PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy a used car

szw
11-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Looking for some tips to buying a used car out in Toronto, never bought one before. So I assume I should be getting a carproof report. Is it standard to get some overall check at a shop?

Do you think its better to get an older car with higher KM or a newer car with lower km from an overall reliability and value standpoint?

Looking to buy something like:
- 02-04 civic
- 05-06 civic with lower km
- maybe a 02-04 rsx

Open to some other similar options. Budget really depends on the car. No fixed maximum value, I just want a good deal but also something I'll enjoy. The cars above are in the price range I want to spend.

I prefer a 2 door with a manual tranny but I'm not really that into cars so if there is a good deal for a decent looking 4 door auto I won't be heartbroken.

max_boost
11-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah get car proof to see the history of the car whether it's been in accidents etc.

Ask the owner if he has any service history on the vehicle.

You can take it to shops for a thorough check and see what needs replacing.

Civics are reliable though and cheap to maintain and fix. If you want something sport RSX's are a good choice.

I always go for lower mileage one owner cars.

There are so many cars to pick from using your criteria.

You want to buy or lease? You can always look through www.leasebusters.com since most of the cars are in the greater T.O area. Find one that has a good payment, warranty remaining and maybe even get some cash from the owner to take over the lease!!

Casa
11-02-2008, 01:32 PM
i messaged you SZW!