PDA

View Full Version : Piercing question for those who may have lip piercing...

ekguy
10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Well here's the deal. Had my labret done 5 times and now I have the side done instead of the middle. But it seemed to heal right but now it's sorta swollen. Almost looks like a blister by the ring on both sides...I'm wondering how to fix this without taking it out since I really like it.

I'm about to clean it with boiling water and salt and see what that does but I want more ideas here...I basically feel like it may be infected and need advice on infected piercings here.

kutt3r
10-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Peroxide?
If it fizzes you know it is infected...

Have you called the shop that you got it done at?
I am sure they would know what to try much better...

LadyLuck
10-30-2008, 09:07 AM
better hope thats not a keloid forming around it

gen2teggy
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
does it matter what kind of piercing ring u got in there?

ekguy
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by LadyLuck
better hope thats not a keloid forming around it

looked that up and it's not the end of the world if it is. Since if it is I got it early and can treat it easily. Going to pick up some tea tree oil and apply that to it. Either way I only have one of the many many listed symptoms. It isn't itchy, painfull...Well it's painful, but so little it's almost a joke. I can still move the ring around and everything. Going to try and ice it down a bit. Seems to be worse when I wake up then goes down during the day.

nat_skyline
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by ekguy
Going to pick up some tea tree oil and apply that to it.

Ditto on the Tea tree oil. it was too strong and dry out my skin, So I had to delute with a bit of water...
And when that Dint work for any of my piercings.. I realised I was alergic to sergical(spelling?) steel
So I had to switch to titanium... everything healed fine...

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-30-2008, 11:51 AM
OH wow, I wonder if I am allergic to surgical steel, I have had numerous peircings, and they have all got infected even though I take amazing care of them...
Tea Tree Oil is awful by the way, I find it always makes them WAY more infected...But everyone is different, right?

JAYMEZ
10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
^^^ Probably , I know im allergic to them , and a couple of my peircings got infected badly

EK 2.0
10-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

^^^ Probably , I know im allergic to them , and a couple of my peircings got infected badly

We all told you not to get your junk pierced...

em2ab
10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Happened with my helix, just wait it out and it should be fine. Mine took over 6 months because I wasn't aware having it done with a gun for $5 at a hair salon was a bad idea.

Kona9
10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by kutt3r
Peroxide?
If it fizzes you know it is infected...

Have you called the shop that you got it done at?
I am sure they would know what to try much better...

I would not use Peroxide. The good ol' white cell killa! It may work, although results from Sea Salt and Hot Water as well as maybe epsun (sp?) salts/Tea Tree oil may help you better.

I still believe you are better off calling a few piercing parlors to get your answer rather than Beyond. JMO

Good luck.

Dumbass17
10-30-2008, 12:10 PM
do you clean it regularly?
i used biotene mouth wash alot when i first got my lip ring (recommended by piercer)
http://images.google.ca/url?q=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411Y483CESL._SL500_AA280_.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFfT0gA87QelFvIPr94o17MLHFYDw

and then i cleaned it with something that i cannot remember the name of the life for me...white bottle, green cap, in the mouth care aisle
i just drop a few drops on a q-tip and clean the ring

mine did swell up for a few days but went back down

good luck with the side lip ring..i took mine out about 8 months later cuz i kept biting it or tonguing it....now i just have a stud/labret on the side :P

EK 2.0
10-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

epsun (sp?)

Epsom...

Kona9
10-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Epsom...

Thanks Broseph!

EK 2.0
10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

Thanks Broseph!

It's what homies do...homie...

ekguy
10-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Well had it for a couple months now so i dunno why all of a sudden it acted up. Going to rinse it and soak it in sea salt and water tonight. And I'm going to get that Mouth Wash as well tomorrow morning.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
do you clean it regularly?
i used biotene mouth wash alot when i first got my lip ring (recommended by piercer)
http://images.google.ca/url?q=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411Y483CESL._SL500_AA280_.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFfT0gA87QelFvIPr94o17MLHFYDw

and then i cleaned it with something that i cannot remember the name of the life for me...white bottle, green cap, in the mouth care aisle
i just drop a few drops on a q-tip and clean the ring

mine did swell up for a few days but went back down

good luck with the side lip ring..i took mine out about 8 months later cuz i kept biting it or tonguing it....now i just have a stud/labret on the side :P

I think what you used was bactine...
I have been useing salene soloution for a while... I wonder about it's effectiveness

analbumcover
10-31-2008, 12:14 PM
does it look like this?

http://www.visualdxhealth.com/images/dx/webTeen/orofacialHerpesSimplexVirusHSV_2150_lg.jpg

Dumbass17
10-31-2008, 12:36 PM
EWWW WTF

ekguy
10-31-2008, 02:43 PM
hahahahah gross no. Swelling seems to have gone wayyy down since I started using my Listerine again. Washed it a couple times with distilled water that I had and it seems to have gone down quite a bit. So if it swells up again then I will take some more extreme measures to take care of it. Seems to me I may have just neglected it a bit and drinking alot of beer was probably not a good idea as well (yeast) so we'll see how it goes now.