nonlinear
10-27-2008, 01:54 PM
does anyone know if there are any?

kaput
10-27-2008, 02:08 PM

nonlinear
10-27-2008, 02:19 PM
LOL good question

there is an israeli place on macleod across from chinook... great, freshly-prepared falafels (only place i've found in the city that actually fries them fresh to order), but i prefer them the palestinian way where they stuff the pita pocket instead of rolling it. but i'm afraid to ask the jewish dude to stuff the pocket in case he starts yelling at me to get out.

badatusrnames
10-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Would a Palestinian restaurant differ much from Lebanese cuisine for example??

cet
10-27-2008, 02:34 PM
There's also a Persian place downtown between 10th Street and 9th Street on 9th Ave.

Atlas Specialty Supermarket & Persian Cuisine
100-1000 9 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB T2P 2Y6

nonlinear
10-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames
Would a Palestinian restaurant differ much from Lebanese cuisine for example??

in university, i was good pals with two exchange students from lebanon, and they would always trash the cuisine of neighboring countries (syria especially), although who knows if this is just a local rivalry thing or whatever.

also, the Palestinian family i knew that would stuff the falafels in the sandwich said that the rolling method was 'how the jews did it" LOL

so i mean yea, they do eat the same food items, but i think there are national variations in cuisine.

just asking cause i had a lot of good Palestinian food, and want to find some here.

Weapon_R
10-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Try Sahara restaurant in downtown. I don't know if its Palestinian but its awesome. Get the sampler for two and you'll try a bit of everything.

dannie
10-30-2008, 01:47 PM
I was in Israel this summer for a couple days and totally miss some of the food. Sahara is Lebanese food and you are right about the falafel place across from chinook, but I haven't had anything similar to israeli or palestinian food in calgary. It is different from Lebanese food, for sure.

ZorroAMG
10-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Sahara is Lebanese....they're our tenants...great restaurant! :)

Aida's is also one of the best...

Palestinian, like other arab countries, offer a variation of dishes originating in Lebanon.

Kinda like how lexus copied the S-class a few years ago...a facsimile at best :D

/pro-lebanese bs

Hoagie
01-21-2009, 06:48 PM
I tried atlas today and it was really good first time trying persian food and I really enjoyed it.:clap:

ZorroAMG
01-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Atlas is AMAZING persian food...I eat there lots when I am in Calgary. Family owned, great people.