Vehicle Details
Year:1996 :
Make and Model: LX? Fully loaded :
Exterior Color:Red :
Interior ColorGray:
Auto or Manual?: Auto:
Odometer Reading 260 000km:
Location of Vehicle SE Calgary :

Up for sale is a 1996 Ford Windstar. The exterior color is Red, the interior is gray cloth, 1st and 2nd row bucket seats, 3rd row bench, seats 7. In very good condition cosmetically for its age, it has always been parked in a heated garage and has almost no rust. This van has been in my family since new and has been very reliable with few problems. I have the complete folder with invoices for every repair and maintence ever done to the vehicle since it was new. I have driven this minivan for over 3 years now without it ever letting me down or any major repairs.

The engine and transmission on this minivan seem solid and have no problems that I know of. However the van does need some work as follows:

-New front and back brakes, rotors, drums, pads, basically the works.

-Has some suspension problems including one broken spring? Not sure the exact details on this but I can check with my mechanic or you can check yourself or have your mechanic check if necessary.

-Basically I was told by my mechanic that it needs about $1000 worth of work (parts and labour) for brakes/suspension in order to make it safe to drive.

-Electrical problems - Many of the dash lights come on or stay on intermittently, including the ABS, Check engine light, E brake light, etc. Also when going past 80km/hr the speedometer bounces so that you only know how fast your going give or take 10km/hr or so. It doesn't seem to effect vehicle performance, just is kind of an annoyance.

-Passenger side power window doesn't work. Not sure if its the motor or just the switch/wiring, my guess is the motor, but I've never really bothered looking into it.

Anyways I no longer need this vehicle, its just sitting in my Mothers car port. I don't know if there will be any interest in it but it looks good and still has some life left in it, I think. It could be a good winter beater for someone at the very least. But if no one shoots me an offer I will just donate it to Kidney foundation for the tax refund. However the engine and transmission seem solid and the Body and interior are in really good shape. I've had it 3 yrs now and its never left me stranded, however it definitley does need brake work as it doesn't stop very quickly. Other than that it drives very nicely.

I'm asking for $750 for it. I would also be willing to consider trades such as IPODs, laptop computers, Wii, PS3, GPS, portable dvd player, etc. I will post pics of her on Saturday when I'm at my Mom's house. Best way to contact me is through pm here on beyond, I check the site regularly and will respond to inquires and questions promptly, within a day or two. Thanks.
Extras :
Asking Price 750 :

Contact Information
E-Mail :
[B]Phone