PDA

View Full Version : Rowing Machine

SetoJai
10-26-2008, 04:00 PM
i was researching rowing machines today, it looked like one heck of a workout. is there a gym near SAIT that has a rowing machine? i want to try it and see how it feel like, if i like it i might invest in one to put in my house.

kutt3r
10-27-2008, 09:47 AM
If you are looking at purchasing the Concept II are about $1300, they are the ones that Crossfitters tend to use/recommend and they happen to be the ones that my gym in Okotoks has as well.

Seem to work great...

SetoJai
10-27-2008, 05:14 PM
sounds like a good investment. has anybody on beyond.ca used a rowing machine before? i want to get some personal opinions in.

i am moderately fit but want to just get rid of leftover fat and gain some muscle tone, i do go to the gym but i would like to sometimes stay home and use a machine. rowing machine seemed the best for a all-in-one type of package.

also, if you guys know any calgary gyms with a rowing machine please post, would love to try it before i buy.

91_Integz
10-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Southport World Health has a couple

SetoJai
10-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 91_Integz
Southport World Health has a couple

thanks, 91_Integz! :D

now to find a time to head down there for a test trial

kutt3r
10-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Check out crossfit.com and look at the videos for the rowing, they will show you proper technique (yes there is more to just getting on and rowing)
The reason they choose them is that they do work your full body, interval training on them is great for burning fat. I would imagine if your diet is in check that they would fit the bill for what you are looking for. There are also body weight excercises that you could do at home as well that might help the toning part.

Good luck
:thumbsup:

dropdat
10-28-2008, 06:07 PM
They're great! depending on what look you're going for(smaller/cut/toned) they help alot. I spend about 2 hours a week on one and love it.

semograd
10-29-2008, 11:21 AM
I love rowing machines, i use the ones at lindsay park. They are great for overall strength and upper body stamina. It does require proper technique though but your back and shoulders become huge and defined.

94CoRd
10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Sport Club World Health in Edgemont has two.
Pretty legit! :thumbsup:

SetoJai
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
thanks for all the comments guys! :thumbsup:

yeah, i have been researching and watching several videos online about the proper rowing technique. won't know how it feels but least i know the steps, only one way to find out... time to head to the gym on my free time!

as for what it is for. i just want to tone up and keep fit since when i stopped working out the weight got to me!