58 PM
jmmm == CBC troll!!!

Xtrema
01-09-2004, 03:58 PM
I believe CFCN did a report on this a while back, conclusion is:

All you really owe is the parking fee for the hours in question. Not a penny more. They are not authorized for handing out fines.

googe
01-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Credit reports of Canadians have recieved a good amount of protection over the past year or two. It is highly illegal for anyone to look at, or touch your credit rating, if you dont provide them with your SIN and a signature authorizing this.

If a credit card company is contracting CBC for collections, yes they can trash your rating. If it is impark, no they can not.

CRX-R
01-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
I believe CFCN did a report on this a while back, conclusion is:

All you really owe is the parking fee for the hours in question. Not a penny more. They are not authorized for handing out fines.

Yes I just posted the whole thing in another thread a couple days ago...

Blue Devil 2
01-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by jmmm
Hi,

bla bla bla...

:bullshit:

90_Shelby
01-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I have been hassled by Imparks collection agencies, and there credit companies with similar threats. I mailed them a letter telling them that I moved. Harrasment gone end of story. On top of that I have a mortgage and my credit has never been affected.

FiveFreshFish
01-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Using my elite TELUS knowledge, I had that number disconnected because we dont use it anyways. As such, we never received a phone call today...bwahahaha, Big Fuck you to them..

I did something similar. I call-forwarded my home line to a disconnected number! Did this for a couple of weeks during business hours and all nuisance calls stopped!

This didn't pose a problem because I informed all my contacts know to call me at work during the day. Anyone I don't know, tough shit.

Acceler8
11-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Not sure if this thread is active at all any more, it hasnt been posted in, in months. But I just came accross this, kind of an interesteing read:

PDF article about the city hiring Canadian Bonded Credits to collect parking violation money (http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2005/agendas/council/cc050216/admcl002a.pdf)

about 3/4 of the way through the article:

"Due to offenders moving out of privince, dying or not renewing their licence plates, and it is estimated that 4% of tickets will never be collected upon for these reasons."

Well, I just got rid of my old car, and got new plates :) Had some parking tickets on it.

lastprodigy
11-14-2005, 09:14 PM
^^ lol thanks for the revival Jesus...some good comedy in thsi thread no doubt :D

googe
11-15-2005, 02:56 AM
thats the city. nothing to do with impark. totally different rules.

AllGoNoShow
11-15-2005, 04:21 AM
holly thread resurection batman!

Raz2
11-15-2005, 05:12 AM
amen to that. impark STILL sucks, so what else is new?

Uhm... :goflames:

dj_honda
11-15-2005, 09:23 AM
holy shit old thread. vsmsir aka sircanada aka 04blackmax aka mywifshot posted here. :rofl: