http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/SP_A0108.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/SP_A0109.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/SP_A0110.jpg

Jlude
11-03-2008, 10:17 AM
class act :thumbsdow

khtm
11-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Kind of ironic that a tow truck is parked right beside him...

Eleanor
11-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Haha, princess auto.

kaput
11-03-2008, 10:57 AM

GQBalla
11-03-2008, 11:34 AM
lol loving the tittle.

JfuckinC
11-03-2008, 11:38 AM
that trucks or sale i thinnk, i was looking at it last night on the trader.. i think..

Destinova403
11-03-2008, 11:39 AM
that truck is in great shape... in fact... it looks like it never saw mud or a rock in its life...

lifted for looks? compensation?

TKRIS
11-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Destinova403
that truck is in great shape... in fact... it looks like it never saw mud or a rock in its life...

lifted for looks? compensation?

Do you mean to tell me that there are trucks in Red Deer with lifts and big tires that don't actually get used to offroad?

You, sir, have just blown my mind... ;)

I sold my old Jeep because I didn't have time to go offroading with it and refused to be one of these d-bag parking lot warriors.

FWIW: I'm not sure "can't afford a bimmer" is an accurate description seeing as how that truck likely cost around the same as a new M3.

EK 2.0
11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Nice assumption Redlyne...

How do you know the driver of the truck is NOT handicapped??:D

Senseiz
11-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Nice assumption Redlyne...

How do you know the driver of the truck is NOT handicapped??:D

Just wait long enough and the hydraulics compress the springs so it is wheel chair accessible.

2BLUE
11-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by kaput
Send a picture with his plate to the local cops.

That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard!

funkedelic2
11-03-2008, 11:58 AM
haha good thread

ZorroAMG
11-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I almost facepalmed this thread but you are allowed one crappy one per month redlyne. You are usually very good! :(

LOL

Redlyne_mr2
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
haha whats wrong with my thread?

Rat Fink
11-03-2008, 12:37 PM

ZorroAMG
11-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Nothing, I'm just being the douche missing from your post.

:D

bituerbo
11-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Spent all his cash on that truck so even the craftsman tools are out of the question.

POWERFIST FTW!!!! :rofl:

LOL powerfist is great so long as it doesn't have any moving parts.

TKRIS
11-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo

LOL powerfist is great so long as it doesn't have any moving parts.

My knuckles disagree.

Inzane
11-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Fuck I hate trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Especially big jacked rig-rocket ones like that...

The only way I could hate that truck any more is if it was a duelly as well.

LUCKYSTRIKE
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
:werd:

is it just me or do you guys see these fellas in big pick up trucks hot footin it like they in some sports cars flying by, weaving, etc.

urban.one
11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
i thought it might have been the truck from red deeer in this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/237527/stolen-2006-f-250-pickup-fet-316/

Kloubek
11-03-2008, 01:15 PM
That's retarded.

Honkies like this give white dudes like me a bad name!

TomcoPDR
11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
That's retarded.

:rofl: that just made me laugh for some reason

JRSC00LUDE
11-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

:rofl: that just made me laugh for some reason

Likely cause it was moderately funny. :D

badatusrnames
11-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
Fuck I hate trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Especially big jacked rig-rocket ones like that...

The only way I could hate that truck any more is if it was a duelly as well.

:werd: Some douchebag an Deerfoot this evening decided to put his truck into angry mode and mash on the gas. He smoked out and basically cut visibility across all three lanes behind him to five feet, huge hazard when people are doing 100 km/hr and spaced closely.

Supa Dexta
11-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Guy's are tuning for smoke, just to be able to do smoke shows when they stomp on it.

badatusrnames
11-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Guy's are tuning for smoke, just to be able to do smoke shows when they stomp on it.

Loud exhausts are one thing. But this gets me a little angry, doing this to your truck is downright dangerous to other motorists. Like I said, he stomped on it and I literally couldn't see five feet in front of me while cruising down Deerfoot at 100 with cars all around me.

It was a lifted blue Ford with some gay light bar across the back. Looked like it hadn't seen an unpaved road in its life.

shin0bi
11-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by LUCKYSTRIKE

is it just me or do you guys see these fellas in big pick up trucks hot footin it like they in some sports cars flying by, weaving, etc.

Yes.
Usually rednecks with lift kits, massive chrome wheels, and an overinflated sense of road superiority that could only be matched by their ignorance and pencil-thin dicks.

What are the odds they live in the suburbs, have never gone offroading, and work in a profession that has little to no use for a massive pickup truck? I estimate 95% to 97%?

Crowchild trail is bad for this... But honestly, ALL Calgary roads are probably bad for this.

Sometimes I wish I had Magneto's powers, so that I could flick my finger at them and make them flip end over end into a tree any time they put me or my family at risk.

/end rant/:banghead:

JfuckinC
11-04-2008, 12:57 AM
fuck you cry baby bitch assholes, when i buy my monster diesel i'm going to drive like a PRICK until someone makes a thread about me. just so you can talk all this trash to my face, and understand how no other human being is going to give a fuck about your opinion on their choice of vehicle.
man i'm such a redneck prick. big fuckin deallllll.

but that's a pretty lame park job, i will gladly agree.
but thats also a nice truck, so why does this have to turn into a truck/redneck hate thread. little rice rocket drivers are just as bad?!

give it a rest, its the same old cry baby bullshit.

i see stupid ass middle aged chinese people parking like fucktards all day, i dont say shit. i see brown ladies driving big ass SUV's in two lanes, i dont say shit still. i see these white guys in there huge trucks driving like pricks. get the fuck over it.

you guys get to me way too easily hahahaha FUCK.
sorry guys. but can you please like make thread for all the bitching and complaining and have one big fight about everything? no, i know, it will never change. and ill keep reading through it.
so just disregard this post.

BlackArcher101
11-04-2008, 01:12 AM
I love working with these guys, then listening to them complain about the cost of the trucks, then hearing them try to justify the truck and why they need the monster clearance just to drive to a rig site where cavaliers can make it.

"It's because we haul stuff"

And then when they are asked, they bitch and moan and say they don't want to. Larf.

shin0bi
11-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

"It's because we haul stuff"

Rrriiight... Dunno about any of you, but I have NEVER seen anyone in a lifted, chromed out truck haul anything except for their fat girlfriends... God forbid they scratch the paint.

heavyD
11-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I don't see anything wrong with those pictures. Usually lifted trucks like that are driven by males with unusually small penises and in my book that's a handicap.:dunno: The fact that the driver has a small penis and is visiting a store named after a princess is pretty telling in itself. :)

Casa
11-04-2008, 12:10 PM
thats a nice looking truck

Destinova403
11-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
fuck you cry baby bitch assholes, when i buy my monster diesel i'm going to drive like a PRICK until someone makes a thread about me. just so you can talk all this trash to my face, and understand how no other human being is going to give a fuck about your opinion on their choice of vehicle.

but thats also a nice truck, so why does this have to turn into a truck/redneck hate thread. little rice rocket drivers are just as bad?!

i see stupid ass middle aged chinese people parking like fucktards all day, i dont say shit. i see brown ladies driving big ass SUV's in two lanes, i dont say shit still. i see these white guys in there huge trucks driving like pricks. get the fuck over it.

sorry guys. but can you please like make thread for all the bitching and complaining and have one big fight about everything? no, i know, it will never change. and ill keep reading through it.

my sarcasm detector just exploded...

i REALLY hope you arent serious

KRyn
11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
That's retarded.

Honkie is a great word..

Boosted Gtir
11-04-2008, 12:26 PM
MULLETS & MONSTER TRUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

JordanEG6
11-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Fuck I hate trucks. Hahaha. That Truck is the epitome of Redneck. All you need is a bunch of empty Pilsners in the back

TorqueDog
11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by LUCKYSTRIKE
is it just me or do you guys see these fellas in big pick up trucks hot footin it like they in some sports cars flying by, weaving, etc. Funny, I see kids in econoboxes do the exact same thing. What's worse, the guys in the trucks acknowledge they don't drive sports cars... but the guys in the sport-compacts....

Horatio
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
I don't see anything wrong with those pictures. Usually lifted trucks like that are driven by males with unusually small penises and in my book that's a handicap.:dunno: The fact that the driver has a small penis and is visiting a store named after a princess is pretty telling in itself. :)

:rofl:

hampstor
11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Parking in handicapped spot :thumbsdow Usually I see trucks parked at the far end of aparking lot - it's WAY easier to just walk far then try and park in a tight spot.

The truck hate on cracks me up ...how many people in this thread hating on trucks call the 1 or 2 friends that have them whenever they need to pickup something from IKEA/Home Depot/RONA/furniture they buy on beyond etc?

shin0bi
11-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by hampstor
Parking in handicapped spot :thumbsdow Usually I see trucks parked at the far end of aparking lot - it's WAY easier to just walk far then try and park in a tight spot.

The truck hate on cracks me up ...how many people in this thread hating on trucks call the 1 or 2 friends that have them whenever they need to pickup something from IKEA/Home Depot/RONA/furniture they buy on beyond etc?

I don't necessarily feel that we're all hating on trucks for the sake of hatin' on trucks... I think the general consensus is that we're hating on the odd douchenugget who gives the rest of you truck ownin' types a bad name, because he's driving his truck in an unsafe and or uncourteous way simply because he's "bigger" than everyone else or has "Moar torques, yo."

The same can (and indeed has been) said about the kids in their sports compacts driving through Tuscany like they were being chased by Satan and his twelve angry flaming reindeer lusting for souls.

There's also a wee bit of rage against people who buy trucks and then don't actually use them for their intended purpose. (Ie. moving things, going where other vehicles can't, etc.)

I've certainly never hated on any of my buddies with trucks, because in their cases, they NEED trucks for their lines of work, and for the most part, they do tend to drive responsibly. The one friend who didn't drive responsibly ended up crashing so bad he needed reconstructive facial surgery...

EvolutionI
11-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by urban.one
i thought it might have been the truck from red deeer in this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/237527/stolen-2006-f-250-pickup-fet-316/

The tires on the truck on this thread are Nitto Mud Grapplers, not BFGs

Fuck everyone that hates on trucks. How is a white guy having a truck jacked up with 37 inch tires any different then a brown guy having a prelude lowered on 18 inch rims? The fact that the truck can survive all weather conditions, doesn't have to veer around pot holes, and is more fun? Having a tuner car is awesome, but sometimes you just realize why make a car that is fun when you speed, when you can make a truck you can have fun without putting anyone else's life at danger.

Oh and if you piss off a ricer, he will blow his fart cannon at you, if you piss off a big truck he just drives right over your car :P

megavolt
11-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I can't even get my diesel to do a smokeshow... hate guys that do it on purpose.

rockanrepublic
12-01-2008, 04:39 AM
not surprised in the least i see so many "think there hot shit" truck drivers there last sat one was backing up into a parking spot at about 50km/h form the entrance then decides he wants a different spot cuts me off and takes up two spaces it was a red dodge ram or something im not sure dont know my trucks so well.:dunno:

RedGallardo
12-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by shin0bi

Rrriiight... Dunno about any of you, but I have NEVER seen anyone in a lifted, chromed out truck haul anything except for their fat girlfriends... God forbid they scratch the paint.

Ummm... Lifting a truck would be defeating the point of dating a fat girl, and vice versa.

RedGallardo
12-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by rockanrepublic
not surprised in the least i see so many "think there hot shit" truck drivers there last sat one was backing up into a parking spot at about 50km/h form the entrance then decides he wants a different spot cuts me off and takes up two spaces it was a red dodge ram or something im not sure dont know my trucks so well.:dunno:

Just like every hot shit "JDM tuner car" owner feels the need to bring their fucking inline 4 or 6 up to 7000RPM to shift, just so they can throw a fireball out their fart-can exhaust.

7thgenvic
12-01-2008, 03:36 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

dropdat
12-27-2008, 02:12 PM

I'm just curious why you guys lower your cars and upgrade the engines? You guys aren't race car drivers, so you're just as bad as any guy in a truck. You're just jealous cause those peice of shit rice rockets can't handle in the winter so that's why you make hate threads, or are you jealous that a nice truck is 80k as apose to your 20k honda, for being such useless rednecks, they seem to be alot better off then most of you guys.

And for the record, I have a new truck, but it's beaten all over the outside from work. Also, I'm in Fort Nelson alot right now and there isn't a single job where a Cavalier could make it like someone stated before.

dropdat
12-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Why does anyone even care that the truck parked in a handicapped spot? I'm pretty sure it's non of your business and I'm pretty sure it didn't cause you any harm, maybe you guys should go back to the street garbae thread and start bitching about that again.

I'd love to see any of you guys come up to Red Earth Creek, Fort Nelson or Rainbow and start beaking some pipeliners/riggers about trucks.

finboy
12-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by dropdat

You're just jealous

worst internet logic ever

Why does anyone even care that the truck parked in a handicapped spot? I'm pretty sure it's non of your business and I'm pretty sure it didn't cause you any harm, maybe you guys should go back to the street garbae thread and start bitching about that again.

yea, we aren't handicapped so we shouldn't worry at all about anyone who is handicapped and could have used that spot. i mean it doesn't directly affect our lives so fuck everyone else, right? :dunno:

dropdat
12-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by finboy

yea, we aren't handicapped so we shouldn't worry at all about anyone who is handicapped and could have used that spot. i mean it doesn't directly affect our lives so fuck everyone else, right? :dunno:

I'm just curious why everyone cares so much? I didn't know everyone on this board was such a humanitarian.

All I'm saying is that maybe you guys should focus on your own lives instead of spending all your time bitching about others.

finboy
12-27-2008, 02:34 PM

I'm just curious why everyone cares so much? I didn't know everyone on this board was such a humanitarian.

All I'm saying is that maybe you guys should focus on your own lives instead of spending all your time bitching about others.

or maybe people should stop putting themselves first and realize that there are handicapped spots for those who need them, instead of walking an extra 20 feet from another spot.

but fuck it, let those who have trouble getting around worry about their own lives.

Redlyne_mr2
12-27-2008, 02:36 PM

I'd love to see any of you guys come up to Red Earth Creek, Fort Nelson or Rainbow and start beaking some pipeliners/riggers about trucks.
Little bit of a minority complex here I think.

I care that it's parked in a handicap spot because the driver isn't handicapped. Big truck or not it's extremely selfish of him to park in a spot that's reserved for someone less fortunate than us. What's ironic is that this "hardworking man" is to lazy and ignorant to park in a proper spot and walk an extra 6 feet to the store.

Believe it or not some people in this world actually care about others, some people even find it fullfilling to help others in need, imagine that. Grow up and stay out those handicap spots.

dropdat
12-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by finboy

or maybe people should stop putting themselves first and realize that there are handicapped spots for those who need them, instead of walking an extra 20 feet from another spot.

but fuck it, let those who have trouble getting around worry about their own lives.

No, I think you should start worrying about yourself a little more instead of everyone around you. Is your life so pathetic you have nothing better to do then bitch about everything?

Impreza
12-27-2008, 02:51 PM
^Holy crap, you're missing the point! The fact of the matter is, some douche parked in a handicap stall, doesn't even matter if it is a truck, S2000, or a fucking Ferrari lol, in this case it was a truck!

I used to hate on this stupid chick who always parked in a handicap stall at the Art Parkade at UC. Funny thing is, she isn't handicapped, but she has a handicap permit. I know this because her brother is handicapped and she just uses the pass while shes driving by herself...

In addition, there are two fucking retards driving Civic Si's, a white and a blue one, that BOTH park in the fucking handicap stalls at the Art Parkade. Neither of them have a handicap permit. I will be sure to call them in next time I see it....

dropdat
12-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Impreza
^Holy crap, you're missing the point! The fact of the matter is, some douche parked in a handicap stall, doesn't even matter if it is a truck, S2000, or a fucking Ferrari lol, in this case it was a truck!

I didn't miss any point, I just chimed in as soon as this turned into a truck hate thread.

finboy
12-27-2008, 02:56 PM

No, I think you should start worrying about yourself a little more instead of everyone around you. Is your life so pathetic you have nothing better to do then bitch about everything?

http://travelkat.com/images/index%20photos/palm%20tree%20face.JPG

Dumbass17
12-27-2008, 05:15 PM
haha i think that's my buddies LOL

talonboi
12-27-2008, 05:44 PM

I didn't miss any point, I just chimed in as soon as this turned into a truck hate thread.

Personally, i like these types of trucks, total opposite in doing up a car. cars get lowered, trucks get lifted. cars upgrade to 18" wheels with 35 series tires, trucks get a 15" wheel with mudders.

i dont think people here hate the trucks, i think the people here hate the douche bags driving them

bart
12-27-2008, 05:51 PM
it is only a handicap spot if there is a post sign. paint on the road does not count.

cam_wmh
12-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Could it be that you are so far removed from society, and a proper piece of ass, that you have developed a short fuse?:thumbsup:

chkolny541
12-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

Could it be that you are so far removed from society, and a proper piece of ass, that you have developed a short fuse?:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Eleanor
12-28-2008, 01:49 AM

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite

:rofl:

msommers
12-28-2008, 01:00 PM
And for the record, I have a new truck, but it's beaten all over the outside from work. Also, I'm in Fort Nelson alot right now and there isn't a single job where a Cavalier could make it like someone stated before.

I was working at a huge site north of Fort Nelson and the roads seemed pretty good to me! I guess the cars in the camp parking lots were towed there.

EDIT: I just remembered what it was called, Helmut. Was for CNRL.

Isaiah
12-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by bart
it is only a handicap spot if there is a post sign. paint on the road does not count.

:facepalm: Brutal.

Tell that to the mobility restricted senior walking from the back of the parking lot with the assistance of a cane because some 21 year old jackass in a lifted truck took the 'road-painted' spot.

Your logic eludes me.

wardpr68
12-28-2008, 02:51 PM

burn and kill yourself.

Furthermore, I have Calgary Parking Authority on speed dial now just in case I ever see your Golf parked in a handi spot.

Spoons
12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Well I mean he very well could be handicapped.

I met a guy at market mall who drove a lifted truck and he was in a wheel chair. Guy was a machine, fucking basically launched himself up to his seat. It was bad ass!

I cry myself to sleep knowing I will never be as cool as him...

johnboy27
12-28-2008, 06:56 PM

Fuck pipeliners and riggers ( they are some of the winiest bitches in the patch) with their ridiculously modded pickups and their "reasons" for it. I pass tons of them in the ditches or stuck in 6-10 inch mud all the time in my 100,000 pound semi while I am travelling the oilfield roads, pulled quite a few out in the past couple of years too.

Cooked Rice
12-29-2008, 03:45 AM

or are you jealous that a nice truck is 80k as apose to your 20k honda

:rolleyes:

Wow how did you know? I'm also jealous of everyone who drives base model cobalts, calibers and mani-vans because they are all worth more than what I drive :cry: it's true, it really is... so jealous

ZorroAMG
12-29-2008, 11:35 AM

Awwww, Simpson Jr, that's cute logic.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: Dropdasakid:

As opposed. Did you REALLY think it was as aposed?

joyridder
12-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I agree with the parking in a handicapped...thats dbagging it. But all you guys whining about trucks, get a life.

I've done the sport compact import thing, and I can outrun most of the little rice rockets, smoke you out when your driving like a dink, get you to move out of the way when your doing 10 under in the left lane, get out of my driveway when it snows more than a foot, tow 20k lbs and comfortably seat four.

1997GSR
12-29-2008, 04:14 PM
:whocares: srsly.

NickGT
12-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Fuck I hate trucks. Hahaha. That Truck is the epitome of Redneck. All you need is a bunch of empty Pilsners in the back

Bahaahaha :rofl: Mmmm Pilsner.

dropdat
12-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by msommers

I was working at a huge site north of Fort Nelson and the roads seemed pretty good to me! I guess the cars in the camp parking lots were towed there.

EDIT: I just remembered what it was called, Helmut. Was for CNRL.

Yeah, the highway is fine to drive up, anyone can make it to camp. I mean to the actaul lease and jobs.

I also really hope you don't try to tell me you see cars drive down leases and that you always see them on the job sites because if you've ever actually been to a real site you would know there isn't a single thing besides a truck there.

dropdat
12-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by johnboy27

Fuck pipeliners and riggers ( they are some of the winiest bitches in the patch) with their ridiculously modded pickups and their "reasons" for it. I pass tons of them in the ditches or stuck in 6-10 inch mud all the time in my 100,000 pound semi while I am travelling the oilfield roads, pulled quite a few out in the past couple of years too.

What is it exactly that you do? Drive a picker truck? Or have you not even made it far enough to operate a picker yet?

If that is what you do and you're shit talking riggers and pipeliners then there must be something seriously wrong with you. You have the easiest job in the patch and usually you guys are the fattest, most useless fucks out there. Not only that, you guys are huge pussys, you can't even do real work so you drive and play with joy sticks, staying warm all day.

TACO.VIDAL
12-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Eh dem pickups in Lethbridge goodin.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9344/lethbridge1986dadxe0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/lethbridge1986dadxe0.jpg/1/w928.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img58/lethbridge1986dadxe0.jpg/1/)

heavyD
12-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by hampstor

No hating on trucks at all.:dunno: They come in handy a couple of times a year when I need to make a dump trip or pick up a large purchase. That's why I always make sure that I befriend at least 1 or 2 fellas with small penises. It ensures that there will always be a pickup truck available for those times.

Eleanor
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
you can't even do real work so you drive and play with joy sticks, staying warm all day.
So what you're saying is that these guys stay inside their warm trucks all day, doing very little work all while getting paid. But you're the real man for going outside in -30C weather everyday doing the "hard" work. I wouldn't call that being a real man, I'd call that stupid :rofl:

Spoons
12-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

So what you're saying is that these guys stay inside their warm trucks all day, doing very little work all while getting paid. But you're the real man for going outside in -30C weather everyday doing the "hard" work. I wouldn't call that being a real man, I'd call that stupid :rofl:

Yep... My father always told me there are smart workers, and stupid workers.

A smart worker will get paid and do nothing, and a stupid worker will work his ass off and get paid.

And I am not talking about slacking...

weeznah
12-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

wow your more of a douchbag than the guy parked in the handicapped spot...

Spoons
12-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by weeznah

wow your more of a douchbag than the guy parked in the handicapped spot...

Alright... I am probably going to get beaked to hell for saying this, but I am prepared. I used to work trades, etc. as well so I feel I can comment.

How is he a douche bag? How is it any different then calling guys who sit in their trucks douche bags?

People like Eleanor and me or whomever go to school so we can sit in our trucks all day or in an office. I've worked commercial electrician, and worked in -30 weather... I fucking hate it, that is why I went to school.

It is lifestyle choices, some don't go to school and work trades (yes I know you go to SAIT) and some of us go to school and work office jobs. We went to school so we don't have to be out in -30 weather, some didn't.

Simple as that. Trust me... trades are awesome... but it isn't exactly hard to get through school. Take me and Eleanor in engineering and we get our asses kicked for 4-5 years of our lives in school, I think we deserve to sit in our offices/trucks.

Supa Dexta
12-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Ya know what, today I drove from edson to calgary, and thought of this thread... I have a huge truck, and work for the rigs, but mine is basically stock, its just big being a long box crew cab ) and even so I'm short on room a lot of the time..

But either way I stopped and pulled 2 people out of the ditch on my drive, so most of you guys complaining can shut your hole.. Of course there will be assholes in trucks, just the same as there are asshole's driving pos imports... I'm sure each and everyone of you would appreciate a pull out of the ditch on a day like today... Ive been awake for a couple of days, but I still stopped to help, and even turned around for one guy, who was off the road in the opposite direction, so trucks ain't that bad some of the time.

msommers
12-31-2008, 02:12 PM

Yeah, the highway is fine to drive up, anyone can make it to camp. I mean to the actaul lease and jobs.

I also really hope you don't try to tell me you see cars drive down leases and that you always see them on the job sites because if you've ever actually been to a real site you would know there isn't a single thing besides a truck there.

When I was there, it was around beginning of Nov to mid Feb. The whole time there, all the winter roads were grated and snow was packed down pretty good around sites. Sure, I'll admit that I've never seen a car at a job there because it doesn't make any sense when you need to load up at the tool shed or a trailor near-by and head out for the day. But in all honesty, having a car with winter tires would have been just fine, it just doesn't make any sense if you need to bring more than a lunch.

There was one time, in the summer, at the Surmont Project near Fort Mac where some engineer came onto the site with his rental car...:rofl: :rofl:

TomcoPDR
04-02-2009, 08:24 PM
More crazyness

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/100_3044.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/100_3045.jpg

Supa Dexta
04-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Ha.. I Have a set thats over 6'6 tip to tip hanging in my garage. I should tack them on.