PDA

View Full Version : Futureshop Headsup - Free dvd player with Cell phone purchase!

Weapon_R
09-21-2003, 06:22 PM
I just purchased a cell phone from Futureshop, and they are throwing in a free dvd player for anyone who purchases online. Factoring in the dvd player, it's a very good deal for some of the phones offered!

girlRACER
09-21-2003, 09:50 PM
I know BellMobility also had that deal with any cellphone purchase with a 2 yr. contract. Seemed like a good deal except for the part about being stuck in a 2 yr contract part :(

roopi
09-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Weapon_R - what phone did you buy?

GTS Jeff
09-21-2003, 10:50 PM
yea that was an instore deal too but they give away cheap ass dvd players by "malata" or "daytek"....u can demand a 50$ gift cert. instead

04blackMAX
09-21-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
I know BellMobility also had that deal with any cellphone purchase with a 2 yr. contract. Seemed like a good deal except for the part about being stuck in a 2 yr contract part :(

i dont understand why you care about a 2 year contract, what your not gonna have a cell phone in 2 years??..whats the big deal, will be if you wanna cancell anytime is 99 bucks

Weapon_R
09-21-2003, 11:10 PM
It is a shitty dvd player, but as long as it plays, it's fine by me.

I bought the nokia 3595. I've heard great reviews about this phone, especially for clarity and reception. It's by no means cosmetically pleasing, but I wanted a phone that would take advantage of the new 850mhz band, and this one was the one. Nothing a faceplate can't fix anyways. It's cheaper to buy straight up at FS.ca than it was to purchase anywhere else.

As for the contract thing, it's not really a big deal to me. Almost every phone i've had has been around for over two years anyways, but the added benefit of having the freedom to leave your provider is always nice.

girlRACER
09-21-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX

i dont understand why you care about a 2 year contract, what your not gonna have a cell phone in 2 years??..whats the big deal, will be if you wanna cancell anytime is 99 bucks

I switch cellphones every 3 months so I like the freedom of being able to switch service providers. It costs $99 to cancel the contract plus an extra $25(?) for each month remaining on the contract. Or at least that's how much Rogers and Telus charges.

04blackMAX
09-21-2003, 11:18 PM
holy shit can i ask why u switch them every 3 months, doesnt that get expensive??

girlRACER
09-21-2003, 11:23 PM
holy shit can i ask why u switch them every 3 months, doesnt that get expensive??

I was stuck on a 1-year contract with Rogers with my Motorola V70. That phone was a piece of crap combined with the poor GSM reception of the Rogers network. I switched to a V60 which broke. Then to a Nokia 8390 which had worse reception than my V70 and now finally to a low-end Motorola C333. Still reception isn't all that great but now that my 1-year contract has finally ended I'm switching service providers. Thus, never again will I sign a contract.

04blackMAX
09-21-2003, 11:25 PM
hahaha man your phone cursed, ive had like 3 cell phones my life, all keep till the contracts done, i have that cheapo audiovox now, and love it, you should try that one

girlRACER
09-23-2003, 01:41 AM
hahaha man your phone cursed, ive had like 3 cell phones my life, all keep till the contracts done, i have that cheapo audiovox now, and love it, you should try that one

haha...that's the new phone that I bought...the Audiovox Cdm-8500 :bigpimp:

GTS Jeff
09-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by girlRACER

haha...that's the new phone that I bought...the Audiovox Cdm-8500 :bigpimp: so uve switched to bell? how do u find reception and clarity so far? impressions of the phone?