PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth handsfree

HiSpec
10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
I am looking to buy a Bluetooth handsfree for my phone.
Some of my friends recommended me looking into Planetronics (sp?) and Jawbone.
Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with either makers?

Thanks

chengj
10-28-2008, 01:30 PM
I have a Jawbone (1st Gen) and absolutely love it. The fit can be a bit finicky for some people, but it performs great. Audio quality is solid and I had to reglue a piece that came loose (I was a bit rough with it). It still works great. I hear the second gen improves on the fit, but I can't comment on it. If I buy another headset, it'll be a Jawbone for sure.

I haven't personally used a plantronics but I do know that they are generally very highly rated. There's a much wider selection of prices and features. I bought a cheaper plantronics for my mom(so she wouldn't drive with her phone) and though she doesn't talk on her cell much anymore, it works pretty well.

Plantronics and the Aliph Jawbone have been both rated consistently on top for the last few years. You can't go wrong with either.

Xtrema
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
gen1 jawbone is a bit big.

I would go for gen2.

Most Plantronics are good but smaller ones has lower battery life.

dragonone
10-28-2008, 02:17 PM
yeah most ppl that own a jawbone think it's too big and wearing it takes more time because of the ear loop

take a look at the platronics 925, it's their top of the line and not one single review i read had any issues with call quality, which is the single most important thing imo

realazy
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
I have a Samsung WEP410, it works great. It dosen't have a clip or anything, it's just an in ear earbud and stays in place by wedging in your ear.

dragonone
10-28-2008, 04:21 PM
samsung is something i would not recommend. try talking on that in the wind or if you have the window even just slightly down when driving

it does look very good tho