PDA

View Full Version : Some DSM Questions.

Stealth13
10-25-2008, 12:16 PM
How many psi does the stock turbo in a 1996 talon tsi run (t-25 i think?) How many psi can the engine safely run? What else is needed, just a boost controller and boost guage? How hard are these to install? How much hp would 3-4 psi add?

SetoJai
10-26-2008, 01:51 PM
your best bet right now is to find a eagle talon tsi specified forums as they would have the most information

superboost
10-26-2008, 02:00 PM
PM HeavyD/RyanAllan/EK 2.0

They are the best DSM Resources on this board... among others...

corsvette
10-26-2008, 02:21 PM
check out www.calgarydsm.com

tsi_neal
10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
about 14-15psi is all youll want to push out of the t-25, might make an extra 20-30hp. MBC and a boost guage are a must.
A good exhaust, 3" turbo back, will add another 20-30hp and then past that your looking at fuel system upgrades and more turbo.

The motor itself as long as you do things right will easliy pump out 400whp and ~25-30psi for a long time, however if you do things wrong expect to throw a rod.

there are a few DSM guys on here, but most have moved onto other things...

EK 2.0
10-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by superboost

thanks for the vouch...

but you forgot tsi_neal, and 962kid as well...

Originally posted by tsi_neal

there are a few DSM guys on here, but most have moved onto other things...

We might have moved onto other things, more reliable things...haha...but we never forget the nightmare...err...absolute dream our DSM's were...

When they ran.... :D

But the BIGGEST thing I can stress on a DSM....before you starting modding...please start maintaining....

They are so easy to make cheap power on...but pricey to fix for the most part...

tsi_neal is correct...boost gauge is critical...the OEM lil needle don't read shit haha...And supporting mods are key...

If you already haven't, perform the BCS mod, and build or purchase a nice exhaust set-up. You should then be happy with the car for a bit...

ryanallan
10-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by superboost

o thank you ;)

here is a good place to start (http://www.dsmtuners.com/sub.php?page=2gtupgrades)

Originally posted by tsi_neal
The motor itself, as long as you do things right, will easily pump out 400whp and ~25-30psi for a long time. however, if you do things wrong expect to throw a rod.
Just so the OP isnt confused, this is not on the T-25. Like you said, anything more then ~16psi on T-25 would be out of its efficiency range, and will significantly decrease the reliability / life of the motor .
O and the OEM BOV cant handle more than stock boost levels.

So just to be safe, here is what you can do with the least amount of money.
Get a manual boost controller, a mechanical boost gauge, and a 1G BOV (they hold more pressure and bolt right up with an adapter flange - the evo9 BOV will bolt right up though).
Thats pretty much all you need to turn the boost up to 16psi.

And again just so your not confused, if you have a manual boost controller installed, you will have removed the stock boost control system, and therefor will not need to do the BCS "feee mod"

Supa Dexta
10-26-2008, 09:57 PM
I may know a thing or 2 as well.. But I also like to call them junk.. :rofl:

What ever you do, have a spare bag of cash ready to go, you'll need it. I wonder who the next highest HP dsm is on here, besides Ron.