PDA

View Full Version : Blueprints?

Unknown303
10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Anyone know where I would track down blueprints for a Condo? Trying to figure out a few things and having a detailed design would be helpful.

barmanjay
10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
What are you trying to figure out?

ninja stealth entrance's?

Unknown303
10-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Something along those lines....

Kind of secondary to my current issue is I want to find out if one inner wall is load bearing.

And then for my current issue I'm hoping there is mention on plumbing locations for main shut off valves and things like that. Was about to replace my bathroom sink and realized that there are no shutoff valves underneath. So thinking they could be behind the wall in the laundry room I put a little peaking hole in that wall and it looks like they just head straight out of my condo downwards but with no valves or anything in site.

I'm a little confused as I thought it was code to have shut off valves in each condo unit for all taps etc.

barmanjay
10-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Load bearing?

I sincerely hope you are not removing any walls in your condo unit!!!

you HAVE to check with you condo board to see if you are allowed to do any kind of reno like that.

Anyways,.. most of the older condos have central water shut-off's in little peep holes near the floor, usually in the main bath or laundry areas,.. flat head screwdriver needed to shut off.

Best find out from the condo maintenance man where the unit shut-offs are.

Unknown303
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah I'm definitely checking with the Condo board before any wall removal. Just wanted to see the prints to figure out if it was even plausible before asking.

And thanks for the tip on the shutoff valve. I'm still having a pain in the ass time actually locating it but I'm sure it will eventually show up. Just have to keep looking I guess.

skyline19
10-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Something along those lines....

Kind of secondary to my current issue is I want to find out if one inner wall is load bearing.

And then for my current issue I'm hoping there is mention on plumbing locations for main shut off valves and things like that. Was about to replace my bathroom sink and realized that there are no shutoff valves underneath. So thinking they could be behind the wall in the laundry room I put a little peaking hole in that wall and it looks like they just head straight out of my condo downwards but with no valves or anything in site.

I'm a little confused as I thought it was code to have shut off valves in each condo unit for all taps etc.

No, it is only code to have shutoffs on toilets.

It sounds like this is an older building because nowadays most plumbing outfits put shutoffs on every fixture. so my best bet is that all the main shutoffs to your building are all centralized in a single mechanical room.

Word of advice, if your hot water tank is electric and you shutoff your water supply make sure you turn your tank off. The element inside your tank will burn itself out and you will have to replace it. Believe me ive replaced more hot water tanks then i can remember because of this reason.