PDA

View Full Version : Car clubs in high schools

LUDELVR
10-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Just thinking about it and wondering how many of you guys had a car club at your high school.

I'm thinking about starting one up and am brainstorming some ideas of what would be on the curriculum. I mean it's all well and good to have one and to just shoot the shit and talk tech but I'd like to have some sort of skills or knowledge based agenda for the lessons.

If you have any ideas or have done something in the past, post up! :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Oh yah, and ogling the import tuner girls wouldn't be on the list of things to do...that's reserved for time spent in the toilet! ;) :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Not so much in highschool since we all had shitty rides back then.. but a year or 2 after is when it all happened.

Casa
10-27-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Not so much in highschool since we all had shitty rides back then.. but a year or 2 after is when it all happened.

thats exactly it. I don't think too many school's had car clubs did they?

topmade
10-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Not so much in highschool since we all had shitty rides back then.. but a year or 2 after is when it all happened. :werd: unless you like to talk about beat up and rusted civics and neons. Just take a mechanics class so at least the guys that are in there are interested in the same thing as you.

nbaker00
10-27-2008, 12:49 PM
We don't have an actual CarClub, but the parking lot every day is like a Car show lol.
Kids pull up in Bentleys, Ferraris, Astons all the time lol.
Of course those are daddy's toys generally but alot of the kids are driving higher end BMW/Merc/Porsche etc.

MikeAg
10-27-2008, 12:53 PM
lower percentage of kids in high school have nice cars to show off

05*CivicRS
10-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Theres rarely any clubs. Too much hate or jealousy. The school i come from is a junior/senior high. And almost everyday you'll see finger prints and food wrappings on peoples cars. I had a slurpee cup in my fart can before.

LadyLuck
10-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by nbaker00
We don't have an actual CarClub, but the parking lot every day is like a Car show lol.
Kids pull up in Bentleys, Ferraris, Astons all the time lol.
Of course those are daddy's toys generally but alot of the kids are driving higher end BMW/Merc/Porsche etc.

What the hell, what school do you go to??? lol

Eleanor
10-27-2008, 01:18 PM
There was only like one or two "nice" cars at Abe.

White 2nd gen MR-2 & a riced out Del Sol of course :rofl:

l/l/rX
10-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
There was only like one or two "nice" cars at Abe.

White 2nd gen MR-2 & a riced out Del Sol of course :rofl:

what year did you graduate? what color was the del sol? black?

i would say the year i graduated there were some fairly decent cars at abe. Quite a few people had nice rides that were never seen at school though.

LUDELVR
10-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Well keep in mind that I'm looking for some ideas because I know that most kids don't have nice cars, but you'd be surprised how many kids are rolling in mum's and dad's high end whip!!! :bigpimp:

Anyways, I reckon that it'd be more of a place just to gain an appreciation for the after market industry and potential routes that guys (and gals) can take with their rides.

l/l/rX
10-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Well keep in mind that I'm looking for some ideas because I know that most kids don't have nice cars, but you'd be surprised how many kids are rolling in mum's and dad's high end whip!!! :bigpimp:

Anyways, I reckon that it'd be more of a place just to gain an appreciation for the after market industry and potential routes that guys (and gals) can take with their rides.

tuning 101, things to do to your car, that the general tuning community accepts.

driving 111, why not to drive like an ass hat on the streets.

Trends 213, the tuning communities trends over the last few decades. The body kit phase, crazy sound systems, altezza phase, now to the present, its more of a sleeper trend, JDM sh!t yO, 24" dubs, bling blang stuff.

meh ionno.

Eleanor
10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
^ PM'd you WRX

Xtrema
10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

What the hell, what school do you go to??? lol

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/192927/thanks-to-my-brother-rip-e55/

EK 2.0
10-27-2008, 01:55 PM
When I was at Fowler oh SO many years ago...we actually had events with Race City.

Built a drag car and everything...Granted, it was a SBC Chevy IIRC...but yeah...

l/l/rX
10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
base it off this forum. you got performance, looks and styling, audio, automotive news, etc etc.

EK 2.0
10-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

base it off this forum. you got performance, looks and styling, audio, automotive news, etc etc.

I don't think professional Mr. D needs the potential association with the Ask Leo parts of the forums...

Especially as a teacher in the public school system...

l/l/rX
10-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

I don't think professional Mr. D needs the potential association with the Ask Leo parts of the forums...

well obviously leave those parts out, just the ones that are directly related to automotive stuff.
or base it off the mechanics class, except go 1 step further and get more into performance aspect of mechanics.

Inzane
10-27-2008, 02:24 PM
This is a :facepalm: thread.

LUDELVR
10-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
This is a :facepalm: thread.

I really don't know what you were expecting from this thread. Not everything I attach myself to has to have tits, ass, vag or all of the above...granted it usually does or ends up having all of the above! :dunno: Sometimes my threads have that too!! ;)

Inzane
10-27-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm giving this one the facepalm because we're talking about HIGH SCHOOL here. There shouldn't even be enough nice cars there to even warrant a club.

nobb
10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
A better place to start a car club would be at UofC. Theres already a million other clubs there for other hobbies/religions/whatever. I dont think you necessarily need nice cars to have a car club. Why not just a bunch of people who are interested in cars and maybe learn a thing or two from each other?

mazdavirgin
10-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by nobb
A better place to start a car club would be at UofC. Theres already a million other clubs there for other hobbies/religions/whatever. I dont think you necessarily need nice cars to have a car club. Why not just a bunch of people who are interested in cars and maybe learn a thing or two from each other?

I donno about that man... When I was at the UofC I was busy eating cup noodles and taking the train/blue limo. I wasn't exactly rolling about in a nice car... Then again maybe there are enough parentally rich kids at the UofC to justify a club :\

max_boost
10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Did you get a contract Leo? Where are you teaching?

You can teach them ghetto hookups 101. It'll be good for the kids. They'll learn how to install decks, change altezza lights, install ricer bulbs, change the oil, tire rotation etc. When they are ready for the next level, you show them how to drift a FWD and other advanced driving concepts.

They can utilize their skills and make some $$$ on the side too. Just like what their teacher did back in the day but you did it for pho!! :D

HP2133
10-27-2008, 06:32 PM
I call BS :P / show us pics

Originally posted by nbaker00
Kids pull up in Bentleys, Ferraris, Astons all the time

black13
10-27-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't think it'll work in high School cause most everyone is in that "rice" phase with their big ass spoilers, alteza lights, and loud mufflers.
Still it can't be worse than half the clubs that were in my high school, like Star Wars/chess clubs :facepalm:

max_boost
10-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by black13
I don't think it'll work in high School cause most everyone is in that "rice" phase with their big ass spoilers, alteza lights, and loud mufflers.

hahaha LUDELVR's Prelude would fit right in :D:thumbsup:

Do you still have the car Leo?

I know you are rolling around in a S2 these days. :bigpimp:

EK 2.0
10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

You can teach them ghetto hookups 101. It'll be good for the kids. They'll learn how to install decks, change altezza lights, install ricer bulbs, change the oil, tire rotation etc. When they are ready for the next level, you show them how to drift a FWD and other advanced driving concepts.

Don't forget ANYTHING that has to do with JB WELD!!!

LUDELVR
10-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

hahaha LUDELVR's Prelude would fit right in :D:thumbsup:

Do you still have the car Leo?

I know you are rolling around in a S2 these days. :bigpimp:

haha, yah mate, but I've gotten rid of the altezzas...:( I know, it's a sad sad day to hear that aye!! ;)

I still have that car too. Surprisingly enough, it's WAY| faster than my s2k! That thing is SOOOO slow!!! But then again, it handles like a freaking go cart! :thumbsup:

And yes, what better way to teach something that I can relate and completely empathize with their situations!! :rofl:

AutodreamMarvin
10-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Does anybody remember those crews back in the day?

Generation-R?

Import Racing Society?

Crewcial?

Whatever Nookmum was before?

The crew from Bagolac? (I can't remember the name)

The 25 CRX Special Editions(91, silver) ALL with Niche Bahn wheels? (i'm pretty sure those guys were a crew, or even a gang! ahah)

Yeah man, there were tons back before FnF came out.

Niche, Neeper, or MHT's on Wings west Supra, touring, or 3 piece spoiler, and DTM, bullnose, or 5zigen style tips, and you were HOT SHIT!

Redlyne_mr2
10-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh yah .. what was Spyderman's crews name? Team intrigue? Those cars were nuts for back then.. Custom paint, body kit, BOV's, wheels and coilover sleeves... ballin'

DanDB64
10-29-2008, 10:01 AM
UNLEASHED VELOCITY

adam c
10-29-2008, 10:11 AM
there were "clubs" and nice cars in my HS

clubs would be the Russians with their preludes
nice cars, Hakkola's would be one of them, there were a couple BMW, a couple other MB, a pretty nice integra for the time. can't remember what else

Inzane
10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by AutodreamMarvin
Niche, Neeper, or MHT's on Wings west Supra,

Wow, that's some pretty poor taste in wheels. I can remember back in the day (~10-12 years ago) that seemed to be all I could get flyers and info for from local tire & wheel shops. When I saw what was actually in the catalogs and flyers, suffice to say I :rofl:'d.

speedracer
10-29-2008, 02:49 PM

If you have any ideas or have done something in the past, post up! :thumbsup:

You can't create a course on the usefulness of JB weld?

vipstyle2
10-29-2008, 09:53 PM
At my school Notre dame , we dont realy have a club but after school and during our last periods we check out everyones rides and stuff, basically a big group of close friends chillin in the parking lot with our cars parked ricer style =p =]

vipstyle2
10-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
I'm giving this one the facepalm because we're talking about HIGH SCHOOL here. There shouldn't even be enough nice cars there to even warrant a club.

I have a nice car, people im friends with have nice cars lancer,celica,240sx,jetta=],integra,civic,rx8,audi whats wrong with a younger generation driving nice whips and going to a garage to work on them to later take them out for cruises and secret street.
Dont hate .... its a hobby ... and highschool is where alot of people gain interest in automotives.:dunno:

sexualbanana
10-29-2008, 11:16 PM

I really don't know what you were expecting from this thread. Not everything I attach myself to has to have tits, ass, vag or all of the above...granted it usually does or ends up having all of the above! :dunno: Sometimes my threads have that too!! ;)

I know. You suck now that you're getting old. :D

LUDELVR
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I know. You suck now that you're getting old. :D

It's not that I suck, it's more that I lick..or lap rather, in a very methodical motion! ;) Besides, I'm just a bit more leary and avoid temerity in posting that shit on the net! Seriously, do you want to see my cock going in and out, in and out? In that case, You've got PM! ;) :thumbsup: :rofl:

LUDELVR
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by speedracer

You can't create a course on the usefulness of JB weld?

Don't even get me started on this one mate!! ;) :rofl:

403civic
10-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by 05*CivicRS
Theres rarely any clubs. Too much hate or jealousy. The school i come from is a junior/senior high. And almost everyday you'll see finger prints and food wrappings on peoples cars. I had a slurpee cup in my fart can before.
some fag gave me a ricer ticket once
ROFL!

LongCity
10-30-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by HP2133
I call BS :P / show us pics

If it's Rundle College, don't be surprised.

ringmaster
10-30-2008, 01:31 AM
I drive a shit box

speedracer
10-30-2008, 03:22 AM

Don't even get me started on this one mate!! ;) :rofl:

:rofl:

Kidding aside.

IMO, a driving school would be the best way. You get the best of both worlds - the mechanics on how things get put together and driving experience.

The caveat would be the legal crap that comes with it :(

weeznah
10-30-2008, 09:33 AM
at grandin i actually tried to start a car club with one of my buddies last year and we had like track days all set up and like the best way to drag/drift/autocross, classes for like everything.then like all the guys who thought they were king shit with there cars never showed up.So there was a total of like 8 kids who actually came.
im not sure if it would be different at your school or not. I thought there were more "car enthusiests" at my school but everyone just thought the knew what they were talking about.

adam c
10-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by weeznah
at grandin...

there's your problem right there

speedracer
10-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by weeznah
at grandin i actually tried to start a car club with one of my buddies last year and we had like track days all set up and like the best way to drag/drift/autocross, classes for like everything.then like all the guys who thought they were king shit with there cars never showed up.So there was a total of like 8 kids who actually came.
im not sure if it would be different at your school or not. I thought there were more "car enthusiests" at my school but everyone just thought the knew what they were talking about.

Why reinvent the wheel?

Should contact the "Professionals" that are organizing events such as Calgary Sports Car Club, Southern Alberta Sports Car Club, Western Canada Motor sport.

I would rule out any track days. It's doubtful many are actual car owners. And think about all the what if's...

I was aiming for something smaller like karting. When it comes to driving REAL cars you will get very few people. Talks rather cheap :D

TravisD62
12-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

hahahahahahahahaha, he taught me english in grade 10 then later i was surfing beyond whilst trying to sell my big ricer tach and stumbled across that section. :D

TomcoPDR
12-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Be sure to include an after school program to teach them how to post, make a thread, rant, use marketplace properly on Beyond.