PDA

View Full Version : LF: Someone to Chop my ride

black_radiation
10-25-2008, 05:59 PM
And no... not photochop if thats what you were thinking :) I'm looking for someone who has done chops before.

I need a 4.5" Chop done on my 1930 Model A

Here is a Picture of the body.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows somebody who does HAND pinstriping (paint, not vinyl)

http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i13/02/k/000/7b/78/ffda_20.JPG?set_id=1C4000

I'm going to pick the cab up next weekend. I can weld and cut but this job requires a little more finesse than I have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kona9
10-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Love the Melamine box!! :rofl:

Envious I be! Rat Rods are excellent!

black_radiation
10-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah I dont know why he has a melamine box lol, I've already got a box from a 1941 Dodge that I'm going to mate up to it. also something a little different for the motor that I got sitting in my dads garage.... 1995 Cummins Turbo Diesel :P along w/ a 2003 S10 Frame thats been boxed and Z'd already

anothers10
10-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Gary Miller does bad ass pinstiping, I dont have his number around right now. He always has a booth at world of wheels. He pinstiped my buddys crown vic and it turned out great.

Kona9
10-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by black_radiation
Yeah I dont know why he has a melamine box lol, I've already got a box from a 1941 Dodge that I'm going to mate up to it. also something a little different for the motor that I got sitting in my dads garage.... 1995 Cummins Turbo Diesel :P along w/ a 2003 S10 Frame thats been boxed and Z'd already

Now that is a mash up! Any chance you can do project progression here on Beyond? I know it's no Honda, but this project looks awesome! I'd be interested in watching the build.

TKRIS
10-27-2008, 11:59 AM
You'll have better luck finding reputable shops by asking around of the HAMB or Canadian Hot Rodder.
Talk to some tattoo artists about pin striping.

Cword
10-27-2008, 12:29 PM
For the stripes and some chopping advice try Jeff Smith, guitarist for local band "The Karma Curse"
Otherwise the main stream shops in the area are
Hot Rods Inc in Airdrie
Allan Rod and Custom (Zane Southgate)
The Rod Shop

A local (Calgary) forum is also up at http://www.vintagerods.ca

black_radiation
10-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'm gonna call them tomorrow and get some info... I'm goin on sunday to pick up the cab and gonna have it sandblasted by monday afternoon :P

The Idea is Flat black w/ white/red pinstripes and a whole lot of motor... 1500lbs of it to be exact :P

black_radiation
10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Now that is a mash up! Any chance you can do project progression here on Beyond? I know it's no Honda, but this project looks awesome! I'd be interested in watching the build.

Yeah I'm gonna make a thread for the build. I'll start on monday w/ the sand blasting :)

Glad you like it Kona, hopefully I'll have it ready by next summer for a beyond meet and cruise :)