PDA

View Full Version : Quality cars calgary

DomesticBoy
11-02-2008, 09:47 PM
anybody been there before? hows the customer service? are their cars in good shape? im interested in going down there and checking out their stock, their prices seem to be very reasonable.

From anybody experience if anybody has been down there, how was it? The sales associates are they shady? and are their cars maintained properly?

Stupid questions i know but theres a rx7 and a skyline gtr on their website that looks good and seems to be a good price, i figure i should post and see anybodys poing of view of how the place is.

here is the link if it helps, im looking at the pearl white gtr and the blue rx7

Casa
11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Sketch IMO

toastgremlin
11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Is it just me, or do most of the importer websites look sketchy as hell?

I've heard good things about Zen (detailing, prepping, getting extra parts to fix up the car before delivery) and they seem to have a Skyline R32 GTR in their broker stock.

They also have a fire engine

silviak91
11-03-2008, 06:03 PM
He is a OK guy had my surf for a year runs good still he is just trying to make a living just like all of us .I'M going to by another of him when this one dies or if he gets one in that i like.

DomesticBoy
11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
yea it looks like he is
i should go and find out for myself tho
like i said his cars are at a decent price
and he also offers finaincing on all his vehicles
so i think im going to make a trip out there this weekend

nbaker00
11-03-2008, 06:16 PM
EDIT: NVM.. it's gone? lol

DomesticBoy
11-03-2008, 10:03 PM
haha i sure guess so
when i read what u said i was like uhhhhh theres nothing there haha

prae
11-03-2008, 11:13 PM
what I want to know is how much room for negotiation there is on imports... a lot of these import places act like sticker is what you are gonna pay. (LOL)

DannyO
11-03-2008, 11:29 PM
That firetruck is wicked, may have to pick one of those up and drive round spraying people.

funkedelic2
11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by DannyO
That firetruck is wicked, may have to pick one of those up and drive round spraying people.

gta style

ExtraSlow
11-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Anyone want to go halfsies on that fire engine? I love the tach!

Boosted Gtir
11-04-2008, 08:51 AM
green = sweet spot on that tach hahaha

toastgremlin
11-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Anyone want to go halfsies on that fire engine? I love the tach! We could start our own fire company. I bet we could get to places much faster than the "legitimate" fire department; that thing is small and would probably be pretty zippy with some appropriate modification.

GQBalla
11-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Quality cars well the title screams shady already.

Took a look there and was amazed on the crap I saw, everycar was dented somewhere, bodylines messed, side skirts falling off.

An rx7 was leaking coolant and we were looking at it. Don't see how they offer financing but whatever, didn't even bother asking.

Just being there seemed like I was doing something illegal and trust me all the cars look 1000 percent times better on their website. Out front they had a bunch of other cars sitting there smashed up. As I left I smelled fresh paint so I'm assuming they were painting something.

I would stay away imo. Unless u can haggle like crazy and buy one of the OK ones for like 5 k.

DomesticBoy
11-04-2008, 11:25 PM
thanks for the info man
that helps a little bit when going down there and looking at his stuff
i dont want to be all amazed at the cars he has on the website until i go see it, things arent always what they seem right?

ill be sure to take a good look at what he has, hopefully i land on a good deal, well see in the long run

prae
11-05-2008, 08:44 AM
personally I'd avoid it and stay DomesticBoy. People will like you better than RHDFaggot any day.

DomesticBoy
11-05-2008, 08:52 AM
This is true haha:werd:

bosa
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Been there a few times unfortunately.. They import more stock than they can handle. Realize they get their cars for super cheap. I was told by one of his employees that one of the owners brother lives in Japan and they own their own shipping crate so that saves them a bunch (not saying anything is wrong with that, but they're making a lot of profit on most cars). When I first wanted to buy an import and went there (never did end up buying a car from there) I waited over an hour for Shaz to arrive. He had some homeless living in his old place back over at McKnight and 52nd or whatever and would allow him to move and drive the cars.. and was always drunk :rofl:.

1. Buddy was looking at buying a Silvia and Shaz couldn't stick around for the test drive so he let one of his employees go with us. Just let my buddy bag the shit out of it, he did too when driving it first. Taking it up to the governor out on the highway. My buddy came back a few days later and they had it in the shop for about half an hour before he could take it out one last time. So, final test drive before purchase, car dies on McKnight.. end of that story was we had to drive with a booster pack under the hood just to get it back. Shaz said he'd knock $500 off the price.. that car was total crap :rofl: .

2. Friend was looking at a GTR for $9,000 (yeah, bad idea I know). Asked to have it lifted up on the hoist and after asking and asking they finally did. He said it was rusted through the floor and the body was just falling apart underneath.

3. I went there looking for an FD while I was looking to my sell my FC, and his lot kid was re arranging some RX-7's. We thought the kid couldn't drive standard because this one kept dying. Well it turned out to be automatic lol. Well the car starts smoking.. coolant is shooting out all over from under the hood - they leave the car running! I took my best friend with me who loves rotaries and who owned a nice FD, and we're just watching boiling coolant spill all over the engine. Simply tell them to turn off the car immediately. They then started asking my buddy questions about the 13B and how to fix certain things with it cause apparently a lot of their RX-7's have done this (probably left them running too lol).

Shaz is really nice. I like Shaz, he means well. But.. look around first is my best advice. No car there is mint, at least one panel is gonna have something wrong with it guaranteed not to mention maybe all. Also a lot of cars seem to have rust. Their nicest stock is probably their old SL's. They're willing to let you take the car for an inspection, but will try to convince you it's already been inspected by their mechanic.

Sorry for the length, but hey, you asked lol. :nut:

Ferio_vti
11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by DannyO

Is that a smoke alarm INSIDE the fire truck??

http://zenautoworks.ca/Current%20Stock%20Units/10210_1222499388.jpg

ExtraSlow
11-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
This makes me want that truck even more.

JDM smoke detector.

flopicok
11-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I went down there to look at some FD's before I ended up getting my second gen. It wasn't a bad experience, but it was enough to turn me off.

I walk in and on the right they have probably 7-8 RX7s. I'm not a super picky person, but EVERY ONE OF THEM had something wrong with it. Interior panels broken, paint faded or rubbed off from shipping, kits falling off. The only one that was actually nice was the auto. I got them to start it up for my girlfriend to test drive and ( enough to make any rotary fan cringe) he revs it to 6000rpm on a COLD ENGINE. There goes the only car I would have considered getting.

Shaz was a really nice guy and very patient as I looked over the other ones with a fine tooth comb. I found that he didn't know too much about the cars he has on the lot. He told me one car had 86xxx km and when I started it up I saw 124xxx on the dash. I asked him to test drive one other car and, like mentioned before, he got his mechanic to go with us. We went around the block in this FD and it starts to sputter, theres no boost and I can hear knocking from some where in the car. NO GOOD. For the record that last car was a red FD with an intake and wood grain steering wheel.... STAY AWAY.

I am going to have to agree with the others on this one, if you want a car from there. Make sure you head down and check it out yourself. Take some one that knows what to look for, specially for the rotarys.

bosa
11-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Let's them know when they're close :rofl: .

DomesticBoy
11-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks a lot guys for the info, it really helps
ill be sure to do a 100% look on all his cars, itll be the first place i check out to see, if there is a bunch of stuff wrong with it then im going to have to look more around

funkedelic2
11-05-2008, 03:42 PM
:repost:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/239343/quality-cars-calgary/

DomesticBoy
11-05-2008, 04:20 PM
haha i guess this thread answers your questions more than the other thread right?
bonus for me and u:thumbsup:

DomesticBoy
11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
alright so i visited the place today
i have to say the customer service was really good
saw a couple of their cars, they have atleast 17gtrs there, only saw two that cought my eye tho, didnt get to test drive them because they were out of gas tho, saw a few 300zx's which were all in horrid shape, not one really cought my eye, the rx7's looked pretty filthy, i did test drive a nissan silvia tho! that one was definetly a nice ride, although there was a weird screeching noise from one of the belts coming from the engine, door didnt close on passenger side without using a bit of force, overall tho, customer service seems good, didnt get to meet shaz but all his employees seemed pretty good. Ill probably be going down there for a second look after my car sells, I wasnt really expecting too much after reading all the posts tho, But overall found one decent car that pulled good, We'll see from there!

SilVFan
11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
They are totally legit. I would utilize them before any others on this forum.

choirboy
05-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Bumping this, so has anyone here actually bought from them and what was the latest experience?

I was looking at a car there a while back, and was hoping to take the car and have a pre purchase inspection done. However, I was told that they dont allow potential customers take a car to an outside mechanic/shop to have it inspected, but will allow one to come there and view it on the hoist.

That itself has made me wary of purchasing from there.

chris746
05-28-2009, 12:15 AM
http://gtrcanada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43964&page=3

moka989
01-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by bosa
I was told by one of his employees that one of the owners brother lives in Japan and they own their own shipping crate so that saves them a bunch (not saying anything is wrong with that, but they're making a lot of profit on most cars).

what kind of difference are we talking, if I barter hard, its good to know what kinds of prices their paying.

Zero102
01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by DomesticBoy
alright so i visited the place today
i have to say the customer service was really good
saw a couple of their cars, they have atleast 17gtrs there, only saw two that cought my eye tho, didnt get to test drive them because they were out of gas tho, saw a few 300zx's which were all in horrid shape, not one really cought my eye, the rx7's looked pretty filthy, i did test drive a nissan silvia tho! that one was definetly a nice ride, although there was a weird screeching noise from one of the belts coming from the engine, door didnt close on passenger side without using a bit of force, overall tho, customer service seems good, didnt get to meet shaz but all his employees seemed pretty good. Ill probably be going down there for a second look after my car sells, I wasnt really expecting too much after reading all the posts tho, But overall found one decent car that pulled good, We'll see from there!

So, they have cars you can't drive because they can't be bothered to put gas in the tank. Cars that are in "horrid shape", and a silvia that they are letting people drive with mechanical issues and a door that doesn't close....

Yeah, they sound great :banghead:

Trini
01-26-2010, 05:07 PM
poor Rx7's

any pulsar gti-r's there?
looking for a project

SRT10Killer
01-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by SilVFan
They are totally legit. I would utilize them before any others on this forum.

They are legit, but they have the second LOWEST quality cars, jdmtuners being the worst. If I was to buy a car from an importer it would be Brave auto or jdmsource.

Quality cars buy cars for like 100,000 yen from the auctions with most being horrible shape which doesn't matter cause he has his own mechanic and attempt to make a killing off of it..

chris746
01-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Are you kidding ?? Why do you think that guy keeps changing the name legally ? He keeps fucking people and getting sued!

He writes his own inspections and imports only the worst of the worst. Happy buying from quality cars hahaha:thumbsdow

moka989
01-27-2010, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by chris746
Are you kidding ?? Why do you think that guy keeps changing the name legally ? He keeps fucking people and getting sued!

He writes his own inspections and imports only the worst of the worst. Happy buying from quality cars hahaha:thumbsdow

site has just changed from quality cars calgary to Japan Dream Cars. hmm.

SRT10Killer
01-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by moka989

site has just changed from quality cars calgary to Japan Dream Cars. hmm.

I guess cause the name "quality cars" contradicts itself lol

Stuntmonkey
01-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Is brave auto and zenautoworks the same company, or does zen get their cars via brave? Noticed the cars on both sites are the same.

Graham_A_M
01-27-2010, 06:30 PM
If you guys are interested in a Fire truck, I know of a guy that has a 1970 Ford pumper, all black & in great shape. 8k original miles. :dunno:
Dont know the asking price but.....

nonlinear
01-27-2010, 06:39 PM
it's in the NE. 'nuff said. :rofl:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-27-2010, 07:04 PM
JDM Source or JDM Motor Imports have much better cars than Quality Cars or whatever it is now in my expeiriences.

moka989
01-28-2010, 08:21 PM
went for testdrives on two skylines, both were in OK condition. shaz was nice, offered in house financing kinda cool, overall sketch scene tho

HeyKai
02-25-2010, 12:21 PM
I bought a toyota crown from them and on the test drive it drove really nice and sounded good. Shaz seemed kinda sketchy in the backseat like he was hoping something wouldn't go wrong, so after the good drive I bought it and started to take it home, and literally right when I turned out of the lot the oil light came on..... So I waas like whatever I'll top it up so I did and then the suspension started to knock, put it on a hoist at my work and the suspension wasn't even bolted in at the bottom and the oil pan was crunched and leaking....to top it off I asked if I could get the parts I need through him and he said of course, so when I told him I need breaks he said he couldn't get any.... Overall don't fucking go there all his cars are bought in a junkyard and then brought to canada, I had a great experience at jdmmotor imports though
, I bought my miata off them and they replaced everything that broke on it for free.

moka989
02-26-2010, 04:59 PM
All stock is shit. Got him to bring me one though. Super happy. His service after the sale is perfect. Paid for and fixed everything from sparkplugs, fuel filter, oil change, serivce ect. He tries hard to keep customers. Bled hydro clutch and changed all fluids for free, while I was there so I could learn about the car. Good experince. I was lucky with mine tho, lots of lemons there.

..*JDM Hatch*..
02-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Tested out a few gts-t's and a supra their,the one employee that drove for the first part of the test drive bagged the shit out of the car,then stopped on the road and told me to give er shit.and it was running like a total bag of shit,sputtering like their is no tomorrow,not boosting properly.etc...etc...

My buddy got a gts4 from them,he got the car about 2 weeks ago,he has lots of experiance with rhd and 5speed etc.and within the first 2 days the clutch started to slip,and then went after a week after purchasing the car.

Shaz,good guy.but the cars their are sketch.

JCarder
03-18-2010, 10:46 AM
So the general consensus is that while Shaz is a good guy and means well, most of his inventory is junk and you need to be careful...

The only reason I would consider buying a car from Japan Dream Cars (Quality Cars) is the in house financing.

If I had cash in hand or was capable of getting the loan I would love to buy from Shoaib at JDMSource. But he doesn't offer financing.....

Do any other JDM dealers in the area offer in house financing??

Shlade
03-18-2010, 11:02 AM
In the end their whole "Finaincing" Deal sucks ass, Its like 400 some a month or more, Not worth it IMO,

All of his cars have SOME sort of damage.. I took a silvia for a test drive, belts were screeching like a mother, One of the salesman took me for a drive in a GTR Skyline and i thought it was going to fall apart.. He bagged it like no tomorrow with the tempature of the engine still very cold

moka989
03-18-2010, 03:45 PM
The in house is good, 250 a year and payments of 400 w 0 percent apr

moka989
03-18-2010, 03:47 PM
A friend of a friend financed a skyline gtr for 2200 downpayment and took it to bc and ditched out on the payments, shaz got screwed. Lol.

black300
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Well thats not cool taking advantage of Shaz, he will just stop offering finance. Like he deserves the money he is just making a living like everyone else.

b-king
03-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Well i picked up a skyline gts-t and have now put on 3000km no problems great deal. Some of the cars are not good but you must check them out he put mine on a lift i checked everthing out .The guy is ok , what he sells not the best but not the worst and he has lots of parts. I am happy ,and would buy again .

moka989
03-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeh I put on 5000 replacewd clutch

Trini
03-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by moka989
A friend of a friend financed a skyline gtr for 2200 downpayment and took it to bc and ditched out on the payments, shaz got screwed. Lol.

hopefully Karma will come around and bite him in the ass

btimbit
03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
The guy is nice, some decent cars. If you're going to go, make sure either yourself or someone you bring with you is knowledgeable about the cars you're looking at. The place is shady, you could easily get ripped off.

5.0LitreBeater
01-07-2011, 12:37 AM
not a place to go if you are inexperienced about the car you want. one out of 50 of those cars are decent. Shaz is very nice and will help you if possible. use your eyes and your experience, know what youre getting into and know if you are in a position where you can handle it. these cars are almost 20 years old and have say in a sea can for months. then look at a 20 year old usdm car, youll feel alot better ex. they say the car has 88xxx kms on it? look for the timing belt replacement sticker and the 100xxxkm mandatory japan inspection sticker. many japan shops put on near un removable engine bay stickers with mileage so you get a real idea of how used your car is. ive heard of alot of hoopties come in and out of there but like a diamond in the rough, there is always one, just dont be a stupid buyer. definitley not a place to go for first time RHD cuz you think its cool thing