PDA

View Full Version : P/T Construction/Labourer positions

wiggaplz
11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Is it just me or do none of the big companies hire part time? i just called about 5 companies, and all just gave me the simple "send in your resume", no interview, no follow up, nothing...

anyone know any companies that hire part time and that cater to students? i'm having a tough time finding a decent job.

pinoyhero
11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
I think construction jobs are going to be toughto come by esp for someone with limited epxerience. I have heard nothing but those jobs falling off given the economy, Jaymack homes for example I've heard just fired 50% of their staff ... and you guessed it, all the lower level ones ...

wiggaplz
11-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
I think construction jobs are going to be toughto come by esp for someone with limited epxerience. I have heard nothing but those jobs falling off given the economy, Jaymack homes for example I've heard just fired 50% of their staff ... and you guessed it, all the lower level ones ...

i wouldn't say i have limited exp, (i have like 8 months electrical, couple months home reno, 4 months landscaping etc.)

Man its tough to find a decent job...jeez.

rinny
11-02-2008, 03:42 PM
If you want to work part time, try Labor Ready? Or some other temp solutions

adam c
11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz

i wouldn't say i have limited exp, (i have like 8 months electrical, couple months home reno, 4 months landscaping etc.)

Man its tough to find a decent job...jeez.

there's lots of PT jobs out there, lower your pride standards

you can always check diversified industrial division

wiggaplz
11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
thing is, i have all this experience especially in electrical. i wouldn't say i'm overly skilled but i'm not some plug who's done nothing, that's why i find it hard to lower my standards lol.

ah well.

adam c
11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
like i said

Originally posted by adam c

check diversified industrial division

wiggaplz
11-03-2008, 04:09 PM
what's the rate of pay for diversified industrial?

adam c
11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
i don't know.. call them, go DT and walk in for an interview?

they have more than just one position available

wiggaplz
11-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by adam c
i don't know.. call them, go DT and walk in for an interview?

they have more than just one position available

yeah i did it one time last year for a day and it was like 13 bucks from what i remember, then they fucked me around and didn't even give me a paycheck for a day of work.

that's why i'm a little hesitant to go back there.