PDA

View Full Version : Taking Action Under The Fair Trading Act

BrknFngrs
10-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Is anyone aware of a way to force a business to act within the "fair trading act" without going through the process of suing them?

Specifically, the company provided my mother with information they knew to be false (arrival time for a product) for the purpose of getting a sale. This is explicitly noted as grounds for cancellation of the transaction (with the customer receiving a refund) in the Fair Trading Act but the dollar value of the product is far too low to warrant a lawsuit.

She didn't purchase the item on her credit card so charge backs aren't possible. (I don't think you can do a "charge back" through your bank if the purchase was made on debit, please correct me if I'm wrong)

For reference, the company is "Plumbfull Warehouse" and they have a "unsatisfactory" standing with the better business bureau currently; though it doesn't really seem like the BBB is capable of doing too much to a company.

If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know.

97'Scort
10-27-2008, 09:30 PM
Show them this thread and how many people visit beyond daily?

BrknFngrs
10-27-2008, 10:28 PM
I guess there really aren't too many options. Bad publicity can be hard on a business but I doubt they really care; if they did they would be more inclined to settle things with the BBB I would think.

canuckcarguy
10-27-2008, 10:30 PM
How much $?