PDA

View Full Version : R1 & R6

Pages : 1 [2]

8Ball
04-05-2007, 07:29 PM
All of these sites preach teaching the rider.

new rider guide
http://www.sportrider.com/ride/new_rider_guide/

advice for novices
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/novices/

choosing a bike
http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/NewRider/choosing.asp

start right
http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/NewRider/startright.asp

good links
http://www.msf-usa.org/index_new.cfm?spl=2&action=display&pagename=Library

3clips3
04-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 8Ball

directed at eclipse who is talking his normal big e-balls mouth and cant back it up :)

hahah whatever man, what the hell do I have to back up?! oh right not a fuckin thing!

ricefarmer
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
LMAO, we should have a disclaimer on beyond

****WARNING DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ASK FOR ADVICE OF ANY KIND ON THIS SITE, YOU WILL ONLY END UP BEING BS'D BY A BUNCH OF ASSHOLES WHO WILL START AN ARGUMENT OVER SOMETHING FEW OF THEM KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT****

estwinguk
07-09-2007, 03:56 AM
i just got an r6 ,after trading in a zxr6 .the r6 beets the zx on handling speed an looks . why should you want somthing faster on these crap uk road surfaces i dont know these bikes fly and handle to match . will hit 70 off the lights in first if ya feel like it .i just cant see an r1 being more usable than a 357 magnum at a fairground tin can shoot.

Supa Dexta
07-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by estwinguk
i just got an r6 ,....will hit 70 off the lights in first if ya feel like it

make that mph.. tops out around 110 in 1st... as for the rest of the thread.. Im not even getting started... ha

3clips3
07-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

make that mph.. tops out around 110 in 1st... as for the rest of the thread.. Im not even getting started... ha

hahah, good call!

BTW I love my R1 and I am a squid n00b!!

estwinguk
07-09-2007, 01:47 PM
every to there own!

viff3r
07-09-2007, 04:00 PM
every to there own!
i most agree

Alak
07-12-2007, 01:50 PM
My uncle (30 years of racing bike experience) taught me three things when I started to ride.

1) The bike only goes as fast as you want it too.

2) Dont trust any other vehicles on the road but yourself

3) And, be careful the advice you take from people. They might be right, but they may not be right for you.

My first bike was a ZX900 Kawi. I've never put it down. Mind you, I drive it like a granny most of the time.

I dont ride right now, but Im looking to buy an R6 in the winter time (tends to be cheaper).

stevo 27
07-12-2007, 07:53 PM
so what did the op go for ???

and if the driver cant see you your in his blind spot (moron right there) second a drivers blind spot is close to the rear end of the car so why would you give her to get infront instead of lightly
braking and slowing not to get clipped ?? :dunno:

Graham_A_M
07-13-2007, 08:35 PM
i just got an r6 ,after trading in a zxr6 .the r6 beets the zx on handling speed an looks . why should you want somthing faster on these crap uk road surfaces i dont know these bikes fly and handle to match . will hit 70 off the lights in first if ya feel like it .i just cant see an r1 being more usable than a 357 magnum at a fairground tin can shoot.
I dont kow how you think the new R6 is better looking then a newer ZX6R, but to each his own. My favorite style of ZX series bikes was from 93-99. But thats just me. My buddy has an aniversary edition R6.... as **FANTASTIC** of a bike as it is, I can't stand the styling, it looks like some hornet on steriods, the color scheme doesnt help:nut:
The R1 is very usable to a rider that knows what their doing. It may lose time in the twisties, but sure makes up for it on the straights. Its just user preferance. I just like having a very very flickable bike, although a liter bike would be frickin' incredible just to "try" :bigpimp:

I have a Daytona 675 for myself, and thats MORE then enough to do ANYTHING even remotely close to staying within the legal limits. Taking cloverleafs at 120-150kph, Good God is that bike fun. :D Its like a Ferrari Enzo, but one that just costs $12k to buy. :)

estwinguk
07-15-2007, 06:15 AM
i had a green zx6r j2 ,the 2001 version it looked the biz an sounded awsome with an art carbon can , but i just could not get on with the handling .fitted ohlins damper ,had new headrace bearings but there was still this vague feeling on the front end like it was gonna slip ,on certain road services ,no not ice or snow , or gravel or popcorn . ive had loads of bikes and not had this befour .the tyres were about half way through tread dunlop d207s .this was the first bike i got after not riding for 13 yrs .got rid an got a 2000 r6 felt totaly confident with the the handling .got it re te tread with bt014s .and have realy started to enjoy the thing ,had a couple neer splills but thats all part of the fun . over all i think the r6 handles better but thats just me read loads of articles people reckon the zx handling is the biz .maybe just me . the zx motors more usable round town .at the end of the day there both fucking fast .and and i know cos i enjoy reading up on all the machines, but if ya realy looking at getting a certain bike , get ya self down the dealer an ride the fucker!!

3clips3
07-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

IThe R1 is very usable to a rider that knows what their doing. It may lose time in the twisties, but sure makes up for it on the straights. Its just user preferance. I just like having a very very flickable bike

lol, so you must be a motoGP superstar to be that much faster on a 6 than a 1K in the twisties then - not that there really are any in AB but thats another story - , either that or you're a track whore with more money then you know what to do with.

If you can ride, you can ride a 6 or a 1k will not make a difference to you squids on the street other than how fast you hit a brick wall, car or any other object.

You should really stop with the shitty advice until you learn to ride.

m10-power
07-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by 3clips3

lol, so you must be a motoGP superstar to be that much faster on a 6 than a 1K in the twisties then - not that there really are any in AB but thats another story - , either that or you're a track whore with more money then you know what to do with.

If you can ride, you can ride a 6 or a 1k will not make a difference to you squids on the street other than how fast you hit a brick wall, car or any other object.

Very possible (not the motoGP superstar bit). Hmmm I wonder why the motoGP bikes went down in displacement but are now faster around the tracks...hmmm

Funny how often these same threads come out, yawn.

Truth is a 1000 is probably better for a street bike(unless your a 150# or less), if your going to paste yourself on the street it probably doesnt matter what you buy.

Best advice, go run as many track days as you can, schools, lapping days, get your fill. Race if you feel the need, then when your done try riding on the street. Bet you sell the bike or only use if at the track. Street riding is for the most part lame. :zzz:

Graham_A_M
07-17-2007, 09:33 PM

Thats funny, I'm actually shaking my head while reading this, since thats the ignorant and childish insult I think I've been given in some time. I've logged on about 150,000 km's on all the bikes that I've owned since I was 6, I'm probably one of the most seasoned riders here.
Do YOU drag your knee around cloverleafs and race at the track as well? I didn't think so either, in fact you just said it yourself

I think that about sums it up. :rolleyes: yet your one to call ME a squid, thats hilarious. You really are a hypocrite. :thumbsup:

The reason why the 600's are faster then the 1000's in the chicannes and constant lean changes, is the amount of rotating mass the engine has, as the engine mirrors the physics of a gyro.
The bigger the rotating wheel, the harder it is to break inertia now isn't it? am I wrong? hey you to tell me since obviously you know right?
If you simply enter a turn with a differing engine RPM, the line you'd need to take through the turn will be altered.
Some street bikes, the R6 perform much differently into a turn if the engine is at 10,000rpm, then it would at 15,000rpm.
Its great being able to adjust the engine speed, and the throttle change and have the change your line for you.

I dont know anybody other then some squid like somebody around here that would even think about pileing into a wall, that much more possible with a 1000 then with a 600. Both are lightening fast, check out this comparison to see just how ruler close the 1/4 times are in a liter bike, then in compairison to a 600, of the same manufacterer and year.
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/

Anything else?

3clips3
07-18-2007, 10:14 AM

Thats funny, I'm actually shaking my head while reading this, since thats the ignorant and childish insult I think I've been given in some time. I've logged on about 150,000 km's on all the bikes that I've owned since I was 6, I'm probably one of the most seasoned riders here.
Do YOU drag your knee around cloverleafs and race at the track as well? I didn't think so either, in fact you just said it yourself

I think that about sums it up. :rolleyes: yet your one to call ME a squid, thats hilarious. You really are a hypocrite. :thumbsup:

The reason why the 600's are faster then the 1000's in the chicannes and constant lean changes, is the amount of rotating mass the engine has, as the engine mirrors the physics of a gyro.
The bigger the rotating wheel, the harder it is to break inertia now isn't it? am I wrong? hey you to tell me since obviously you know right?
If you simply enter a turn with a differing engine RPM, the line you'd need to take through the turn will be altered.
Some street bikes, the R6 perform much differently into a turn if the engine is at 10,000rpm, then it would at 15,000rpm.
Its great being able to adjust the engine speed, and the throttle change and have the change your line for you.

I dont know anybody other then some squid like somebody around here that would even think about pileing into a wall, that much more possible with a 1000 then with a 600. Both are lightening fast, check out this comparison to see just how ruler close the 1/4 times are in a liter bike, then in compairison to a 600, of the same manufacterer and year.
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_street_bike_performance_times/

Anything else?

haha, show me where I called you a squid?!? Only 150K KM?!? I've been riding for too many years and have done about the same as you for K's logged on 2 wheels so before you bust out the 'I'm high and mighty' shit you should just relax a little bit.

What I said that for the AVERAGE rider a 6 or a 1k isn't going to make much of a difference in the twisties. A good rider on a 6 and a good rider on a 1K maybe but not for the people on this board. I know of a couple of people that it would but like I said not many......

Good on you for dragging knee in the clover leaf, as if that isn't so played out and the worst place you could be doing that. I play on the track where tickets just are not a possibility!

Rotating mass if the biggest influence in the way a bike reacts to the rider, more mass harder to turn. Any 11th grade physics student could tell you that and of course I can not argue what is true. The line that you take in a corner should not deviate much but more the lean angle, the faster you go the more lean angle you need to take the same line through the corner until you just go too fast that your tires are not able to grip the asphalt and you low side.

By the way the R1 has too much power to be usable for 98% of the riders in this world. I can only hope to use 80% of the bikes power and ability, modern sport bikes are capable of out riding even the most experienced riders! BTW I rode a 600 all last year so you're preaching to the choir anyway.

Graham_A_M
07-18-2007, 10:09 PM
show me where I called you a squid?!?
then later

I dont know, does this answer your question? :dunno: :thumbsup:

Only 150K KM?!? I've been riding for too many years and have done about the same as you for K's logged on 2 wheels so before you bust out the 'I'm high and mighty' shit you should just relax a little bit.

Hmm, you've somehow ALSO logged on 150,000km's on bikes, yet you come out with this statement

Ah, makes perfect sense:rofl:
:banghead:

3clips3
07-18-2007, 10:39 PM

I dont know, does this answer your question? :dunno: :thumbsup:

Hmm, you've somehow ALSO logged on 150,000km's on bikes, yet you come out with this statement

Ah, makes perfect sense:rofl:
:banghead:

Umm, okay then. I come back expecting a witty response and the above is what I get? Please continue with your ramblings as I am sure that there are a couple other squids that would enjoy it....

You had already mentioned you've logged 150K KM so why you felt the need to repeat it is beyond me.

Thanks for comin' out! :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
07-18-2007, 10:52 PM
^ Wow, how do I need to be witty to prove that your a hypocrite and an idiot? you've contradicted yourself numerous times, I've even taken the liberty to point them out quite clearly, in my last post.
Doesn't that answer your question for that "is that all I get?"

:dunno:

3clips3
07-19-2007, 10:12 AM
^ Wow, how do I need to be witty to prove that your a hypocrite and an idiot? you've contradicted yourself numerous times, I've even taken the liberty to point them out quite clearly, in my last post.
Doesn't that answer your question for that "is that all I get?"

:dunno:

Sarcasm doesn't seem to come through in text now does it?! Let's try this then; you're the best rider on this board by far and everyone should look up to you and the great wisdom that you can copy and paste into this forum. One day I can only hope to ride as much as you do and have your vastly superior skills on two wheels. One day....

A_Friend
07-23-2007, 02:21 AM
why not choose something a bit more forgiving?? starting on a 600 isn't really a good idea, how bout something like a sv650 or something??

Alak
07-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by A_Friend
why not choose something a bit more forgiving?? starting on a 600 isn't really a good idea, how bout something like a sv650 or something??

I chose the bike I was most comfortable on.

If your most comfortable on a bigger bike, then buy that bike. My brothers first bike was a GSX-R 1000. He's 6'4 and 270-ish pounds. It looked like a pocket bike with him on it.

iceburns288
07-29-2007, 12:38 PM
This thread hurts my head.:banghead:

Graham_A_M
07-29-2007, 05:07 PM
^ Tell me about it:rofl:

dimi
08-12-2007, 01:04 PM
I have owned a R6 for 3 years now, I have ridden a few 1000s, and I can say that I enjoy the 600 more.

Get some life insurance for sure.

Raven_R1
08-12-2007, 01:23 PM
600 or 750 ? No thanx.. Rode my friend 07 750 for all day Damn sorry not my type

Big Dangerous
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
WtF? Wow, squids from fucking hell in this thread. The R1 and R6 will kill you equally. Rampant stupidity in the bike scene is what's getting people killed. A lot of you would save lives if you didn't give advice at all.

Rsxy, don't fool yourself, you're not getting an R1 :rolleyes:

theken
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
i got an r1 for a first bike, i am "larger" around 260, i think its perfect for me, a 600 would be undoubtably slower then a 1, and i can handle a 1 cause i am bigger then most riders, i can throw the bike around like a toy, either way, if you are going to be a retard on a bike you will die, if you choose to ride safe and smart and get a bike for the right reasons, (not to tune a vette) you should have no problems

LiquidSilver
09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

8Ball
09-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Big Dangerous
WtF? Wow, squids from fucking hell in this thread. The R1 and R6 will kill you equally. Rampant stupidity in the bike scene is what's getting people killed. A lot of you would save lives if you didn't give advice at all.

Rsxy, don't fool yourself, you're not getting an R1 :rolleyes:

exactly.... long gone are the days a 600 is a good starting bike!

Graham_A_M
09-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Oh God I wish this thread would be locked, and die a slow death, the amount of bickering and horse-shit that went on in these 4 pages has been pretty idiotic. :nut: