PDA

View Full Version : Anybody do yoga?

Barking_Spidre
10-25-2008, 01:02 PM
A new yoga studio opened up in Victoria, "Bikram Hot Yoga" so this weekend had all of its classes for free. The gf and I went today at 9:30am, and it was pretty packed. I think i was one of 4 guys in there, haha.

But anyways, it was Hot yoga, so it was in a heated room. I don't think I've ever sweated that much in my entire life!! I feel great now though, probably gonna go back tomorrow for another free class, and sign up for the year.

Anybody else do yoga as a part of their weekly routines? Discuss?

GQBalla
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
I've done yoga before, the GF's sister is an instructor.

I've maybe gone five times but its true you always feel really good after, the Yoga classes i really like is where its focused mainly on stretching and not too much strength.

I've went the next day after working out and the stretching just really helps out like crazy.

l/l/rX
10-25-2008, 03:52 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/195134/yoga-classes/

i dont do it in the summer, just the winter cuz its freezing cold out. its nice being in a hot room, sweating and getting excersise to. yoga season is right around the corner for me! haha

JMaj7
10-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I've done the PX90 Yoga a few times. I rolled my ankles a few times playing ball so I'm making it a point to be more flexible. Too bad it's in Vic. I'd be down to check it out.

JAYMEZ
10-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I tried it with my gf , it was pretty good. I wouldnt mind trying hot yoga , i heard you sweat buckets!

Barking_Spidre
10-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I tried it with my gf , it was pretty good. I wouldnt mind trying hot yoga , i heard you sweat buckets!

Yea man, I've been playing soccer for 14 years, and I've never sweat nearly as much as I did this morning. Within the first 15 minutes, it was dripping off me, and it just got more and more intense as it got closer to the end.

IhateDomestic
10-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Bikram yogas the shit.

Tried it in Fremont and it was insane!

It's cardio yoga man that heat kicks your ass.. its like being in a sauna.

I thought I was tuff going in...coming out the first time I couldn't breath LOL 90 minutes of working out in a sauna.

:eek: :nut: :dunno: