PDA

View Full Version : Is there any decent people left in this city??

fraserr_7
10-26-2008, 12:13 PM
So I go to a movie on friday night, and i find the only parking spot left at the front of the theater. Me and a couple buddy's are getting out of my car and theres a couple next to us who start talking to us. We were late for our movie, so we started to the theater, when i noticed the passenger of the parking lot neighbours, was now outside of his vehicle standing next to the driverside window of the vehicle he was in. They seemed like decent people so i didnt think anything of it. (we had a good five minute conversation with them about partying and our age's... dont ask) When i returned to my vehicle, i found my glove box empty, and my deck gone. Also noticed, the passenger of my car failed to roll up the window. Now i know it was made easy for my deck to be stolen, however, you would think these "nice" people we were talking to could have said, "hey you left your window down!!". Oh yea, i forgot, I live in Calgary... that kind of thing doesnt happen anymore!! And the kicker, they left my sub and amp.

Wheres the nice people these days??

Eleanor
10-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure there are some left.

Kloubek
10-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear about the break-in. But are you seriously expecting people to mention you left your window down?

I'm sorry for being perfectly honest, but it's your own damn fault for making it so easy for thieves to break in! This is Calgary dude - you gotta do what you can to avoid this shit.

ShermanEF9
10-26-2008, 12:25 PM
don't you find it a bit odd people talked to you out of the blue... they probably did so to prevent you from checking. whenever people talk to me, ESPECIALLY about my car... i watch to make sure they leave... and i check my doors and windows.

89s1
10-26-2008, 12:25 PM
So let me get this straight. They are supposed to watch out for you as TOTAL strangers because you aren't responsible enough to give your car a look over. Personally, I know i can trust my buddies to roll up their windows in my car, and if not guess who's responsibility it is when it comes right down to it.

You sound like a teenager. No accountability and always looking for someone else to blame.

Good thread A+++ :banghead:

TomcoPDR
10-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by 89s1
So let me get this straight. They are supposed to watch out for you as TOTAL strangers because you aren't responsible enough to give your car a look over. Personally, I know i can trust my buddies to roll up their windows in my car, and if not guess who's responsibility it is when it comes right down to it.

You sound like a teenager. No accountability and always looking for someone else to blame.

Good thread A+++ :banghead:

:rofl: dude don't be adding another emo in this city

TorqueDog
10-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by 89s1

Good thread A+++ :banghead: Talk about hitting the nail on the head. x2.

Pollywog
10-26-2008, 12:53 PM
:werd:

Dont be such a pussy. Take responsibility for your shit, even if its your passengers issue. Why assume, just take a quick look and make sure your windows are closed - as most of us do all the time.

Hakkola
10-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
i watch to make sure they leave... and i check my doors and windows.

:werd: I never trust anybody like that, I usually go inside wherever I am and look out the window ninja styles until they leave.

Primer_Drift
10-26-2008, 01:02 PM
lol if this were vancouver you'd be on here whining that your car was stolen.. count yourself as lucky.

SetoJai
10-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
don't you find it a bit odd people talked to you out of the blue... they probably did so to prevent you from checking. whenever people talk to me, ESPECIALLY about my car... i watch to make sure they leave... and i check my doors and windows.

:werd: i also take a walk around the car to make sure all my doors are closed tight and locked, along with windows up. never hurts to look back once you started walking away from your car too.

Kona9
10-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Look after your own shit and realize you were lucky to actually strike up random conversation with random people. People even older than you for that matter. That is becoming extinct in this city in itself.

Respect the situation for what it is really worth.

Grogador
10-26-2008, 01:05 PM
I don't have power locks/windows, so even if I've trained my passengers to lock up, I still get out last so I can check. Why should strangers be responsible for your property? Maybe they didn't notice either? Shitty deal but... live and learn, foo.

JRSC00LUDE
10-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by fraserr_7
........ And the kicker, they left my sub and amp.

I dunno, it seems like that was a pretty nice thing to do. :dunno:

fraserr_7
10-26-2008, 01:11 PM
89si, i dont think you get my point, your right i am a teenager but im not putting the blame on anyone, just thought there was decent people left in this city.

primer drift, i lived in vancouver, your car is just as likly to get stolen here as it is in vancouver!! there both big cities...]

really this has nothing to do with the deck being stolen, i can go buy a new one, money isnt an issue. Im just sick of this city and everyones shitty fucking attitudes and the lack of good canadian people!!

fraserr_7
10-26-2008, 01:13 PM
JRSCOOLDUDE, thats about the only decency they had haha

A790
10-26-2008, 01:28 PM
So I go to a movie on friday night, and i find the only parking spot left at the front of the theater. Me and a couple buddy's are getting out of my car and theres a couple next to us who start talking to us. We were late for our movie, so we started to the theater, when i noticed the passenger of the parking lot neighbours, was now outside of his vehicle standing next to the driverside window of the vehicle he was in. They seemed like decent people so i didnt think anything of it. (we had a good five minute conversation with them about partying and our age's... dont ask) When i returned to my vehicle, i found my glove box empty, and my deck gone. Also noticed, the passenger of my car failed to roll up the window. Now i know it was made easy for my deck to be stolen, however, you would think these "nice" people we were talking to could have said, "hey you left your window down!!". Oh yea, i forgot, I live in Calgary... that kind of thing doesnt happen anymore!! And the kicker, they left my sub and amp.

Wheres the nice people these days??
Some of you may remember the rant I went on a while ago (like 2 years ago) about how I'm tired of people in Calgary bitching about how terrible Calgary is becoming. Let's face the facts here: it isn't. It really isn't.

For a city of over a million people the number of serious crimes here is pretty low. Couple that to a low instance of petty crimes and I fail to see how Calgary is such a terrible place to be.

The people aren't any different. It comes down to personal expectations and accountability. What kind of person are you, and how do you treat those around you? When you are complaining about the "lack of good Canadian people (what makes someone a Canadian, by the way?)", have you taken the time to consider how perhaps you aren't necessarily the beacon of all that is a "good Canadian"?

I mean, I live in the southwest, and the people here are fantastic. I have never had an instance with someone down here that has been a significant problem. No matter where you live there are going to be assholes, but I have yet to experience them here. It was the same when I lived in Inglewood.

Perhaps you should look at it from a different perspective. I highly doubt you even think twice when someone holds a door open for you or lets you in when you're trying to merge. The fact is that the people here are still good, but that doesn't mean that every single person is going to be the ultra-citizen you seem to expect them to be.

Lead, and perhaps they will follow. I'm guessing that you don't.

badatusrnames
10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Grogador
I don't have power locks/windows, so even if I've trained my passengers to lock up, I still get out last so I can check. Why should strangers be responsible for your property? Maybe they didn't notice either? Shitty deal but... live and learn, foo.

I do have power windows. But I always check the windows are doors myself after everyone gets out. I get ridiculed by my friends, but if the alternative is having my car broken into, so be it.

ExtraSlow
10-26-2008, 01:38 PM
+1 on A790's post. Calgary is a great place to live compared to some other cities of similar size.

Don't like it? GTFO.

badatusrnames
10-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Whine whine whine.

I'd like to see how you'd manage in a big American city like New York or Philly.

In relative terms, we've got it good here, trust me.

dezmarez
10-26-2008, 02:19 PM
what if they didnt notice?? like your buddy didnt notice he left them rolled down?

qft

chkolny541
10-26-2008, 02:56 PM
i know eh, what is happening the calgary these days?
last night i left a diamond necklace on my passenger seat, with both windows down and my car unlocked, and guess what!! someone took it!! i couldnt fuckin beleive it!!

89s1
10-26-2008, 03:55 PM
89si your right

Of course i am. Being able to tell you are a whiney little teenager is as easy as telling if its daytime through a window.