PDA

View Full Version : Looking for white/grey race suit

97'Scort
10-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Kind of a last-minute Halloween costume idea, thought I'd go as the Stig if I can find a cheap one. I can't afford a fancy Alpinestars or Sparco one, but if I could find a set of those mechanic's or pitcrew look-alikes I could get away with that. I have a white HJC helmet with a tinted visor already.

Anyone know a company that makes a cheap white one? I can only find blue, red, and black under $100.

shin0bi
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
I think the helmet is the major thing... Even if you just wore a white addidas track suit, and some pumas. I think you'd sort of need the A-star gloves and that iconic helmet as an imperative.

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Kind of a last-minute Halloween costume idea, thought I'd go as the Stig if I can find a cheap one. I can't afford a fancy Alpinestars or Sparco one, but if I could find a set of those mechanic's or pitcrew look-alikes I could get away with that. I have a white HJC helmet with a tinted visor already.

Anyone know a company that makes a cheap white one? I can only find blue, red, and black under $100.
Ebay would be your best source but there is no way you can get one here in time.. maybe just a pair of white coveralls?:dunno:

88CRX
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Speaking of track suits.... I'm trying to put together a Speed Racer costume but I can't find white pants anywhere :dunno: :banghead:

Mibz
10-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Godamnit, why can I never think of cool costume ideas?

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Speaking of track suits.... I'm trying to put together a Speed Racer costume but I can't find white pants anywhere :dunno: :banghead:
You check winners? White pants are hard to find this time of year.

shin0bi
10-28-2008, 12:44 PM

Meh. Pants are overrated.
Plus, you wouldn't have to hand out candy to kids, because none of them will want to come near you. Except the wierd ones.

88CRX
10-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

You check winners? White pants are hard to find this time of year.

Nope.... maybe I'll give it a try though.

I didn't think it would be this difficult to find any sort of white pants.... no sweat pants, no track pants, no white jeans, no hammer pants, nothing.

BerserkerCatSplat
10-28-2008, 01:17 PM

Would a set of white painter's coveralls work? If you could just get white painter's pants and a blue polo you're set to go.

Mark's might have something like this:

http://www.workinggear.com/gc/catalog/Dickies-Painter-s-Pants-1953-cat343.html?ROITrakid=1252

88CRX
10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Oh snap.... good call, I'll stop there tonight too. Thanks.

I already have a shirt.... found an almost perfect match at Zeller last week for $3 on sale lol.... cheaper they buying shirts at the Village.

97'Scort
10-28-2008, 07:17 PM
The painter suite would rock for speedracer. I got my hands on a set today but without a lot of sharpie-marker work it wouldn't look much like the Stig. Oh well, maybe next year.